Export thread

NFL Thread

Limit: 500

blotsfan

blotsfan

God damn what a game!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I don't really understand why I was cheering for Denver. I feel so unpatriotic.

General Specific

General Specific

God damn what a game!
Fun facts about the NFL.
  • You can now apparently hit the opposing QB in the head many times throughout a game and NOT get a penalty for it. Even if you launch yourself at them with the crown of your helmet, you will merely get a personal foul that will be offset because the QB clearly intentionally grounded it.
  • Meanwhile, jumping up and down to celebrate a touchdown while drectly in front of a player on the other team is a serious affront and the player needs to be called out and threatened with ejection immediately.
[/sourgrapes]

blotsfan

blotsfan

If it makes you feel better, the concussion protocol is a joke. I'd like it if the NFL gave Newton a one week paid suspension to stick it to the panthers.

Dave

Dave

Fun facts about the NFL.
  • You can now apparently hit the opposing QB in the head many times throughout a game and NOT get a penalty for it. Even if you launch yourself at them with the crown of your helmet, you will merely get a personal foul that will be offset because the QB clearly intentionally grounded it.
  • Meanwhile, jumping up and down to celebrate a touchdown while drectly in front of a player on the other team is a serious affront and the player needs to be called out and threatened with ejection immediately.
[/sourgrapes]
Both calls were completely correct. Sour grapes, indeed.

Null

Null

In other news, Cam Newton will spend most of the weekend re-learning simple shapes and trying to remember his family's names.

Tress

Tress

Both calls were completely correct. Sour grapes, indeed.
Technically, that may be true. But the ridiculous stranglehold the NFL has on celebrations is stupid. No Fun League, indeed.

Not to mention that they are treating headshots like they're no big deal.

Dave

Dave

Technically, that may be true. But the ridiculous stranglehold the NFL has on celebrations is stupid. No Fun League, indeed.

Not to mention that they are treating headshots like they're no big deal.
I agree on both of your counts, but the fact remains both of those calls were correct. Now, they may not have called others, but these specific ones were right.

And I SO wish they would allow celebrations. These guys are professionals. This is entertainment. Let them entertain. A lot of my favorite memories of the NFL are about touchdown celebrations. The Dirty Bird, the hiding of the cell phone, things like that. Let the teams celebrate. Now, I can see not being allowed to get in people's faces, but let them dance and have fun. Get the crowd going. Give them a show.

fade

fade

I agree on both of your counts, but the fact remains both of those calls were correct. Now, they may not have called others, but these specific ones were right.

And I SO wish they would allow celebrations. These guys are professionals. This is entertainment. Let them entertain. A lot of my favorite memories of the NFL are about touchdown celebrations. The Dirty Bird, the hiding of the cell phone, things like that. Let the teams celebrate. Now, I can see not being allowed to get in people's faces, but let them dance and have fun. Get the crowd going. Give them a show.

Null

Null

General Specific

General Specific

ESPN seems to disagree with you there, Dave. As does a lot of other sites.

The simple fact is that Stewart targeted Cam with the crown of his helmet. Which we heard about all last year was an offense that required immediate ejection of the offending player. Watch the video in this report.

Now, the Targeting rules as found here read:
"if a player illegally launches into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (1) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (2) uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) to initiate forcible contact against any part of his opponent’s body."

"Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant."

Now, go watch that video again. Stewart left his feet, head down, straight into Newton's helmet. So why wasn't he ejected? Well, officials may not have thought it was flagrant, but then you have Newton laid out on the ground afterward. If that's not flagrant, I want to know what is.

Or does Newton's attempt to dump the ball off and drawing a grounding call nullify an ejection?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Since this is taking over the Epic win thread, we probably should have a place for this NFL season.

Dave

Dave

The penalties offset. It sucks and it doesn't seem like this is how it should be, but it is. Even had it been flagged for flagrant and ejected, it still would have been nullified by the offsetting penalty. Because yes, Cam intentionally grounded the ball. The call for roughing the passer was correct because at the time in the eyes of the ref, it was not flagrant enough to warrant an ejection. Instant replays from a television angle make it easy to see that it was probably targeting, but they don't have that luxury during the game from their angle.

It sucks, but it's the way it is. The player will be fined but I doubt he'll be suspended.[DOUBLEPOST=1473445590,1473445162][/DOUBLEPOST]
Since this is taking over the Epic win thread, we probably should have a place for this NFL season.
Weird. When I put in the threads it put yours at #15 instead of at the top. I merges by timestamp instead of in the order it should.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Weird. When I put in the threads it put yours at #15 instead of at the top. I merges by timestamp instead of in the order it should.
Cut the bullshit. We all know this is just you taking credit for my brilliant and original idea to have a place to talk about the most popular sport in America in the sports area! :p

Dave

Dave

There. Happy?[DOUBLEPOST=1473451498,1473451490][/DOUBLEPOST]:-D

General Specific

General Specific

Yeah, sorry about getting a bit out of hand in the Epic win thread.

I respect the fact that the way refs called it is the way it was and will stand. Stewart absolutely deserves to get suspended for that hit, though. If the NFL really wants to say that they are against concussions and want to keep players safe, they need to suspend him for that.

A fine is nothing to these guys, they make millions a year and so what's a couple hundred thousand dollars for putting the hurt on someone? Especially someone like Newton who doesn't get the calls like other QBs do. The best way to get the message through is to take away playing time.

If that was Romo or Brady, do you think we'd be talking about a lack of flags? No, we'd be here talking about how dirty Denver played.

Dave

Dave

I happen to personally know an NFL ref and have talked to him about this. ESPN can say what they want, but they are just as much experts as we are. Hell, not even most of the players know all the rules.

General Specific

General Specific

Oh I know, it's just that there seems to be a bit of a consensus forming that there were a lot of missed calls that should have gone in the Panthers' way. This just seems to be a trend with Newton, whether intentional or not, he just does not seem to get treated the same as other QBs. I see that as an issue. And Stewart's play is just the most egregious recent example and as such should be treated with seriousness, not a simple write off because there happened to be an opposing foul at the same time.

Dave

Dave

And yet if Tom Brady gets breathed on too heavily they throw a flag.

General Specific

General Specific

And yet if Tom Brady gets breathed on too heavily they throw a flag.
Yup, exactly my point. :)

drifter

drifter

I read somewhere that part of it is because Cam is a mobile quarterback; once a qb leaves the pocket he is treated like any other ball carrier and forfeits the rules that protects qbs. Not sure how true that is, either in total or regarding Cam, but sounds plausible.

Dave

Dave

None of the times he was hit was he outside the pocket.

drifter

drifter

I was replying more in response to the assertion that Cam has historically not gotten calls from refs. I didn't see much of the game except the end of the 4th quarter, but from the excerpts I've seen I'm mostly on General_Specific's side. That said, I don't watch enough football to know how other team's quarterbacks are treated by the refs.

Covar

Covar

I happen to personally know an NFL ref and have talked to him about this. ESPN can say what they want, but they are just as much experts as we are. Hell, not even most of the players know all the rules.
To me this is a big problem with the NFL that eventually catch up with them. You shouldn't need a law degree to keep up with the rules

Covar

Covar

Most players do know how to run out of bounds to stop the clock though. Most players :troll:

blotsfan

blotsfan

Most players do know how to run out of bounds to stop the clock though. Most players :troll:

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Is it too early to say "Brady who?"

Dave

Dave

:stfu:

blotsfan

blotsfan

Oh and I wasn't too optimistic but after the shitshow the Bills put on today...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Cam Newton's lack of calls issue is this generation's Hack A Shaq. Little cornerbacks and linebackers hitting great big Cam doesn't get called because in the back of people's minds he is too big to hurt.

I wanted the refs fired from that Carolina game. And, I don't like Carolina.

Covar

Covar

Man all these retired Payton Manning commercials just make me sad.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I know these guys.

image.jpeg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Someone's joined the color rush, I see.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I suspect that blotsfan will be posting in The I'm Drunk/Wasted/High thread part too drunk to count thread shortly.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I drove tonight and I have to wake up early tomorrow. You'll have to settle for this.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So, did anybody pick Garoppolo for their fantasy team?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Football is stupid and I hate it.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Football is stupid and I hate it.
Garoppolo may just be feeling that right now, too :aaah:

BErt

25 combined penalties in Lions/Titans. That's 12 short of the record, with 1:44 left in the third. Just horrible officiating, both ways. Nobody is having fun watching this game.

PatrThom

PatrThom

25 combined penalties in Lions/Titans. That's 12 short of the record, with 1:44 left in the third. Just horrible officiating, both ways. Nobody is having fun watching this game.
I'm at work until 7.
I may have gotten the better deal.

--Patrick

BErt

I'm at work until 7.
I may have gotten the better deal.

--Patrick
The Lions had 1st and goal from the 1 at one point. Three plays later it was 1st and goal from the 29.

Dave

Dave

So, did anybody pick Garoppolo for their fantasy team?
Janeane?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Aye.

Wait, this isn't the 2016 Comedy Bowl Thread.

BErt

Wait, this isn't the 1996 Comedy Bowl Thread.
FTFY

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was watching the Texan game with a 30 minute buffer on my DVR. After a while I felt stupid for yelling at the coaches and refs, with that 30 minute buffer and 90 mile differential.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I was watching the Texan game with a 30 minute buffer on my DVR. After a while I felt stupid for yelling at the coaches and refs, with that 30 minute buffer and 90 mile differential.
How did you not catch up to real time, skipping the boring bits?

Or did you start with a 2 hour buffer?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

How did you not catch up to real time, skipping the boring bits?

Or did you start with a 2 hour buffer?
Pause and cook lunch, mix a couple of drinks...

Dave

Dave

My wife is a fan of the Denver Broncos. I have a chance to buy 4 tickets to the Denver KC game that will be played on Christmas day. My son will be here then and there are 5 of us if we include my daughter's NFL crazy boyfriend - which we would.

If we ARE able to buy the tickets this is going to be interesting.

Gared

Gared

So, what do you think is worse, getting caught being filthy fucking cheaters for the third time in four years and being fined $400k for the team, $200k for the head coach, losing 3 OTAs for 2017, and losing a 5th round pick for 2017; or all of that and royally sucking against a team that was embarassed by the 49ers, after just barely beating the Dolphins in week one?

Dave

Dave

I think they are equally amusing.

Gared

Gared

Don't get me wrong, I love the Seahawks, but right now they're all believing the hype about themselves and they're going to have to wake up and smell the bullshit.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

filthy fucking cheaters . . . just barely beating the Dolphins . . .
I actually had to read your post twice, carefully, to realize you weren't talking about the Patriots.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I actually had to read your post twice, carefully, to realize you weren't talking about the Patriots.
I totally missed that too

jwhouk

jwhouk

And the insufferable fans on the other side of the St. Croix River are going to crow for months now...

Shakey

Shakey

And the insufferable fans on the other side of the St. Croix River are going to crow for months now...
CAW CAW!
xYtf5Nj.gif

jwhouk

jwhouk

SUPER BOWLS WON:
  • Green Bay - 4
  • Minnesota - 0

Dave

Dave

Dallas Cowboys - 5

jwhouk

jwhouk

Okay, we're gonna go THAT route, hm?

NFL Championships

Green Bay - 11
Pittsburgh - 6
Dallas - 5
Minnesota - 1*

* - Promptly lost to the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl IV

Tress

Tress

Okay, we're gonna go THAT route, hm?

NFL Championships

Green Bay - 11
Pittsburgh - 6
Dallas - 5
Minnesota - 1*

* - Promptly lost to the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl IV
Oy!

GreenBay - 11
Pittsburgh - 6
San Francisco - 5
Dallas - 5
Minnesota - 1

Thankyouverymuch.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I don't like this topic of conversation.

BErt

Hey, a list I can actually participate in!

NFL CHAMPIONSHIPS

GreenBay - 11
Pittsburgh - 6
San Francisco - 5
Dallas - 5
THE DETROIT LIONS - 4
Minnesota - 1

Dave

Dave

Superbowls is the only metric that matters.

Shakey

Shakey

SUPER BOWLS WON:
  • Green Bay - 4
  • Minnesota - 0
That must make it hurt that much more to see such a superior team fall to the lowly Vikings.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Dammit Texans, hold onto the fooking ball!

Dave

Dave

And the Texans looked down and whispered, "No."

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was so depressed by the 3rd quarter, that I went to bed an hour and a half early.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Bills are going to lose to the Patriots with Julian Edelman at starting qb.

Dave

Dave

At this point I think we can all agree that it's not Tom Brady any longer, but the system in place. Any time a QB from that system goes somewhere else they suck.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

At this point I think we can all agree that it's not Tom Brady any longer, but the system in place. Any time a QB from that system goes somewhere else they suck.
Just so long as we agree that it wasn't Peyton Manning any longer, but the Denver defence.

blotsfan

blotsfan

There has only been one QB that has looked good in the Patriots system and subsequently went to another team, and he had a year where he finished 2nd in MVP voting.

jwhouk

jwhouk

That was because the offense was originally built for Bledsoe.

15 years ago, Bledsoe gets hurt, Pats are 0-2, everyone is thinking Belicheck is toast and the Pats are going to fade back into obscurity.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I wonder what @blotsfan's Hope rating is right now.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Confused. Very, very confused.

Terrik

Terrik

Steelers football party over here.

Er...why are they losing.

Dave

Dave

Cowboys win, which is awesome. Has everyone asking, "Tony who?"

And I was at the Chiefs/Jets game today. Got to see NFL history being made. It's the first time a team has had 8 turnovers. Plenty of 7 turnover games and a couple 9 turnover games, but this was the first one that had exactly 8.

TNM

TNM

Seahawks!

Let's see if the O-line will figure out how to protect Russell and maybe he won't get his leg ripped off next week.

blotsfan

blotsfan

What is this season?

Terrik

Terrik

Gearing up for Steelers vs chiefs

Dei

Dei

What is this season?
I am confused too.

BErt

Players I have started and lost to injury on a single fantasy football team:

Trevor Siemian
Adrian Peterson
Jeremy Langford
Dwayne Washington
Eric Decker

...it is week 4 of NFL football

Dave

Dave

Julio! Julio! Hoo! Lee! Ooooooooh!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Oh man, this is awesome.

Dave

Dave

So...you think Romo is going to still have a job when he comes back? I think it's going to be close.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Dak has showed promise but I 100% start Romo when he's healthy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is the same way Tony got his job.

Dave

Dave

I think that Romo should hold a clipboard. And I don't think this because Dak is a better QB (necessarily), but Tony's health is a huge concern. Dude's already going to be hurting in the future, why ruin his life just to play one more season?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So...you think Romo is going to still have a job when he comes back? I think it's going to be close.
I've been joking that when he gets back, their practice squad is gonna try to take him out.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Ok seriously, what the fuck is happening?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Ok seriously, what the fuck is happening?
I'm sitting here watching the Blue Jays in the playoffs. This (along with last year) hasn't happened since back when Buffalo was making the Superbowl.

Whatever the fuck is happening, just enjoy it.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Sweep!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Poetic justice that the guy who threw the punch was the guy who made the throw the winning run beat out.
It does mean the bad blood with the Rangers will continue next year.

It's nice to be be playing good enough to have a rivalry that matters.

. . . oh, wrong thread. Umm . . .

From USA Today comes one of the best lines of the weekend: "Tom Brady came back with his game fully inflated."

Dave

Dave

Get yer fucking baseball out of our NFL thread.

General Specific

General Specific

Wow, Panthers are just finding every possible way to lose games this year. :(

Seriously, after going 15-1 in the regular season last year we are now 1-4, with loses to divisional opponents Atlanta and Tampa Bay already. We need to get our shit together fast or we won't have a hope of making the playoffs this year. It just seems like a long shot anyway right now with problems in all 3 phases of the game.

Maybe next year when our secondary has a little experience we will do better.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

It just seems like a long shot anyway right now with problems in all 3 phases of the game.
4 phases.

Your coach was calling timeouts for Tampa.:facepalm:

General Specific

General Specific

Another week, another loss by a field goal. 1-5 now. Panthers have also lost to all 3 division opponents. I will be very surprised if we make the playoffs.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I just missed one of the best quarters in Texans' football. I got to see the tying touch-down and over time. But I was mister grumpy pants about being 14 points down in the 4th, and fast forwarded through the 4th quarter.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Not completely out of the realm of possibility, though it'd be a departure from the last five teams losing the SB.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I just missed one of the best quarters in Texans' football. I got to see the tying touch-down and over time. But I was mister grumpy pants about being 14 points down in the 4th, and fast forwarded through the 4th quarter.
If you can fast forward, why not rewind?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

If you can fast forward, why not rewind?
It was damn near midnite already. And I know the score, so there is no enjoyment in seeing the prophecy come true.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

It was damn near midnite already. And I know the score, so there is no enjoyment in seeing the prophecy come true.
My stepfather records all the soccer games he wants to watch, and watches most of them after he knows the result.

I never thought it was possible, but he made soccer even more boring.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My stepfather records all the soccer games he wants to watch, and watches most of them after he knows the result.

I never thought it was possible, but he made soccer even more boring.
See, I get mad when the Texans or Cowboys update the score on their Facebook page. Then I have an hour of TV to watch were I know what is going to happen.

Dave

Dave

My wife's uncle recorded the Nebraska cornhuskers national championship games and plays them back every once in a while. They are from the 90's.

jwhouk

jwhouk

That's probably going to be the last time you're going to see something like those in a long while.

Dave

Dave

One can only hope.

blotsfan

blotsfan

One year ago today, we were blessed with this:

Dave

Dave

Yeah, the ball that was not supposed to be snapped but the guy panicked. Good times.

blotsfan

blotsfan

blotsfan

blotsfan

This happened in the Bills game and I'm so pissed that it wasn't an ejection.

Dave

Dave

Anyone watch the 6-6 tie game last night between Arizona and Seattle? 3-0 at the half and 3-3 at the end of regulation, then each team gets a field goal on their possession, so it's sudden death. Next team to score wins it. Arizona drives down to the 5 yard line or so...and misses the field goal. So Seattle gets the ball with not too much time on the clock, drives down to the 5 yard line or so...and misses the field goal.

I don't know if I thought the game was exciting or not. I mean, it was, but damn was it an odd game to watch.

Gared

Gared

That game was both the most boring, and most stressful, game of the season so far for me. I felt so bad for Catanzaro when he doinked it off the upright, and then Hauschka just completely fucked it up - the poor bastard. From the sounds of things after the game, the Seattle defense was more than a little gassed by the end of the game. Apparently Sherman, Avril, and Wright needed help walking just because of how exhausted they were. It's nice to see a team actually leave it all on the field, just wish someone could have hit one of those last two kicks.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I never had hope for this one.

jwhouk

jwhouk

No, don't ask me what's wrong at 1265 Lombardi. I haven't got a clue, either.

Dave

Dave

The Falcons are pretty good.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I stayed up way too late to watch the Cowboys. I watched over two hours of TV during the game (DVR.) And still was able to catch the end of the game live. Just fast forward the ads, and the Eagles are slow this year so I fast forwarded the down time between plays. I swear if I could cut all that out, a football game would be less than 15 minutes.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I swear if I could cut all that out, a football game would be less than 15 minutes.
Aye.

Covar

Covar

So my local Fox station decided to show Terminator 3 rather than Giants Eagles. :mad:

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So my local Fox station decided to show Terminator 3 rather than Giants Eagles. :mad:
Well, everbody's already seen T2 a dozen times, and nobody's ever gonna choose to watch T3 so it seems like a good choice to me.

. . . Oh but wait: You wanted to watch Return of The King. Now I get your anger.

Also, the Ny/Philly game is on at the far end of the bar, so I can't see it either. Not very well, anyway.

Dave

Dave

All you need to know is the Cowboys won again.

Covar

Covar

Well it's still the regular season. ;)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Who knew that all the Cowboys need is more Dak?

And meanwhile, our leading ground gainer against the Colts... was a squirrel.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Met Andre Reed and Steve Tasker.

Dave

Dave

Hey, Big Ben gets to go up against a depleted Dallas D next week. THAT'S going to be an amazing game!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Fuck the Seahawks. Go Bills!

image.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

That's some serious home-field advantage.
Hope the seats come with belts.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Richard Sherman is a dirty piece of shit. He should be suspended

Dave

Dave

Boy I missed something.

Gared

Gared

Richard Sherman is a dirty piece of shit. He should be suspended
At the very least he should be fined - not that fining people has much of an impact. Who's that dumb ass that has a quarter million in fines in the past two years? Burfict?

Dave

Dave

How 'bout them Cowboys?!?

I lost in one of my pay leagues because the other guy had Zeke. I ain't even mad.

Dave

Dave

Hey that was an amazing game. We were at a sports bar watching it and we were all screaming several times in the 4th quarter. After that fake spike I thought it was over. Nope! It's ZEKE TIME!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Tonight's a work night, so it started after I went to bed and finished before I got up. All I wound up seeing was a 4th straight loss :(
That was probably better for you than sitting through that heartache.

General Specific

General Specific

And the Panthers reverted to how they were playing earlier in the season. They played really well in the first half and then stopped trying in the second half. Seeing as we already have losses to all 3 division opponents and we have a short week before playing the Saints on Thursday, I'm pretty much calling it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

In regards to the Packer game on Sunday:

What is this I don't even

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The Texans beat the Raiders last night... too bad they could not handle the refs.

Dave

Dave

Terrible officiating. Houston got completely screwed multiple times.

Dave

Dave

10 in a row, baby! How 'bout them Cowboys?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Just what we need - a Super Bowl matchup that mirrors the Presidential race.

The New England Patriots (who everyone hates outside of New England) vs. the Dallas Cowboys (who has the same hate/love relationship with the rest of the country).

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

As long as it's not the Giants, I don't care who New England faces.

BErt

@Dave you're trash, and your Cowboys are trash, and everything you've ever loved is trash.

Also Happy Holidays and good luck :p

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So, how bad is this trainwreck gonna be for Oakland?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Texans up by 20 with 12 minutes to go, and nearly every single pass by Cook has looked like it could have been intercepted by a Texans DB.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

And yet that interception was just bad luck. And they were within reach of the lead with 4 minutes to go.

So it's more like the train rolling to a stop, rather than wrecking. Would've like to see the Patriots clobber them in Houston's place :aaah:

Tress

Tress

I feel bad for Raiders fans. They've been loyal through some dark years, and this is what they get for the first playoff game in over a decade.

Dei

Dei

I feel bad for Raiders fans. They've been loyal through some dark years, and this is what they get for the first playoff game in over a decade.
At least they aren't Bills fans.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

A team with that good of a season better not bitch.

blotsfan

blotsfan

At least they aren't Bills fans.
Y u do this?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Stat of the day from Saturday:

jwhouk

jwhouk

He does it again.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Dave

Dave

jwhouk

jwhouk

This from the guy who didn't know what I was talking about when I accused him of complaining that Kramer was offside.

Well, I guess you shouldn't feel bad, because I doubt Bart Starr remembers the play much anymore, either.[DOUBLEPOST=1483938277,1483938221][/DOUBLEPOST]The question currently making the rounds up here is, if the Packers go up by a couple of touchdowns early, do they pull Prescott in favor of Romo?

Dave

Dave

The Icebowl. I remember. It's just not worth commenting on. And no, I don't think that'll happen with Dak.

Tress

Tress

I could not think of two more ridiculously arrogant fan bases in football. I take comfort in the near-certainty that neither the Packers or the Cowboys will be winning the Super Bowl this year.

Dave

Dave

I could not think of two more ridiculously arrogant fan bases in football. I take comfort in the near-certainty that neither the Packers or the Cowboys will be winning the Super Bowl this year.
Found the Detroit fan.

Tress

Tress

Found the Detroit fan.
You know where I live. How likely do you think it is that I'm a Detroit fan?

jwhouk

jwhouk

He's just sad coz the Raiduhs lost.

Tress

Tress

He's just sad coz the Raiduhs lost.
No, I'm mad because the 49ers were one of the saddest, most pathetic teams I've ever had the displeasure of rooting for. It was a long, long season. And there is ZERO hope for improvement next year.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

[S]Tress[/S] blotsfan said:
No, I'm mad because the 49ers Bills were one of the saddest, most pathetic teams I've ever had the displeasure of rooting for. It was a long, long season. And there is ZERO hope for improvement next year.
[DOUBLEPOST=1483990388,1483990318][/DOUBLEPOST]Dang, the strikeout doesn't work in the quote tag.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Jerk

Dave

Dave

You know where I live. How likely do you think it is that I'm a Detroit fan?
I'm from Iowa/Nebraska and I'm a Cowboys fan. Location means nothing. Plus I was only joking.

BErt

I'm the Detroit fan, and he's right...at least unless Jordy gets healthy. Dak ain't beating Pittsburgh or New England so unless some ridiculous nonsense like Kansas City gets though the AFC, Dallas and GB ain't winning it.

...However I do predict Dallas wins a SB within 4 years.

Dave

Dave

I'm the Detroit fan, and he's right...at least unless Jordy gets healthy. Dak ain't beating Pittsburgh or New England so unless some ridiculous nonsense like Kansas City gets though the AFC, Dallas and GB ain't winning it.

...However I do predict Dallas wins a SB within 4 years.
I don't worry about the offense, I worry about the defense against those teams.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I am a huge Dallas fan, but I don't think this is their year. If they shore up the Defense some more, then they should win it soon.

Dave

Dave

I actually have Green Bay and New England in the Superbowl. I had to go with my head not my heart.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Niners are the bigger tire fire right now, IMNSHO. And yes, I do think it's sad that they've bottomed out so hard.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The Niners are the bigger tire fire right now, IMNSHO. And yes, I do think it's sad that they've bottomed out so hard.
Is the GM that got Harbaugh fired still there?

jwhouk

jwhouk

I don't think Kaepernick is the answer for the Niners. Then again, the Niners (pre-Montana/Young) never really had good fortune with solid QB's.

Tress

Tress

I don't think Kaepernick is the answer for the Niners. Then again, the Niners (pre-Montana/Young) never really had good fortune with solid QB's.
I 100% agree. I just don't know what the answer is.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I 100% agree. I just don't know what the answer is.
A competent owner would be a good start.

Dave

Dave

A competent owner would be a good start.
They can have Jerry Jones. Please?

Dave

Dave

He said a competent owner. :p
I just want to get rid of that nepotistic fuckwit.

BErt

Nope. He got canned just before Kelly did.
I like that guy :D

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I'm sorry, man. I'm actually a Bills fan, too.

. . . and, oddly, a Patriots fan. I need someone to cheer for in the playoffs!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So, every time the Cowboys score are we gonna get a graphic telling us it's that player's first ever playoff TD?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

@Dave , you okay man? Know you're getting old and the ticker can't take as much... Just picking on you though. I hate prevent defense, and the Cowboys defense played well until they went to the prevent.

Now, who is the Texas team that WON a playoff game this year? My Texans!

General Specific

General Specific

So I went to watch the season finale of Sherlock with my wife when it looked like Green Bay had it on lock and I come back to see that I missed one hell of a game.

Dave

Dave

@Dave , you okay man? Know you're getting old and the ticker can't take as much... Just picking on you though. I hate prevent defense, and the Cowboys defense played well until they went to the prevent.

Now, who is the Texas team that WON a playoff game this year? My Texans!
Yeah, but look at who the Texans played versus who the Cowboys played. No contest, man.

And I'm fine. I'd have liked it had they won, but they started too slow and made too many mistakes early on. They got hot in the second half but you can't give that big of a head start to a team like Green Bay or you're going to have a bad day.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Raiders were 12-4 and lost to the 9-7 Texans. Cowboys had the league best 13-3 and lost to the 10-6 Packers. By the end of the game it came down to changing defensive style for 1 play, instead of continuing the pressure they sat back in a prevent. That one play cost the game for them. Poor coaching decision.

Dave

Dave

Raiders were 12-4 and lost to the 9-7 Texans. Cowboys had the league best 13-3 and lost to the 10-6 Packers. By the end of the game it came down to changing defensive style for 1 play, instead of continuing the pressure they sat back in a prevent. That one play cost the game for them. Poor coaching decision.
Raiders also were missing key personnel, including an elite QB. Justify it all you want, but they ain't in the same league.

drifter

drifter

Fair's fair, Texans were missing an elite qb, too :p

BErt

Fair's fair, Texans were missing an elite qb, too :p
The "hot takes" around here are that Detroit should let Stafford walk. If you place Stafford on Houston, Kansas City, or Miami, they're suddenly immediately contenders. Fans in my town are idiots.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I will not gloat.

I refuse to gloat.

Mason could have missed that kick, gone to OT, and Prescott could have thrown a 75-yard TD pass.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Cowboys had the league best 13-3
Are you suggesting that getting shut out by Buffalo counts as, like, 2 losses?

blotsfan

blotsfan

I don't like you.

Covar

Covar

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I really don't understand what you mean, the Cowboys had the best record in the league with 13 wins and 3 losses. They lost to the Giants twice and Eagles once. They didn't play Buffalo this year.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Patriots went 14-2, one of their losses being a shutout by the Bills.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...That was without Brady, though, right?

Dave

Dave

...That was without Brady, though, right?
They also lost to 10-5-1 Seattle.

It's the NFL, man. There ARE no gimme games. And a team with a dismal record like the Bears can beat good teams like Minnesota and Detroit. Teams like the 4-12 Rams can beat teams like the 10-5-1 Seahawks and the 9-7 Buccaneers.

Tress

Tress

That's where the term "any given Sunday" comes from, I believe.

General Specific

General Specific

We all remember when the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl. People can say whatever they want about either team, but until the game is played, nothing is for certain.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I really don't understand what you mean, the Cowboys had the best record in the league with 13 wins and 3 losses. They lost to the Giants twice and Eagles once. They didn't play Buffalo this year.
What blotsfan said.

I kind of figured that you'd have been reminded that after the Pats shut out your team they'd been shut out the very next week, and that you'd take that as me saying "hey, the Patriots had a better record than Dallas."[DOUBLEPOST=1484674279,1484674164][/DOUBLEPOST]
We all remember when the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl. People can say whatever they want about either team, but until the game is played, nothing is for certain.
Yeah, I'm glad the Giants got knocked out first round, so the Pats won't lose to them a third time.

I was also hoping to say the same thing about Dallas not losing a third time to them, too, but it just didn't matter

Terrik

Terrik

You had one job, Steelers.

Covar

Covar

Patriots have a pretty good chance to win since the Giants got knocked out.

Zappit

Zappit

It's going to be one hell of a Super Bowl. The Falcons and the Patriots are playing really solid football right now.

I just have to give the edge to the Pats. Both offenses are terrific, but the Pats D makes it really friggin' hard to get into the end zone. They've had the stingiest red zone defense all year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp.

Guess I won't have to worry about "Packer Flu" on Super Bowl Sunday.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Welp.

Guess I won't have to worry about "Packer Flu" on Super Bowl Sunday.
It is your duty to eat too much cheese and drink beer because it will be the last football game for 8 months.

jwhouk

jwhouk

No. I will root for the commercials.

Dave

Dave

Puppy Bowl.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Sorry, my cat doesn't allow me to watch that.

BErt

This is egregiously incorrect on Michigan. I guarantee a much larger number of people here have rooted for Tom Brady every time he has made a Super Bowl than have rooted against him for the same reason. I assumed I would see Michigan be the first non-actual NE state on this list. So coming in at 18 is just dead wrong.

General Specific

General Specific

Super Bowl prediction time: I think the Falcons are going to win. This way, every team in the NFC South except for Carolina will have won a Super Bowl, thus further rubbing in our defeat last year (no, I'm still not over that).

Terrik

Terrik

Super Bowl prediction time: I think the Falcons are going to win. This way, every team in the NFC South except for Carolina will have won a Super Bowl, thus further rubbing in our defeat last year (no, I'm still not over that).
I hope so.

I've never trusted the Patriots and I never will. I'll never forgive them for the death of my Steelers.

blotsfan

blotsfan

So, who you guys got today?

My pick:

Patriots 34
Falcons 17

jwhouk

jwhouk

Patriots 31, Falcons 28. Brady leads them down the field with 3 seconds to go, and Gostkowski makes like Vinatieri and nails the FG with no time left to win the game.

Dave

Dave

Falcons 82
Patriots all die in a fire before the game starts.

And the entire world outside Boston rejoices.

BErt

What happens now? Brady just ascends into heaven, yes?

#GoBlue

Covar

Covar

Maybe he'll retire. One can hope.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I have been alive for all but one of the 51 Super Bowls.

And that was... Wow.

Terrik

Terrik

I am angry, but impressed.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I am in the dark, because my wife has decided to binge all of Sense8 today.
...not that I probably would've watched it anyway, of course.

--Patrick

Zappit

Zappit

Holy Moley. I watched it happen, and I still can't believe it.

Goodell's face when he had to present the trophy...amazing. That was the most incredible game I've ever seen.

Dave

Dave

Fuck the Patriots. Fuck Tom Brady. Fuck Bill Belichick.

Zappit

Zappit

Dave is not a Patriots fan.

Or...does the Dave protest too much?

Dave

Dave

I was trying to be so subtle, too.

Zappit

Zappit

I was trying to be so subtle, too.
Nothing gets by me. :D

jwhouk

jwhouk

There has never been...

1. A punt returned for a touchdown in a Super Bowl.
2. A shutout game in the Super Bowl.
3. An overtime game in the Super Bowl.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

A guy on my watch is a die-hard Falcons fan - we can count on him checking off most Sundays during the season.

His fiancee posted a video of him dancing and hollering after the 2nd touchdown, freaking out. The guys got a chuckle out of that.

Haven't heard anything from him since. I'm half-seriously considering calling the PD where he lives for a welfare check.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

As crazy as the game was, I feel the Falcons were robbed. That last two point conversion didn't even look like it crossed the line, and he didn't even touch the in-zone. It never would have gone into overtime, but the refs called it a touchdown.

BErt

As crazy as the game was, I feel the Falcons were robbed. That last two point conversion didn't even look like it crossed the line, and he didn't even touch the in-zone. It never would have gone into overtime, but the refs called it a touchdown.
...as a noted "blame the refs" guy, I cannot see any way to claim that coming from a 28-3 lead.

General Specific

General Specific

The refs did miss an offensive pass interference on the last two point conversion, but with the other penalty it would have been offsetting and a retry at worst.

Dave

Dave

He pretty clearly crossed the goal line.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My co-worker's wife grew up in Boston. He said that she was so upset and crying at the end of the 3rd quarter that they went to bed...

BErt

My co-worker's wife grew up in Boston. He said that she was so upset and crying at the end of the 3rd quarter that they went to bed...

Dave

Dave

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

What happens now? Brady just ascends into heaven, yes?

#GoBlue
I'm looking forward to a repeat next year to tie the Steelers.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The goal line is a solid plane that goes around the world and extends up into the heavens. All that a ball carrier need do is carry the ball through that plane without touching the ground first, and it's a touchdown.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

The goal line is a solid plane that goes around the world and extends up into the heavens. All that a ball carrier need do is carry the ball through that plane without touching the ground first, and it's a touchdown.
It's even less than that. He just needs to be holding it when just the smallest portion of the ball crosses that plane. A player could stand on the 1 yard line and hold out the ball so the tip of it is above the goal line, and that would be a touchdown (or successful 2 point conversion).

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Realistic expectations...

blotsfan

blotsfan

So your goal lately is to piss me off?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Y2K! Y2K!

Sent from my Nextbook on Tapatalk

Tress

Tress

It could always be worse...

blotsfan

blotsfan

You're all bad people and I hope the next time you fly, the person in front of you reclines their seat for the full flight.

Tress

Tress

You're all bad people and I hope the next time you fly, the person in front of you reclines their seat for the full flight.
You monster.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

And I didn't even get into this one...

blotsfan

blotsfan

I was expecting wide right or no goal, so rick astley is a pleasant surprise.

Dei

Dei

Foot in the crease!

I was working the toll booth at the Peace Bridge that night, so I heard about it for several hours.

jwhouk

jwhouk

NHL Thread is thataway. ---->>>

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

So the Las Vegas Raiders will be a thing... in about three years.

If I were running the A's I'd already be on the phone about dismantling Mount Davis. :p

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You would thing the Raiders would sweep up a lot of 49 fans that don't want to travel for home games.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

You would think that, but the thing is it's . . . Oakland . . .

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Tony Romo retired today.

Weird.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Tony Romo retired today.

Weird.
As a Dallas fan living in Houston Texan territory, I am a little sad that he did not come here to play.

Because the Houston fans' brains would melt having to cheer for Romo.

Gared

Gared

Tony Romo retired today.

Weird.
For the sake of his body, I'm really glad to hear it. But I feel bad the guy. It always seemed like he was one season away from having enough of a team around him to really shine, and that season just never came.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

As a Dallas fan living in Houston Texan territory, I am a little sad that he did not come here to play.

Because the Houston fans' brains would melt having to cheer for Romo.
Cowboys/Romo fans would have exploded.

Dave

Dave

Nah. We expected that or Denver.

He'll be back. I think he's pulling a Favre.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Nah. We expected that or Denver.

He'll be back. I think he's pulling a Favre.
You know what my takeaway from this post is?

An interception!

Oh, I think I fumbled the joke.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You know what my takeaway from this post is?

An interception!

Oh, I think I fumbled the joke.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Hey, it's what Favre and Romo have most in common.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Hey, it's what Favre and Romo have most in common.
Favre didn't have an owner who hyped him as the Second Coming or the NFL equal to Lebron. And then failed to provide a team that would even come close to meeting those expectations.

The hype machine is so strong, he was named as Phil Simms' replacement as the #1 color guy at CBS before the Cowboys even released him. What's up with that?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Favre didn't have an owner who hyped him as the Second Coming or the NFL equal to Lebron. And then failed to provide a team that would even come close to meeting those expectations.

The hype machine is so strong, he was named as Phil Simms' replacement as the #1 color guy at CBS before the Cowboys even released him. What's up with that?
Because Phil SUCKED as a sports caster.

I guess the Texans get Romo after all...

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

He's got a nice face.

Or had one, anyway - is he still with Jessica Simpson?

Also, the NFL doesn't even like the NFL's equal to Lebron. They fought for more than a year to suspend him for a month for nothing.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, I did hear that it was a lot of hot air - or something like that.

But when did LeBron start dating a supermodel?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Also, the NFL doesn't even like the NFL's equal to Lebron. They fought for more than a year to suspend him for a month for nothing.
Huh?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I'm saying the NFL has hate-on for their star quarterback, the guy who's going in the record books as the best ever so far, and they try their best to label Brady a cheater, punishing him for possibly knowing about a plot that they never actually proved happen in the first place.

It's funny.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm saying the NFL has hate-on for their star quarterback, the guy who's going in the record books as the best ever so far, and they try their best to label Brady a cheater, punishing him for possibly knowing about a plot that they never actually proved happen in the first place.

It's funny.
But we weren't talking about Brady. We're talking about Romo. He's the one his bosses were publicly comparing to LeBron.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

But we weren't talking about Brady. We're talking about Romo. He's the one his bosses were publicly comparing to LeBron.
Aye.

My Brady comment was meant as an aside. You were talking about the Cowboys talking up Romo as the NFL's Lebron - so I was contrasting that with the NFL's real Lebron.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Steelers patriarch and former US Ambassador to Ireland Dan Rooney has died at the age of 84.

This reddit thread is full of Ravens and Browns fans coming in to pay their respects. Many long time Browns fans have a soft spot for Mr. Rooney because he was one of the votes against the Browns moving to Baltimore.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

BREAKING: Aaron Hernandez has committed suicide in prison.

And that's all I've got to say about that. That and good riddance.

jwhouk

jwhouk

About the only thing I don't like about that is the wake of people whose lives he ruined or ended. I would hope that he was on suicide watch at whatever prison he was in, and hope that his suicide didn't affect the guards that much - though knowing this lowlife, it probably did.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ouch, Buffalo...

Sometimes I think if @GasBandit did sports videos, he'd be this guy.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I wish we could rise to the level of mediocre.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Dude keeps making 'em, I'll keep posting 'em.

TRIGGER WARNING: Super Bowl LI and Pekka Rinne is just too good right now.

Dave

Dave

God damn it, Zeke.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Aww yeah it's this time of year!

Dave

Dave

I'm conflicted about this one, truthfully. On the one hand, domestic violence is bad and I'm glad that the NFL is taking a stand on it. On the other, this girl was super pissed when Zeke broke up with her and witnesses say she threatened to "ruin his career". Meanwhile, police say there's no proof and her story kept changing so they would not press charges.

He might be getting railroaded on this, but I also don't feel I know enough to say whether or not the NFL did the right thing.

And no, this has nothing to do with the infamous "shirt lifting" incident.

Dave

Dave

Oh and something else about this? The guy in charge of the investigation and punishment is John Mara. Co-owner of the New York Giants. Last year their kicker, Josh Brown, was convicted of and admitted to years of physical abuse. He was suspended for only 1 game.

Of course, he being the kicker for the Giants and the Cowboys being in the same division of the Giants have nothing to do with this decision, right?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Oh and something else about this? The guy in charge of the investigation and punishment is John Mara. Co-owner of the New York Giants. Last year their kicker, Josh Brown, was convicted of and admitted to years of physical abuse. He was suspended for only 1 game.

Of course, he being the kicker for the Giants and the Cowboys being in the same division of the Giants have nothing to do with this decision, right?
Aww.

This counters my joke argument that of course the NFL is gonna come down hard on guys, just in case video surfaces afterwards again.

Celt Z

Celt Z

*smdh* Jesus, Mara.

I think they need to make investigations and punishments like this 1) NFL regulated and 2) have an independent stadf with no team ties for it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yeah, right. The only way that'd happen is if Congress got cajones and went after the NFL.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Yeah, right. The only way that'd happen is if Congress got cajones and went after the NFL.
If Trump wants payback for his USFL humiliation, who's to say it won't happen?

jwhouk

jwhouk

The only way that'd happen is if Goddell let slip he voted for Hillary.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The only way that'd happen is if Goddell let slip he voted for Hillary.
You don't remember the little matter of Teh Donald getting blackballed by the NFL, getting the USFL to sue to force a merger, and winding up with a whopping $3 return on investment? You don't think he's still holding that grudge?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The USFL suit is the reason I hate Teh Donald.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Trump can't touch the NFL or his base will turn on him.

Well, maybe not the Southerners, but his fans in Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania would

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Trump can't touch the NFL or his base will turn on him.

Well, maybe not the Southerners, but his fans in Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania would
Nah. They'd turn on the NFL for trying to keep their idol out. :p

jwhouk

jwhouk

In the state of Wisconsin, given the choice of the Packers or Trump, an overwhelming amount of people would choose the Packers.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

In the state of Wisconsin, given the choice of the Packers or Trump, an overwhelming amount of people would choose the Packers.
Never underestimate the idiocy of a Trump voter.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Never underestimate the idiocy of a Trump voter.
...in groups.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Its kinda ironic that this blatant tank is going to lead to the first Bills jersey I've ever bought. I freaking loved EJ Gaines in college.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Covar

Covar

NFL memes summed it up best.

IMG_1779.JPG

BErt

L O FUCKING L

PatrThom

PatrThom

We already knew they were Christians.
Here's where we find out if they are greeeeeeeedy little Christians.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

--Patrick
First NFL football game it will be open for is December 7th vs New Orleans. Other stuff, including soccer and concerts it will be open for before then.

blotsfan

blotsfan

--Patrick
IIRC the owner is genuinely committed to keeping it closed on Sundays, which makes sense or he would've opened them years ago. Also IIRC, the sons are waiting for him to die so they can do so.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

IIRC the owner is genuinely committed to keeping it closed on Sundays, which makes sense or he would've opened them years ago. Also IIRC, the sons are waiting for him to die so they can do so.
S. Truett Cathy passed away in 2014. They kept the closed on Sunday.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Then I guess I didn't RC.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Then I guess I didn't RC.
I think it was more of a baseless speculation that they would change it after he passed. Not sure that anyone that was suggesting it actually talked to anyone associated with the Cathy family.

BErt

I think it was more of a baseless speculation that they would change it after he passed. Not sure that anyone that was suggesting it actually talked to anyone associated with the Cathy family.
To be perfectly honest/fair...it's their choice to open or not on a Sunday. Being completely open/not open doesn't discriminate against anyone. And I know there are Thursday games and Saturday concerts and other events that the restaurant will be open for; I just found it hilarious that a VERY popular restaurant wouldn't be open at a venue on it's most popular day.

...at the same time, - per the article - I applaud the other attached restaurant for capitalizing by having a similar "COS (Closed on Sunday)" chicken sandwich available for football.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Preview time!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

And now for the NFC edition...

BErt

I'm calling it now, The Packers are winning the Super Bowl. Or at least taking back the Old West.
IMG_1435.JPG

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Man, Wyatt Earp is looking good for his age.

That's Aaron? not so good...

Dave

Dave

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm NOT a cowboys fan, but I think the whole suspension is bullshit. There should be an independent, not containing owners at all, committee for suspensions. Having the owner of a direct competition team (owner of the NYG) handing out a punishment is completely wrong.

Dave

Dave

http://deadspin.com/heres-the-nfls-...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Seems the NFL hid a lot and really, really wanted to get Elliott regardless of actual evidence.

In other words, crazy bitch is crazy and the NFL is railroading the fuck out of this guy.

Covar

Covar

And it's not like they couldn't just swing their arm and hit a Cowboy player who had a run in with Johnny Law.

Hey DarkAudit, aren't you going to share the latest UrinatingTree video? :troll:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Hey DarkAudit, aren't you going to share the latest UrinatingTree video? :troll:
You mean this one?

Can't say I disagree... except for the Primanti's bit at the end. :p

Gared

Gared

http://deadspin.com/heres-the-nfls-...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Seems the NFL hid a lot and really, really wanted to get Elliott regardless of actual evidence.

In other words, crazy bitch is crazy and the NFL is railroading the fuck out of this guy.
Did anyone get to the bottom of that talk from Sunday/yesterday that Lucky Whitehead was actually cut because he was involved with Zeke's crazy bitch as well?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Did anyone get to the bottom of that talk from Sunday/yesterday that Lucky Whitehead was actually cut because he was involved with Zeke's crazy bitch as well?
According to the NFL Thompson sent text messages to Elliot showing a photo of a hotel room reservations in Thompson and Whitehead's names.

Lucky was cut because the police in his hometown had a warrant out for his arrest. It was a mistake by the cops. But I think the Cowboys had enough of his shit at that point. So screwing your teammate's ex is likely the reason he did not get back on the team, after the police apologized.

Dave

Dave

Fuck the Patriots! That game last night was amazing!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Meh. We just spotted the league one game. We'll still finish the season in first.

Tress

Tress

EDIT: Looks like I took a joke too seriously. My bad.

blotsfan

blotsfan

In fairness, if he was just talking about the AFC East they'd have to start 0-6 before I'd start thinking another team has a chance to win it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I wonder how fast the Patriot faithful would turn on Brady if he really "lost a step."

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

...and that attitude is why people hate the Patriots fanbase.
So why didn't you rate my post with a laugh, since I was mocking that attitude.

If I had been serious, I'd have done as @blotsfan suggests (and I chose not to because I've razzed him far too much about the poor Bills)[DOUBLEPOST=1504895236,1504894923][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder how fast the Patriot faithful would turn on Brady if he really "lost a step."
I don't know. We managed to suffer through 9 whole years without winning a Superbowl. We should be able to put up with the last 2 years of his career.

Covar

Covar

IMG_1780.JPG

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'd love to see the Boston media write a story trashing him on the way out.

They won't really though. He's up there with Bird, Ortiz and Orr in Boston sports.

Gared

Gared

Ok, I pretty much only paid attention to drama this offseason, what the hell is this shit I'm watching on Fox right now? Are the Lions and Cardinals afraid of big numbers?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ok, I pretty much only paid attention to drama this offseason, what the hell is this shit I'm watching on Fox right now? Are the Lions and Cardinals afraid of big numbers?
It's just that they're both so good at defense.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Meanwhile the Seahawks and Packers are playing like both sides want to lose the game...

A pick-6 called back for Unsportsmanlike Conduct? It's looking like it's going to be that kind of year for the Packers.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Bills are in SOLE possession of first place in the AFC East.

Gared

Gared

Meanwhile the Seahawks and Packers are playing like both sides want to lose the game...

A pick-6 called back for Unsportsmanlike Conduct? It's looking like it's going to be that kind of year for the Packers.
How about a pick-6 called back for a block in the back, along with an ejection for "throwing a punch" that no one saw? Refs can't help but be shitty in these games. Wish they'd just let the teams play.

Covar

Covar

I love football, but the rules really need an overhaul.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Refs should pay the fines of flagrant fouls that they don't call.

Dave

Dave

*ahem*

GO COWBOYS!

Tress

Tress

Dear god, the 49ers looked like total shit. It's going to be a looooooong year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Packers looked horrible, and yet we still beat the Seahawks.

I really don't know what to think after that.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I love football, but the rules really need an overhaul.
1) Only touching the ball with the foot
2) Let's use an actual ball instead of some weird elliptoid
3) Let's get rid of the body armor
4) Let's have two halves of 45 minutes each, with maybe some extra time if the play's stopped for a duration.
5) Why not put the goal on the ground, and put a net behind it, so the ball doesn't go flying off into nowhere
6) Maybe have a dedicated person to keep the ball out of the goal? Like, a goal...keeper?
7) ...

15,843) Hurray! We can now all enjoy a proper game of Badminton! Wait, what? I took a wrong turn somewhere.

Covar

Covar

Number 4 is pointless. There's such a thing call a stopwatch. It's this crazy device that lets you count how much time elapses and you can pause and resume it if there's a stoppage in play. :p

I think you got distracted by the shuttlecock.

blotsfan

blotsfan

15,843) Hurray! We can now all enjoy a proper game of Badminton! Wait, what? I took a wrong turn somewhere
Meh. Still better than soccer.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

4) Let's have two halves of 45 minutes each, with maybe some extra time if the play's stopped for a duration.
5) Why not put the goal on the ground, and put a net behind it, so the ball doesn't go flying off into nowhere
6) Maybe have a dedicated person to keep the ball out of the goal? Like, a goal...keeper?
7) ...

15,843) Hurray! We can now all enjoy a proper game of Badminton! Wait, what? I took a wrong turn somewhere.
The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes. Everything else is pure theory.

Bubble181

Bubble181

The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes. Everything else is pure theory.
You're German, aren't you?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You're German, aren't you?
Depends on which run through we're on right now. [emoji41]

Gared

Gared

The Packers looked horrible, and yet we still beat the Seahawks.

I really don't know what to think after that.
The Hawks looked like trash, and honestly, even without the officiating issues, I don't see them winning that game yesterday. The O-line isn't so much a line as it is a sieve, Wilson was sacked three times - three fucking times - and the best pic of the day may be this one:
Offensive line.png
How in the hell does that even happen in the pros? Carroll keeps harping on wanting to get back to being a run-first offense, which was great when we had Marshawn Lynch in his prime, but much less great when you have Thomas Rawls post-multiple-fractures. And even if they did want to get back to running the ball more, that only works if you can push the defense off the line. Which one of those four fools do you see pushing defensive players off the line? If you really want to get back to being a run-first offense, you don't trade your best center to NO for a tight end who has so far been fairly ineffectual in a run game and sat out most of his first year so he wasn't useful in the passing game either. For crying out loud, Graham was targeted 7 times yesterday, had 3 receptions, and a total of 6 yards. Six. I feel like Roger Dorn from Major League 3, "$18 million over three seasons and he doesn't even wave the bat at the ball?!" We had no run game, no passing game to speak of, no pass blocking, no run blocking.

Our defense looked good, for the most part, in spite of the fact that we were playing a second string corner against Aaron Rogers most of the game after Lane was ejected for not throwing a punch at someone (the third player this year to be ejected for "throwing a punch," including week 3 preseason). Of course, they were on the field for far too damn long, but that's been par for the course for the last eight years. Walsh looked good - I'm really hoping the Vikings' former punter being unable to get the laces out was Walsh's big problem last year.

Ultimately, it's the first game of the season. Sample size is too small to extrapolate meaningful data.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Funny, it looked like the Packer O-line was a sieve that first half. And TWO INT's for AR12?

Shakey

Shakey

Poor AP. Yell at the coach some more. I'm sure your horrible performance was all his fault.

General Specific

General Specific

7) ...

1) Kick a ball around a field for 85 out of 90 minutes.
2) The other 5 minutes, get close to scoring, but ultimately kick it out of bounds
3) Have majority of games end in a tie or 1-0
4) Pretend game is "Beautiful" instead of boring

;)

BErt

Dear god, the 49ers looked like total shit. It's going to be a looooooong year.
If only your team had a QB...who could throw for 16 TD to 4 INT last year in a shitty offensive system before being pulled...and had previously led a team to a Super Bowl berth. But where the fuck would you find one of those?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

ESPN can suck it...

Covar

Covar

What the hell is happening over in Bristol where they decide to put a Spanish Soccer commentator on the sidelines for MNF?

Were they too caught up with which set of PTI clone hosts should pull double duty on sports center?

blotsfan

blotsfan

The annual second MNF game is always a bit of an odd collection of people since it's literally the only time ESPN needs a second football NFL team.

That being said, I thought he was a football guy, he just normally works for ESPN deportes.

Covar

Covar

I might have just misunderstood when I heard he calls football games and that English was his second language.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I might have just misunderstood when I heard he calls football games and that English was his second language.
Oh good, I thought the poor boy was developmentally challenged.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

7) ...

7,667)get rid of the men, promote the cheerleaders.

Well, I'd rather watch badminton instead of soccer anyway. So good job!

also, added one idea.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

By the way, @Halforums, have I ever pitched my idea for a lingerie curling league?

PatrThom

PatrThom

By the way, @Halforums, have I ever pitched my idea for a lingerie curling league?
Wouldn't that be something, if tagging @halforums showed up in everyone's Alerts like some kind of distribution list?

--Patrick

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Good luck getting a bikini model to sweep the floor.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Good luck getting a bikini model to sweep the floor.
Nonsense. My plan involves recruiting the best curlers in the world simply by offering decent prize money.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Nonsense. My plan involves recruiting the best curlers in the world simply by offering decent prize money.
But I don't want to see the best curlers in their smallclothes.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

But I don't want to see the best curlers in their smallclothes.
You've clearly never watched women's curling.[DOUBLEPOST=1505331342,1505331269][/DOUBLEPOST]Back me up on this @Bubble181

Dave

Dave

These people have never watched curling.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Now there's some Russians I'd collude with!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Now there's some Russians I'd collude with!
And you could
...if you have the stones for it.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Nnnhhhhhh.... I'm going to have to take a hard pass on this one, Gruey. It's like owning "The Men of I.T." calendar.

PatrThom

PatrThom

From L to R.
@figmentPez, Dunno (@Adam with hair?), @Tinwhistler, @ThatNickGuy, and @BErt.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

From L to R.
Dunno, Dunno, @Tinwhistler, @ThatNickGuy, and @BErt.

--Patrick
I'd say Pez on the far left.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'd say Pez on the far left.
You know him better'n I.
Edited. :)

--Patrick

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Nnnhhhhhh.... I'm going to have to take a hard pass on this one, Gruey. It's like owning "The Men of I.T." calendar.
Aye. You're right. The men's league will take some development before it can be properly launched. But. I assure you, I am no sexist misogynist sports promoter, and there will indeed be an opportunity for you to ogle pretty, buff men in tight clothes. Even if that means I have to teach Calvin Klein's underwear models how to - er, sweep the floor

Okay @sixpackshaker, you win.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Aye. You're right. The men's league will take some development before it can be properly launched. But. I assure you, I am no sexist misogynist sports promoter, and there will indeed be an opportunity for you to ogle pretty, buff men in tight clothes. Even if that means I have to teach Calvin Klein's underwear models how to - er, sweep the floor

Okay @sixpackshaker, you win.
Women's sports in general has changed beauty standards in the last 30 years. I guess it has for the men's sports too.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

From L to R.

--Patrick
For future reference, please don't tag me in the sports subforum. I never visit it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well that was unexpected.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I thought he did a good job with picking out the resemblances

drifter

drifter

Vikings hire "Gen Z" teen consultant

fellowkids.png

blotsfan

blotsfan

If we're talking about @Adam and curling, how did you guys forget about this dude.

Celt Z

Celt Z

That's because that *IS* Adam.

...isn't it?

Adam

Adam

IMG_6943.JPG

Is it the beard?

Adam

Adam

That's because that *IS* Adam.

...isn't it?
Youyesyou.gif

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Hey, @Adam. So, I'm like, starting up a new league. Do you, er, wanna join?

Celt Z

Celt Z

Pssst...tell him about the uniforms. :unibrow:

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

There's really nothing to tell about.

Adam

Adam

Hey, @Adam. So, I'm like, starting up a new league. Do you, er, wanna join?
oooooh.jpg

BErt

From L to R.

--Patrick
Dang Patrick, we met irl that's what you think I look like?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dang Patrick, we met irl that's what you think I look like?
No, but you were the person I felt most resembled that guy on the end (except for having no hat, that is).

--Patrick

BErt

I probably shouldn't be surprised that the team that would give Marvin Lewis 14+ years as head coach would continue to run their team into the ground with Andy Dalton.

BErt

Thanks @Gruebeard but I don't need a hug there, I'm a Lion's fan (ok maybe I need a hug for THAT).

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Thanks @Gruebeard but I don't need a hug there, I'm a Lion's fan (ok maybe I need a hug for THAT).
You need your head slapped for that.

BErt

That's fair.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You need your head slapped for that.
He's used to it. He just said so.

--Patrick

Covar

Covar

IMG_1967.JPG

Dave

Dave

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

dammit cowboys... :(

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

There was a moment during yesterday's Pats/Saints game - just after the Pats' third touchdown with the Saints looking to steamroll their way down the field for yet another score of their own - where I thought "huh, this must be what it's like to be. Lions fan."

I mean, a high scoring offense and a less than useless defense.

But the moment passed, and I got to feel what a Pats fan feels: "yup, we've got the win, with 3 quarters left to rub it in."

:p

:rolleyes:

:facepalm:

:pud:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

"STUDENTS WHO STAY THE WHOLE GAME WILL RECEIVE A BEVERAGE"

"If only that beverage were bleach..."

blotsfan

blotsfan

Da fuuuuuuuuck?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Da fuuuuuuuuck?
Sorry, but this week you will have to be more specific as to which Da fuuuuuuuuuck you are talking about.

Texans?
Giants/Eagles?
Buffalo?

Or even one that isn't listed or happened as of the time of this post.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I guess I haven't done a good enough job establishing myself as a Bills fan. I guess this makes us even for me not knowing you like the NBA.

BErt

...I'll run 10 seconds off your FACE, you zebra bastards!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I guess I haven't done a good enough job establishing myself as a Bills fan. I guess this makes us even for me not knowing you like the NBA.
I included the Bills because I knew you are a fan. I'm unsure about the NBA reference though.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I included the Bills because I knew you are a fan. I'm unsure about the NBA reference though.
I mixed you up with @drifter. Never mind me.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

No prob. There were several WTH games this week though.

drifter

drifter

Well, we're practically twins, easy mistake.

Dave

Dave

Me: The Cowboys are going to come out fired up after the drubbing they got last week in Denver.

*watches the first quarter*

Me: Hoo boy. Here we go again.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Shu' up. If your little Dezzy had something resembling a night, I'd have whupped you in the HOPFL.

Dave

Dave

Yeah, but he didn't. And I won. And the Cowboys did as well...somehow.

So it was a good day.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Da fuuuuuuuuck?
That unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Miller was hilarious.

"Here, let me help you up - psyche! Have the game instead."

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I really can't believe that was flagged. There are so many injury related calls that don't get made, but you call it for a prank?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I really can't believe that was flagged. There are so many injury related calls that don't get made, but you call it for a prank?
It blew my mind, too.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Everyone at the stadium was looking downfield when it happened so we all assumed he hit Tyrod after the play.

Dave

Dave

And they were both laughing about it. The only one who didn't think it was funny was the ref.

"15 yards for having fun!"

Covar

Covar

Are you HAVING FUN? There's no HAVING FUN in football!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

And they were both laughing about it. The only one who didn't think it was funny was the ref.

"15 yards for having fun!"

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Your week 3 wrapup...

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So, after week 4, Buffalo is alone in first place. And they're beating strong teams.

This is weird.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I just mean, it seems long ago since the AFC East hasn't been led by the Patriots after week 4.

And the Bills are looking decent, with wins over Denver and Atlanta! Nice.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah but it doesn't make sense to me.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Yeah but it doesn't make sense to me.
Well, I think if the Patriots had the Bills defence, they'd be undefeated. They're playing strong.

Dave

Dave

Iowa lost. Nebraska won. Cowboys lost. It was a sad weekend for football.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well, I think if the Patriots had the Bills defence, they'd be undefeated. They're playing strong.
Yeah I think our defense is legit and games are gonna come down to if our offense can get it together. It'd be nice if we didn't gut our skill positions but what can you do?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Iowa lost. Nebraska won. Cowboys lost. It was a sad weekend for football.
WTF did the Cowboys do?

I live too close to Houston, so the Cowboys were blacked out.

Dave

Dave

They absolutely ruled the first half and then came out the second and did...nothing. Gurley ran all over them in the second half.

They were up 24-13 at the half and lost 35-30. You could really tell Sean Lee was out of the game.

Gared

Gared

Well, Seahawks got a nice win tonight... let's see what the butcher's bill will be.

Gared

Gared

Well, Seahawks got a nice win tonight... let's see what the butcher's bill will be.
And the butcher's bill is at least partially in - Jeremy Lane, Groin; Rees Odhiambo, broken sternum; Chris Carson, significant ankle injury, feeling around the league seems to be broken tib & fib (all those people were wrong, amazingly enough) high ankle sprain; Cliff Avril, neck.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Fuck you, Spanos! Week 4

Null

Null

I won't finish with a winning record this season so it's all basically "what the fuck ever, bro" from here.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Generally I'm fine with the Cowboys losing, but I was kinda sad they couldn't pull off that last play. It was entertaining as hell.

Dave

Dave

Fuck Aaron Rodgers. Except in my fantasy league. But other than that fuck Aaron Rodgers.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Fuck Aaron Rodgers. Except in my fantasy league. But other than that fuck Aaron Rodgers.
No, no, no. He did good. Dallas should have run the ball more to take more time off the clock. Poor time management.

GO TEXANS!

(plus, I have Rodgers in my other league)

jwhouk

jwhouk

"Siri, who owns AT&T Stadium?"

BLOO-BEEP

"Aaron Rodgers."

drifter

drifter

The Dolphins line coach takes his job title really seriously.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Null

Null

The Dolphins line coach takes his job title really seriously.
Someone has to make sure the players do their lines properly.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Week 5 wrapup...

Terrik

Terrik

I'm ready to not see big Ben embarass himself this week.

Null

Null

Then don't watch his sex tape HEYO

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp, that was a good run while it lasted.

Nice playing with you all, see you next fall.

(promptly starts heading down the stairs into the basement)

Dave

Dave

No worries on that front.

And I had Aaron Rodgers as my QB in 3 pay leagues. I'm not doing well this week.

Gared

Gared

Looks like the CFB chaos is leaking.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Week 6 recap...

Dave

Dave

I do love those recaps.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I wasn't expecting the Denver shutout.

General Specific

General Specific

Which Cam Newton will show up to play? Well, today it was Bad Cam. Here's hoping Good Cam will show back up next week vs the Bucs.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Why (BANG) did I (BANG) not choose (BANG) to start (BANG) Derek (BANG) Carr (BANG) instead (BANG) of (BANG) NEWTON??? (BANG)

Tress

Tress

Why (BANG) did I (BANG) not choose (BANG) to start (BANG) Derek (BANG) Carr (BANG) instead (BANG) of (BANG) NEWTON??? (BANG)
Same here, only replace Derek Carr with Alex Smith.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Man. Butler almost got his second greatest interception there against Atlanta. I was really hoping for a shutout.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Hold my beer....

I had both Alex Smith and Amari Cooper on the bench. In the league HERE.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

A bit late, but here we go...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You went full Lions. You never go full Lions.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Tomorrow marks the halfway point of the season for the AFC East. And if all goes as it should, Buffalo will be in first place!

I hope I didn't just jinx that. :oops:

Null

Null

Maybe the Bills will get to choke in the Superbowl again!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Tomorrow marks the halfway point of the season for the AFC East. And if all goes as it should, Buffalo will be in first place!

I hope I didn't just jinx that. :oops:
Go fuck yourself.

Maybe the Bills will get to choke in the Superbowl again!
So we'd make the playoffs? I'll take it.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Go fuck yourself.
I'm actually, sincerely cheering for the Bills here. I'm looking forward to seeing them make the playoffs again, and I'm rather hoping at this point that, when they do, they manage to avoid playing the Pats until the AFC championship game. I want to see both my teams go far.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Life sucks always

Dave

Dave

J-E-T-S! BILLS! YOU! SUCK!

Just kidding. It's the NFL. There ARE no gimme games. And since I started the Bills DEF in a few of my fantasy football leagues, I am not pleased, either.

blotsfan

blotsfan

IMG_0452.PNG

PatrThom

PatrThom

Inch by inch, step by step.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I believe that the Texans lost what was left of the season today. Watson out for the year with a torn ACL. So that's Watson and Watt out...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Your weekly FUCK YOU, SPANOS!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Derp, derp, derp derp de-derp...

blotsfan

blotsfan

I fucking hate this franchise.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I fucking hate this franchise.
I think at the next meeting about rule changes, they ought to push to remove the QB position from the game.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Derp, derp, derp derp de-derp...
This season is so, so painful.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You think you have it bad, look at the Cowboys. They were a good team coming into the year.

Celt Z

Celt Z

You think you have it bad, look at the Cowboys. They were a good team coming into the year.
You know, a month ago, it was, "Oh, hey, look at our baseball team! We made it so much further than we thought we were going to! Too bad it wasn't all the way to the Series. Oh well, time to focus on football!

You know what? I'm going to turn the tv off until Spring Training."

jwhouk

jwhouk

You want pain? YOU CAN'T HANDLE PAIN!!!!

...at least we beat the Bears...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Week 10. This is more fun than watching the games themselves.

Gared

Gared

So after all of the pundits and everyone else bitching out the Seahawks for not leaving Russell Wilson in the concussion test long enough to really test him for concussion, and how they needed to up the fine from $150k because that's chump change for an owner like Paul Allen... it turns out he didn't hit his head, or suffer a concussion. Nope, Russell Wilson had to have his jaw realigned on the sideline after that hit.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I'm loving it!

Dave

Dave

Big Ben just did an audible by yelling, "DILLY DILLY!"

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I personally find the "Butter! Butter!" to be better than the "Dilly! Dilly!", of course together it's just epic in proportion.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So, like, what's the record for most interceptions by a QB in a single game? Quarter?

blotsfan

blotsfan

The fourth one came in the 2nd quarter, thank you very much.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

The fourth one came in the 2nd quarter, thank you very much.
Aye. But I'm thinking 3 is likely horrific enough for a record.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Aye. But I'm thinking 3 is likely horrific enough for a record.
Thats not super uncommon. Cutler did it today.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Hey, we won a game today! That makes...2. 2 wins.

*sigh*

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Hey, we won a game today! That makes...2. 2 wins.

*sigh*
Hey! The Giants beat a team that smoked New England. That's something.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's that time again, boys and girls!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Best play today, instead of punting on 4th and 9 in their own end, the Patriots run it.
Worst play - snapping the ball while Brady's not even looking.

Would've been a lot more fun to watch if the game was ever actually in doubt.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm not from Baltimore, yet I still get angry for them whenever I see a Mayflower truck...

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I'm not from Baltimore, yet I still get angry for them whenever I see a Mayflower truck...
I don't know why. The Ravens are a far better team.

Poor Cleveland.

PatrThom

PatrThom

lions.png

Ouch.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

McAdoo McA-done.

BErt

44988D6F-2E4F-40D0-865F-796DC1F50BE9.jpeg

Celt Z

Celt Z

If the kids take after Mr. Martinez, I don't think college will ever be considered.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Such a facepalm.

—Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm cold.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I'm cold.
I'm watching from a bar, and I'm cold!

1st & goal at the north pole! And Touchdown.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I'm cold.
And you have to hang out for overtime!

blotsfan

blotsfan

That was an amazing game. I'm gonna guess there were about 25k people in the stadium when it ended.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Pennsylvania is alone at the top of the standings. Crazy.

Terrik

Terrik

I feel a lot better about the Steelers/Pats matchup this week after that performance with the Dolphins.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Pittsburgh's been pissing me off the last couple weeks.

They've been trailing late in the game, as I'm headed to bed, and I wake up to find they've won.

Oh well, their comeback against Baltimore keeps Buffalo's slight wildcard chance alive. That's something.

jwhouk

jwhouk

And now the question is, can AR12 come back and save the Packers' season?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

And now the question is, can AR12 come back and save the Packers' season?
I was gonna say I think Buffalo has a better chance of making the playoffs, then I went and verified where the Packers are. I see that Buffalo's actually got the tiebreakers right now, and they're actually in. Sweet!

So, good luck. I hope y'all knock out the Falcons. That'd be hilarious!

Dave

Dave

You guys should check out this tool on ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

You guys should check out this tool on ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Interesting.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Terrik

Terrik

Nothing I say can express my rage.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Nothing I say can express my rage.
You picked Pittsburgh, eh?

Terrik

Terrik

You picked Pittsburgh, eh?
I'm having a hard time understanding that incomplete pass call.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Welp.

Null

Null

I'm having a hard time understanding that incomplete pass call.
That was absolute bullshit. More Patriots dirty pool.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Right call, bad rule.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Right call, bad rule.
This is the shitty part of video replay : it opens up so much nitpicking.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Lots of overofficious jerks this week...

BErt

Be on the lookout for history to be made this weekend

Gared

Gared

Can you imagine how many trash cans Jags fans would ship to Clowney if he pulled THAT off?!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Oh My... over 9.6 MILES.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Some say he's still running.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Dave

Dave

Shit happens. They had everything fall their way with Detroit & Atlanta losing, they just couldn't get the job done. C'est la vie, non?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Not even close.[DOUBLEPOST=1514227514,1514227442][/DOUBLEPOST]But I mean, SF is now on a 4 game winning streak. That feels historic.

BErt

Jimmy Garappolo apparently has not nor ever will lose a game that he starts.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

@#$%^&!!!!