Minor victory thread

I've been dating sporadically over the last little bit and tonight I went out with a lady who was born and raised in Hong Kong. That accent is something else. It's not one you get exposed to in media much and it is literally one of the most pleasant accents a human can speak English with. She was nice too and we got along well. We'll see if it happens again.

Tonight I bought the biggest TV I've ever owned!

Ok, it's only 55 inches, but it fits my new living room just right.
Two months later, in the whine thread...

mantlebrokeset.jpg

EDIT: It'd be a shame if it came true, too, considering his new job.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Not really a "minor" victory, just an actual victory (but not an epic win either) - Yesterday I traded in my 2007 Ford Focus (194k miles) for a 2016 Subaru Impreza (55k miles)... Even better gas mileage with the Impreza and, most importantly, I'm not going to have to worry anymore about it breaking down (again) on my 3x a week trips to the office in SW Nashville...

Stack of medical mail arrived today... not one bill. :cool:
Hate to burst your mood, we've noticed that it's usually around a month before the fast processing gets bills to you. We had a bill show up 360 days after the visit last year (the bill arrived this year) that my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer.

so when ive been driving to work in the morning i felt like i had no headlights even though they were running, turns out they were the original lamps from when i bought my car new in 2002. somehow ive just never changed them. should be interesting when i leave for work tomorrow having switched them out for a set of sylvania silverstar ultras. the original lamps were Wagners which ive never heard of.

I wonder if it gets better the more north you go. One of the best cups of regular coffee I've ever had (easily top 5) was a McDonald's in Vermont, of all places.

Hey, does Canada still have the chain... shoot, I can't remember if it was "World Coffee" or "Monde Coffee" or something like that? I had some in Ottawa and it was delicious. They used to have a location in NYC for a few years. I'd Google it, but I can't remember the correct name.

Downside: you have to drink McDonald's coffee.
(Which can be delicious or terrible depending on the location.)
It can also be hard on the groin.
...unless that's what you meant by "depending on the location."

--Patrick

Last edited:
I wonder if it gets better the more north you go. One of the best cups of regular coffee I've ever had (easily top 5) was a McDonald's in Vermont, of all places.

Hey, does Canada still have the chain... shoot, I can't remember if it was "World Coffee" or "Monde Coffee" or something like that? I had some in Ottawa and it was delicious. They used to have a location in NYC for a few years. I'd Google it, but I can't remember the correct name.
Planet Coffee Ottawa?

Been interviewing for jobs. Looks like I may have some offers on the table soon.

One job interview went well (with the CTO) and they sent me an "assessment"..half personality test (untimed) and half IQ test (timed).
The IQ test said, basically, "You have 15 minutes to complete 50 questions. You will not finish them all, so do not get stuck on any one question. Do your best."

I finished them all.

Dave

Staff member
Bad: The headliner for my show tonight bowed out and I had to scramble to get the time filled. So in the end I lose money on the event.
Good: The people that I got are supposed to be great so the worry that the show will suck is gone.
Bad: The NEW closer I hired was a no-show so I had to do 1/2 hour totally unprepared.
Good: It went...okay. I followed someone really good and paled in comparison.
Bad: I followed someone really good and paled in comparison.
Good: The venue was very pleased and gave me a $100 tip. So I ended up making $100 on the event.

All in all it went really well, I met a couple of new comics I've never worked with, and I learned that I should never do the last 30 minutes of a two hour show.

Having claimed my coffee, I have since won a medium fries, cheeseburger and a small drink at McDonald's. I may need to increase my security measures.