Minor victory thread

I put in my 40 hours by thursday and they told me I was done for the week! Surprise friday off! What the heck do I do with myself??
Quick! Someone find a minor but difficult to replicate bug in the forum. I'd do it myself but the only one I know of looks to be a browser issue & I'm using a nonstandard browser (Vivaldi) so I suspect Gas's solution would be "Fuck off & use a proper browser."

We had people over to the house this weekend, and I didn't get overly anxious about it all. Instead of dwelling on the dread of the social side of stuff, I got into making sure we had tons of food, snacks, and drinks. We now have a full fridge and enough beer and la croix for a second get-together. I even made it a point to speak to everyone who came over.

GasBandit

Staff member
Things seem to be going pretty well for me right now.

I'm waiting for the anvil to drop out of the sky and correct things back to the tragedy I expect them to be.

Decided to sample the Spicy McChicken sandwich for the first time in a long while. Mostly avoided getting them because I prefer the non-spicy ones you get back in the Midwest. Wasn't as bad as I thought, so that's a plus.

They only put lightly spicy seasoning in the breading. It's really more on the mild side of the scale. I also order it plain, so there's no sauces that could potentially increase the spiciness of the sandwich.

fade

Staff member
This is kind of weird. After going through being laid off and getting a new job, I had forgotten some of the places I applied (this was back in December). So... apparently I got an interview for a faculty position at a quasi-ivy league school. I went for that gauntlet today and it went really well. I would really like to accept the job, except even at a prestigious school, faculty pay is dismal, and I don't think I can afford the downgrade in salary. Still, it was good to be asked.

Had a microsecond brownout here that knocked out cable & the AC. Was worried that the AC had gone out. Minor victory because it didn't.