Minor victory thread

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
2,031 937 21
My wife and I are going to be buying a sleep number bed with my bonus check in two weeks. I was looking at prices & stuff and my wife was like, "You know we're not going to be able to afford that, right? You have to buy their BASE as well as the bed itself." Huh? I looked into it and sure enough, bases are almost $1000. So I did some MORE searching...

We have a pretty big bed right now with a box spring and very sturdy raised base. All I have to do is buy a piece of plywood and we're good to go. Fuck you're $1000 base. I want to buy a bed give me the whole fucking price. I'm already shelling out (probably) two grand - the base should come as part of the bed.

Reactions
692 290 12
My wife and I are going to be buying a sleep number bed with my bonus check in two weeks. I was looking at prices & stuff and my wife was like, "You know we're not going to be able to afford that, right? You have to buy their BASE as well as the bed itself." Huh? I looked into it and sure enough, bases are almost $1000. So I did some MORE searching...

We have a pretty big bed right now with a box spring and very sturdy raised base. All I have to do is buy a piece of plywood and we're good to go. Fuck you're $1000 base. I want to buy a bed give me the whole fucking price. I'm already shelling out (probably) two grand - the base should come as part of the bed.
That's like saying a monitor should come with a stand! Sheesh, how entitled can you be?! :p

Reactions
916 292 6
Got it right the first time. After yet another weekend of getting my ass chewed by a guest because someone else missed posting their scheduled weekly payment (an authorization still ran, but that's another rant), I decide fuck it. If it's gonna get done RIGHT, I may as well be the guy to do it instead of leaving it for the day and/or evening shifts. No more being loath to do it just because it happens to be in the middle of the night. Post it, note it, and print a folio. Get everyone's asses covered as well as mine.

So a couple rooms had their week missed? I just posted the week as scheduled and waited for management to come in to advise. I got it right. :)

So now we've got a system in place to avoid the "I got too busy" excuse. But that's another another rant. :p