Krisken's art stuff, previously all 40k miniatures

Looks great, I like the base you made for him. How stable is he? It'd be a shame to have him fall and chip of somebody bumps the table.

Not as stable as I'd like. I'm thinking of improving the base by dipping it into a resin mold to increase the weight and flatness of the bottom. That is the plan, anyways.

I'd hate to see him topple over and have his arm pop off again!

An easy way to make models more stable on their bases is just to tape or glue a nickel to the bottom of it. Five cents and it ends up a lot more balanced.

That's assuming, of course, that the bottom of the bases is still hollow, with a nicely nickel-sized open space.

I would do that Vrii, but my bases are magnets with resin surrounding them. That harlequin base is one of the older bases I made, so it's not as big as the other bases. I believe that if I just fill it a bit it will be more stable.

I know I have posted images of most of these already, but I thought it would be fun to have an image of all of my Daemons to give an idea of the scope of painted miniatures.

Neat, eh?

@ Dave- Well, it is my hobby :D Honestly, I've been painting these guys for 8 years or so.

@ Baer- Yeah it is. I can't wait to pull them all out at the end of the month for the Apocalypse game! Over 200 models resulting in over 6,000 points.

Cajungal

Staff member
Ok, second Harlequin is finished.

I'm going to limit my posts to a couple pictures so we don't run into the problems of the first two pages... takes WAY too long to load!
:shocked:

I'm still amazed at the details you achieve on something that's so tiny. The coat looks GREAT!

@Cajungal: Thanks!!! I was really pleased with how the cloak turned out (especially since I was unsure about the pattern). It was crazy trying to make those lines straight! It's actually a little frustrating to take pictures of the work and see mistakes I've made that I didn't see when I painted it.

@Iaculus: I consider it a spin off of the Iyanden craftworld, instead of using pure blue/yellow colors, the army is a golden yellow and hawk turquoise color. I also use green for other bits and highlights. I focus heavily on Wraithguard and Wraithlord units and use Spiritseers.

Ok, the Soul Grinder with the wings if finally done.

I need to get me a blood angel to put in his claw to crush, I think. :D

Ok, I now have pictures of the Soul Grinder on a base I made.

And some Nurglings I made recently. The bases I used the bottoms of paper dixie cups to make.

So, I mentioned I was working on a Plague Tower. It started like this-

and now is primed black all over and looks like-

This is definitely a work in progress project, but so far I'm very pleased with how it's turning out. Tonight I begin the base coloring of metal. If I'm really lucky, I'll get to start adding the rust and plague style stuff too!

Wish me luck!

I think I'm going to do a picture of each major area as it gets done. It might be nice to see the progression of the model to see how I got the the final product. Go rust!

Thanks Roxxor :D I appreciate that (a lot!).

Ok, here is an idea on just how big the model is. On the bottom is a plaguebearer, one of my standard troop choices. He is standing on a 25mm base.

Ok, newest image of the plague tower of nurgle.

I know it's a little blurry, but here is a close up image of the plague tanks.

See ya soon :)

Is it actually oxidized copper or did you paint it to look oxidized?

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Either way, how did you get that look?

It's just painted to look like oxidized copper. The way I got the look was by first painting the entire tank jade green
and then painting areas with a mix of chocolate brown and terracota brown. After that I highlighted the brown area with a metallic copper. Finally, I took jade green and some white and mixed them to soften the color of the jade green.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out myself!

Here I have the top turret added.

Ok, final Plague Tower picture. It's ready to put on the field and unnerve my opponents!

The next project, Silver Tower of Tzeentch! (Yeah, it's going to look... different)

M

makare

That thing is grotesque and horrible. Also awesome.

Nurglings are major disappointments on all counts. Just fyi.

I

Iaculus

Ooh, looking forward to the Silver Tower.

Also, that Soul Grinder totally needs to be crushing something. Blood Angels are acceptable.

I love my little nurglings :D Sorry makare. Yes, I will have more. A total of 147 is the current estimate. That leaves roughly 65 for me to make yet.

Yeah, Iaculus, the Silver Tower I want to model it after looks really slick. I'm hoping I can give it justice :)

Thanks wana!

Well, a couple WIP updates. The Silver Towers are coming along slowly...

Which now looks like

I know the picture quality is terrible. When I have more time (and more finished on it) I'll do my best to get a better quality picture of it. The disk is coming along nicely. I still need to design banners, create a roof for the box area in the front, and come up with some other nice bits and such which would work well on the base. Lots to do!

Plus the Pink Horrors turned Plaguebearers is slowly coming along-

I have 30 of the 84 painted like this so far. I'll probably highlight the claws a little bit and find a nice putrid color for the bumps on the skin yet.

Till next time :)

W

wana10

awesome to see the new tower coming along, and those classic horrors look amazing in green!

but...the images are broken(for me at least). i can see them when i click on the link and follow them to imageshack but i can't see them here. you need to replace the links with the direct image link imageshack puts on the redirect page i think

from this
Code:
http://img260.imageshack.us/i/1000846n.jpg/
to this
Code:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6950/1000846n.jpg

Now that the basic design of the tower is finished, I'm working on the bits that will be placed on it and decorate it.

This is one of the banners I'm working on so far. I created a constellation which is the symbol of Tzeentch above a planet... kinda foreboding!