Krisken's art stuff, previously all 40k miniatures

Ok, Plaguebearers added to the list of finished (mostly) models. Just need to make more bases.

After looking at the images, there are places where I can touch up. The nad on the last image, a nose ring I hadn't noticed before, and I can highlight the bone a little bit with slightly yellower colors. Other than that though, this is how they look.

Enjoy :D

Thanks Allen :) For bones I tend to start with a dark brown and highlight gradually with a bleached bone/ivory. On these 5 models I didn't go as high as I normally do, so it's not as bright as I normally like it. Seems to work for these models though.

Ok, a few more models I've been painting. Daemonettes and my new battle standard bearer. I might to more work on the standard, we'll see (never completely happy with my work).

K

Kitty Sinatra

Dayum! Those high res pics show off some damn good work

*thumbs up*

Awesome painting brah.

I REALLY hate the new daemonette models, but that's not your fault. I like how everything works out with your highlighting. Your standard-bearer showed me that my problem with drybrushing must be something that I'm doing wrong, as it's a fine example of DB done RIGHT.

Gruebeard- Thanks! Though I must admit, they show me mistakes I have made that I didn't see initially (like that god-awful face tattoo doesn't look quite that choppy IRL). I'm hoping that I can use the camera more to find things I can fix later on, like adding better detail to the gold etching on the standard bearers cloak, or color in the nose ring on the plaguebearer that I missed.

Officer_Charon- Thank you for the compliment! Dry brushing can be a tricky and doesn't offer the same look as a gradual color increase, but if done right it looks nice. The most important thing to remember when drybrushing is it works best when the brush has almost no paint left on it. The paint also can't be too thin or it will spread too much. Don't be surprised if you have to go over the same area more than once. Dr. Fausts Painting Clinic on Drybrushing is a good place to get tips on drybrushing and areas that work well for it. I've moved away from drybrushing areas such as the standard bearer above (which is an older model I painted years ago), but it does still look nice. I'd probably mix colors for hours and gradually get to the highlights I want that way now.

Now I only use it on either large surfaces or as a base color for a model, then highlight on top using blending.

Quick update. Keeper of Secrets

And for fun here was a D and D character I made for a 4th edition game I played

Good lord. How do you get that level of detail on those things?

Also: Pics of your workspace? I'd like to see where and how you do all of this!

Good lord. How do you get that level of detail on those things?

Also: Pics of your workspace? I'd like to see where and how you do all of this!
Oh, absolutely. I've been working really hard on being clean in my workstation (though as you can see it's a hard fought battle). These two images are of the desk and the shelving unit I use for my painting/modeling supplies. The white box on the top corner of the shelving unit is where I store my paints. I probably should have shown off the paints I use (hind sight 20/20).

As for how I get the level of detail, I am setting up to do a painting tutorial using a fairly easy set of models (just a few colors). It should be interesting to see how it turns out!

Ok, quick set of a flamer of tzeentch I painted up. I hope you enjoy!

I hope to have two more, painted in different color shcemes ready by this weekend..

Thanks Baer! I've had a lot of fun painting it. I think if I did it over again i would have lightened it up even more near the bottom and up to the waste area with the edges being a bright yellow. I really like how it turned out though.

Ok, another Flamer finished. I love this one just because I can't wait to be playing a game and scream "Flamer, SMASH!"

I figured that considering the god they represent (Lord of Change), it would be silly to have all these creatures that are so uniform in color.

I am struggling with what color I should paint the last one though. Any ideas?

Both very good suggestions. I'm thinking a bright bright yellow would serve me best though. Start with an orange undercoat and drive to a bright yellow. I'll have to figure out what color to do the flames.

I would do blue, allen, but the flamer unit I already painted were blue brightened to white (top dark blue, bottom to white). If I do baby blue it might look too much like those.

Does the Lore of Tzeentch still have the 7 colored flames of Tzeentch? Those would be good themes to work with for your flamers and other demons.

Christ I envy your ability to pick out detail. :(
Really, anyone can do it. The trick to seeing all the detail is that first drybrushing. That helps to show me everything that needs attending to. It is why I start my models with one color, no matter how big it is.

Ok, this should be the last flamer for a while. I'd really like to have another 3 to finish the last colors of the rainbow, having orange, purple, and indigo flamers. As it is, I think these look pretty cool :D

And just for fun, a group of each color-

That yellow one is really awesome. Whoever gave you the ideas for doing some for each color of the rainbow must also be pretty awesome, cause that's an awesome idea.

That yellow one is really awesome. Whoever gave you the ideas for doing some for each color of the rainbow must also be pretty awesome, cause that's an awesome idea.
Hm, I wonder who that could be! I'm definitely excited about how the 7 colors will look as a unified force.

I never do this, but here are some images of the Soul Grinder I'm in the process of painting. The wings are made from wire, sculpy, epoxy putty, glue, and cardboard.

Long ways to go yet, but I thought y'all might enjoy.

Only one image right now, the picture of the Bloodcrusher of Khorne. I like how this one turned out.

I've entered a couple of my pictures into a painting/picture taking competition. Wish me luck!

Ok, not a big update, but I finished one of my Eldar Harlequins. Honestly, this model was a bucket load of fun to paint. Very challenging to get the pattern down right!

Last, an image of the cloak, which is largely obscured by the legs. I painted this model with the bottom and top half separate to make sure I didn't make too many mistakes!

I still need to decorate the base a bit and paint the gems on the model, but other than that, it is finished.

Please tell me what y'all think, ok?

Thanks! Colors seem to be one of my strong points. I'm looking forward to seeing how I will get this unit to fit in with my Eldar army already painted. This model has the left leg panted in that armies colors, turquoise and yellow, as well as the shoulder pads and the mohawk. Should be fun finding ways to get the other ones to fit as well :D

Thanks Baer :) I'm a little afraid of when i decide to do the pattern on legs or arms (since the curves complicate things a bit).

If it wasn't for foundation white, the job would have been a lot harder!

(yay, new page!)

Ok, second Harlequin is finished.

I'm going to limit my posts to a couple pictures so we don't run into the problems of the first two pages... takes WAY too long to load!