Krisken's art stuff, previously all 40k miniatures

Second banner for the tower is finished. This one is nice and bright, really standing out on the stone-like surface of the tower.

W

wana10

looks good krisken. now when do we get a battle report where this thing floats over "the river" and lays waste to the imperium of man?:p

Awww, sadly not until December. I am looking forward to putting down 19 units of Nurglings and tying up every troop choice the opponents put out :D

Well, another update. I decided my Heralds of Tzeentch needed to ride in style and have some Chariots.

Herald #1

Herald #2

The chariots are made out of sculpy, which I then baked and painted. I still need to put some chains or other connection between the screamers and the chariots, but that will have to wait until I have a budget to spend.

Ok, another model just finished (I've been doing a lot at once). I'll be redoing the bases soon to be similar to the Soul Grinders, so I haven't been working on those. This is a converted Hive Tyrant to be a Nurgle Daemon Prince.

Nurgle is the daemon prince of decay and plague. Think it fits that? :)

Thanks wana! I think next week I'm going to spend time remaking the larger bases to have the ruins image. I'm also going to the pet store to pick up cat food this week. Hopefully I'll find some fish tank vines that will make some great overgrowth for my bases.

Well, 4 more pictures, this time of the Khorne Daemon Prince. I used the Tyranid Hive Tyrant model this time, along with a sword from a really old Great Unclean One.

Now I have 3 Daemon Princes ready for games :D

Are... ANY of these legal in matches? I thought you needed an actual piece if you wanted to use it in your army.
I'm not sure what you mean. Which pieces are you speaking of exactly? The converted Carnifex is a GW model, as is the converted Hive Tyrant. I just puddied them up a bit and painted them as something else. As for the chariots, GW doesn't make chariots for the models, so I have to make it. Isn't that crazy? There are rules for models in the game they don't even make!

If you're asking about the Plague Tower and Silver Tower of Tzeentch, they aren't legal for general play. They are Imperial Armory rules, and actual models aren't available for most of them. They are all "opponents permission", and I plan to use them for the Apocalypse game we have planned for December.

Let me know if I answered your question AshburnerX

Are... ANY of these legal in matches? I thought you needed an actual piece if you wanted to use it in your army.
I'm not sure what you mean. Which pieces are you speaking of exactly? The converted Carnifex is a GW model, as is the converted Hive Tyrant. I just puddied them up a bit and painted them as something else. As for the chariots, GW doesn't make chariots for the models, so I have to make it. Isn't that crazy? There are rules for models in the game they don't even make! [/QUOTE]

So it's perfectly legal to buy a cheaper piece, modify it, and claim it's something else... and it's tourney legal? I wasn't sure if there was some ruling that says you have to have an actual piece (as in, actual Daemon Princes) if you wanted to use it in a tournament.

It's perfectly tournament legal as long as there is some kind of GW part somewhere on the model. That's what we call the "counts-as" rule.

Yup. People proxy up models to represent more expensive models all the time. I've heard people use ghouls to represent plaguebearers. Sometimes, though, they do this for an aesthetic reason, not economical.

Cajungal

Staff member
Looks like the alien from Alien, but fancier. Again, I marvel at the detail you can achieve on such tiny little things. The red fading into black looks super cool.

Looks like the alien from Alien, but fancier. Again, I marvel at the detail you can achieve on such tiny little things. The red fading into black looks super cool.
Awww, thanks :D The model line for the Tyranid army when they got revamped the first time really did have an Alien look to it.

About the only thing I added to the red guy was some buddy around the waste line and chest area to not look too alien.

W

wana10

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
i like how you have repurposed these old 'nids.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
i like how you have repurposed these old 'nids.
Daemons can corrupt anything, right? :laugh:

Just arrived in the mail: Epidemius. I can't wait to glue this big blob of metal and bits together and start the painting. It will be so much fun!

My newest model, Epidemius.

One of these pictures will be submitted to a site to display the model. Which one should I choose?

W

wana10

pic 1 has the best overall look at the model.

oh, and papa nurgle would be proud....ewwwwwwww

I like the different colors on the nurglings. It does a lot to break up the drab greens and browns that *ahem* plague most Nurgle models.

Lol, it's ok. There is one image I think of where the model of Epidemius looks fantastically painted, but it looks like a pile of strawberry jam because of all the red on it. It's interesting to see the differences between the clean painting vs. realistic painting. Sure, my models don't necessarily look realistic, but I do try to push them to striking colors and to vary the coloring up a bit to prevent mono-colored armies.

W

wana10

i was calling baer out on his horrible pun actually... your color choices look great :p

Ok, it may seem as though I haven't done much lately, but I have begun a new scratch building project. It's in very early stages, but when it is finished it will be a Chaos Warhound Titan. Titans are the biggest machines on the battlefield, setting the field alight with its destruction. This is just the legs so far, and not even finished legs at that. Still, I like how it's shaping up and will update as I feel the need. Till the next update, enjoy!

Ok, slight update with 3 pictures of the Titans legs.

Ok, the additions include-
Finished adding the hubs to the leg gears
All of the pistons have been finished and added to the model
added more of the decorative edging.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to finish all of the edging, cover all exposed areas (wow, there are a lot of them!), and add some decorative aspects to it.

You're gonna need more spikes. *laughs*

Seriously, though, this has potential for epic-levels of win. And not just because its a Titan. *sadtrombone*

Oh yeah I will! I only have 4 spike pieces, too. So far it's turning out really well. I've attached most of the toe pieces and hope to have them finished tonight. I've also made a patch of skulls out of a mold I made and cast it with resin twice, so there will be skull squares at the hip joints and maybe in other areas yet. Really like how it's turning out so far! Long ways to go though. I was busy most of the day, so didn't get much done today. Hopefully by sometime next week I'll have the bottom half finished being built and ready to prime. Any suggestions on paint schemes/colors to use?

Thanks for the comment Officer_Charon :)

More pictures of the Scratch Build Warhound Titan. Finally finished trimming the toes and other bits and have primed the model with gray.

Sorry the pictures aren't better. I really need to make a bigger light box!

W

wana10

for colors i'd either play up the skull motif and go with red/bronze/SKULLZFORTHESKULLTHRONE or a really grimy looking nurgle job with oil stains seeping from the joints

I probably will go Khorne style with it. I have brass colored chains I picked up from the hobby store, and it would probably be the easiest color scheme for me to plant on it. Means I'll have to get black spray paint yet :)

Some early pictures of painted legs. LOng way to go before they are done though. Still have to paint the trim, the pistons on the feet, and highlight much of the model. I did paint the skulls though :)

Planning on it :) I want to make my spikes separately so they don't muck up the paint job by accident. The shin guards will have more skulls than you can shake a stick at, and I'll probably have tons of skulls/spikes on the top of the model. More to come!

Necronic

Staff member
You really are a fantastic painter dude. I'm getting back into painting after like 10 years or so, and surprisingly I am better now than I ever was. The models have been hit/miss. A couple came out really bad and others came out great. The one thing that is throwing me now is that it seems like everyone "dips" now instead of applying inks/drybrushes by hand. And to be honest the dipped models I have seen are fantastic looking.

Right now I am working on an Eversor assassin. I converted a Malcador Spyrer:
(not a great picture)

I've cut off one of the arms and put in a power sword. I'm painting the backpack to look like his supply of combat drugs and the claw is going to be his nuero gauntlet, and doing to head with the skull motif. The body I am doing with a gore red ink with a bleached bone brush across it. Trying to make it look like muscles/tendons etc. So far its not too bad, but I never know how it will turn out until I slap the 'Ard Coat on.

On that note, my local gamestore is fucking awesome. They have a painting table in the back that is open for anyone to use. It has a lot of paints and other tools you may need. You need your own brushes but other than that you have almost anything you need. For anyone in the Houston area the place is called Asgard Games. They actually put a GW store around the corner out of business, that's how fucking awesome they are.