[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2017 - Fashionably Late Edition

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Dave

I know you are busy moving, but your last package says it is scheduled to be delivered Saturday before 8pm.
Looks like that's everything, all delivered in reverse order of importance.
I hope things settle down for you soon.

Don't forget to post a picture of your final gift! :D

@Dave

UPS handed your last gift off to the USPS on Fri 15th.
USPS went out to deliver it at 7a on Sat 16th.
USPS marked it as undeliverable at 8a on Sat 16th due to "an address error" and rather than contact anyone about it or look for this address change you claim to have filed with them they are going to return it directly to the seller and refund the purchase.
I will see if I can do anything about that, but you may just have to be happy with 2 out of 3. Merry Christmas.

It was a bit of a cop-out, like I said, and I knew that you were fixing to have a complete dietary paradigm shift.... but too many gaming conversations about the good decisions that come from Tito's brand Vodka were in the forefront of my brain.

Also, for some reason, I couldn't attach a note. So... yeah. Secret Santa failish? *wry grin* Anyway, part 2 will be forthcoming Soon(TM).

Dave

Staff member
@Dave

UPS handed your last gift off to the USPS on Fri 15th.
USPS went out to deliver it at 7a on Sat 16th.
USPS marked it as undeliverable at 8a on Sat 16th due to "an address error" and rather than contact anyone about it or look for this address change you claim to have filed with them they are going to return it directly to the seller and refund the purchase.
I will see if I can do anything about that, but you may just have to be happy with 2 out of 3. Merry Christmas.
Figures. Wonder why I bothered to put in a change of address.[DOUBLEPOST=1513652559,1513652530][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway, my gifts that I got were amazing already and it's the thought that counts.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Dave

Called UPS, they say they can't do anything because it was handed off to USPS.
Called USPS (they had me on hold for FIFTY MINUTES) and they say they can't do anything because your forwarding order was for mail, not packages, and so it was considered undeliverable and returned to sender (Amazon).
Amazon says get fucked.
So as Meat Loaf would say, two out of three ain't bad. I'd try again, but current delivery is estimated as mid-January and the address is dead now.
Oh well, you probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. At least the two important gifts made it.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Hylian tracking says it went out for delivery today, but then never updated again, so I have no idea where it is now. Hopefully it just got forgotten in a truck and will be delivered tomorrow.

Screenshot_20171218-210019.png

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Actually, it looks like it got forgotten in the truck this morning and never actually made it to a mail truck. So we'll see.

I did not get it today (Monday) but I will keep an eye out for it. It probably got delayed with the train derailment and I5 being closed both directions :(

I did not get it today (Monday) but I will keep an eye out for it. It probably got delayed with the train derailment and I5 being closed both directions :(
PROTIP: Your first day on a new route, don't go 80mph in a 30 zone. That goes double when local officials voice concerns about EXACTLY THAT during the planning stage.

I'm glad you like it, I've spent the last few days stressing out that I somehow fucked up the sizing, or that it would be too short, or any number of other things.

I'm also slightly high strung.

>.>

Probably the lack of sleep combined with all the running around after King Fleshpound.

--Patrick
Tbh it's probably that I've been so in my own head at archery lately, combined with the high standards I set for myself when it comes to things I do which I will never be able to meet. I let those go when I play video games though. :p

AGH I've been such a jerk - I promised photos days ago! I left the gift at my work, but I'm going in later today so I PROMISE PROMISE there will be photos tonight.

I will properly thank my Secret Santa then, too.

A package arrived today! I wasn't at home, so it'll have to wait for this evening to be opened, but ooohhhh! :D
So, home at last. Let's have a look!
It's too light to be a book, doesn't sound like a DVD,...what could it be?

IMG_20171220_194520.jpg

IMG_20171220_194657.jpg

See, this is sad. On one hand, it's an awesome gift - it's a great game that would really fit the sort of stuff I like. But...I backed it back when they kickstarted it, and I already own both the normal and the NSFW deck :oops:

Still, it is a neat gift, so thanks @Chad Sexington! Lots of bikini cats and bellybutton fairies to you too!

@LittleSin

Thank you so much! I haven't played any version of Fluxx in years, but it's such fun and I don't own any - that has changed forever.

It is appropriately themed, as well:
IMG_20171220_204349.jpg

Thanks again! And apologies for the late posting. You rule. (Also, I was using the water bottle you gave me several Secret Santas ago today!)

So, home at last. Let's have a look!
It's too light to be a book, doesn't sound like a DVD,...what could it be?

View attachment 26310

View attachment 26309

See, this is sad. On one hand, it's an awesome gift - it's a great game that would really fit the sort of stuff I like. But...I backed it back when they kickstarted it, and I already own both the normal and the NSFW deck :oops:

Still, it is a neat gift, so thanks @Chad Sexington! Lots of bikini cats and bellybutton fairies to you too!
DAMN.

I knew it was a risk. I'm sorry. I was trying to balance my budget with your list/what was available on Amazon.fr (shipping from Canada was prohibitively expensive). I'll try to expiate my sin somehow.

Chad Sexington said:
I'll try to expiate my sin somehow.
Well, there's only one thing for it, really. You'll have to keep spending time and posting on here for my amusement. ALL year round! Bwahahaha!

@LittleSin

Thank you so much! I haven't played any version of Fluxx in years, but it's such fun and I don't own any - that has changed forever.

It is appropriately themed, as well:
View attachment 26315

Thanks again! And apologies for the late posting. You rule. (Also, I was using the water bottle you gave me several Secret Santas ago today!)
Yay! I'm glad you like it! I only played Fluxx for the first time a few weeks ago and decided that it would be the perfect gift. :p Merry Christmas!

Hey everyone!

Is there anyone who has not gotten their gift OR seen a message posted saying that a gift is on its way?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Emrys: Canadian Postal Service claims it's been delivered. Can you confirm you got a large, unexpected package :unibrow:?

Yay! I'm glad you like it! I only played Fluxx for the first time a few weeks ago and decided that it would be the perfect gift. :p Merry Christmas!
Fluxx is amazing. It's even more fun if you can play it in public at a donut/coffee shop and entice randos to join. The looks on their faces!
I've played standard, Batman, and Monty Python. I didn't know there was a Chargoggohoggoth version. Hmm...

--Patrick

Fluxx is amazing. It's even more fun if you can play it in public at a donut/coffee shop and entice randos to join. The looks on their faces!
I've played standard, Batman, and Monty Python. I didn't know there was a Chargoggohoggoth version. Hmm...

--Patrick
We have so many sets of Fluxx cards because my son loves the game. Our latest ones were the Math set and the Chemistry set.

--Patrick
The Monty Python one was at a previous job's office, and we'd kill time (NEVER wastefully, of course....) with it frequently. It often preceded Friday beverages.

@Emrys: Canadian Postal Service claims it's been delivered. Can you confirm you got a large, unexpected package :unibrow:?
Mom's feeling lazy this week so she dispatched me to go to the post office. Let me tell you, one day there and one day back in the snow when your legs are only 3 inches long ain't increasing my Christmas spirit. I left her a package of my own in the middle of the doorway.

And yes, there was a package. I took the liberty of opening it (like I was going to ask for permission, ha!) and found a hula skirt inside.

Oh, it's not a hula skirt; it's a grass tunnel-type thingie. This looks pretty awesome. I'm gonna try it out!

Ummmm... I'm stuck. I'm stuck! Get the Jaws of Life! Ahhhhh!

OK, I'm unstuck now. Dang, we're not going to be able to use this thing until summer and we lose all our winter weight. Hey, wait a second, what are you doing?

Oh fine, Moth can use it. She's so spoiled. She gets everything - all the tasty chicken snacks, all the new toys, everything!

Of course, if I had a face like that, I'd get all the tasty chicken snacks too.