[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2017 - Fashionably Late Edition

The resin makes the base juuuuuust a bit wobbly
Put some sandpaper on a table and rub the bottom on it until it doesn't wobble.

If you want to do a better job, rub chalk on paper to coat it, put it on a flat surface, then rub the base of the cup along that. Turn the cup over and you'll have chalk on the "high" spots of resin. A little hand sanding in only those areas will better preserve the cup. Repeat until the chalk only appears on three spots, or over the surface, so it no longer wobbles.

Dave

Staff member
@Dave

You should be receiving two packages.
A little worried because Amazon Prime's otherwise 2-day shipping says they will be delivered...by Dec 18th? As in, 12 days from now?
What, do you live in a cave atop a mountain behind a waterfall or something? Actually, don't answer that.
Going ahead with the order just in case they are generously underestimating their shipping time but will update. Please to be keeping us updated as well.
Should be very interesting. We move the 16th! Let’s hope the change of address works! :)

Patience paid off!

Now, let's see what we got here...
20171206_165218.jpg
Ooo! I like! And I'm already a few chapters in, since it arrived yesterday.

20171206_131816.jpg
But of course. :D I love the little tiara in the hood.

Now, what's in the next box... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

20171206_165246.jpg

I can't wait to use this, though I don't think Mr. Z approves of his new competition.
20171206_192923.jpg

Day 2, final package arrives and it's... oh... oh my....
20171207_124402.jpg
Merry Christmas and god bless America*! The tough part is going to be fighting Li'l Z for this. "I'm sorry, Mommy needs this in her room for....reasons. Go play and shut the door behind you."

I did read all the notes, even though I didn't post them. Thank you, Santa Bandit!!!:banana:

(*But he's not shirtless! Oh, wait, that's only if Dei was my Secret Santa.)

Put some sandpaper on a table and rub the bottom on it until it doesn't wobble.

If you want to do a better job, rub chalk on paper to coat it, put it on a flat surface, then rub the base of the cup along that. Turn the cup over and you'll have chalk on the "high" spots of resin. A little hand sanding in only those areas will better preserve the cup. Repeat until the chalk only appears on three spots, or over the surface, so it no longer wobbles.
I’ve heard the same advice, but with black crayon. Your method sounds easier to clean up, though.

—Patrick

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@klew, Amazon says that that one package was delivered today. There is no ETA on the second package but I'm hoping it will arrive around the end of next week. It should make sense once you get both of them (I hope).

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@stienman You should be receiving a package on Monday or Tuesday. And you might want to check your email Tuesday as well...

I'll wait to post, but I got gift one today! :)
They weren't from me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1512774369,1512774017][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Tinwhistler

Your stuff is on the way. Should be there about December 8. I used your Amazon wishlist but feel bad it couldn't be more or more personal. Once this is all over you'll understand why.
Got a thing today :) It was definitely something I wanted/needed, straight from the wishlist. I have all of these various microsd cards in my office, and I have no idea what's on them (if anything) and I want to clean some off for phone/camera use, and one to stick in the GPS so I can get a bigger map update.

Note doesn't indicate who it's from though.

2017-12-08 18.02.56.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1512774718][/DOUBLEPOST]So, the message said "stuff", which implies more than one thing. My son brought in the mail, and I think "I wonder if he left anything on the porch". Sure enough, there was another box out there!

2017-12-08 18.08.07.jpg

I love books about cooking theory! Recipes are a dime a dozen on the internet, but cooking theory lets you create good food without recipes. Thank you, Secret Santa!

Last edited:
Seconding the cooking theory.
It’s one thing to manufacture chemicals.
It’s something else again to do chemistry.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
You’re welcome, Tin. I’m just sorry I couldn’t do more or be more imaginative. But being out of town and closing on a new home, well, let’s just say that things have been a bit hectic. Merry Christmas, you cooking fool, you!

There ain't nothing to be sorry for. My wishlist is there for a reason, and there ain't no shame in shopping from it. Everything on there is something I want, but just don't have the urge to buy for myself yet. I totally love both of my gifts. Thanks bunches!

Though, you know, you *could* have gotten me the $500 drone.... ;)

Last edited:
Did you have to do the dishes?
Tin, his wife, and I went to a restaurant and remembered our wallets, so no one had to do this dishes that wasn't already being paid to do so. :D

Edit: Unless "doing the dishes" is a new euphemism for :unibrow:, in which case I don't think Callistr..Callstar...Uh, Tin's wife would approve.

I'm definitely looking for someone to do my dishes. :unibrow:

Seriously, I have just a spoon and a mug left. Any takers? Anyone?

Tin, his wife, and I went to a restaurant and remembered our wallets, so no one had to do this dishes that wasn't already being paid to do so. :D

Edit: Unless "doing the dishes" is a new euphemism for :unibrow:, in which case I don't think Callistr..Callstar...Uh, Tin's wife would approve.
Never know until you ask :unibrow:[DOUBLEPOST=1512791568,1512791432][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm definitely looking for someone to do my dishes. :unibrow:

Seriously, I have just a spoon and a mug left. Any takers? Anyone?
I like to spoon ;)

@klew, Amazon says that that one package was delivered today. There is no ETA on the second package but I'm hoping it will arrive around the end of next week. It should make sense once you get both of them (I hope).
I'll wait for the second to arrive then, more anticipation

Also, I have no idea where the pictures went from my initial unboxing... my phone's dementia is apparently progressing. Part 1 was a Sgt Nick Angel from the same figurine collection.

So here's a pic of part 2 from my lovely and talented Secret Santa, @Celt_Z

Thank you so much! Both of the figures are flanking my monitor, and I've gotten cracking on the manga in my COPIOUS free time... but anything featuring Best Seiba is awesome. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Emrys and @Doomweasel minion: your gift has been dispatched. However, I got a couple of things screwed up on the supplier's website, and it ended up getting ordered without a note :(
I'll identify myself when it gets there, sorry for sending a boring old no-name no-joke package.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Dave

The main payload arrives Monday 11th by 8.
The rest waits in Amazon Limbo, still 18th best estimate.
Amazon so flaky, like pie crust.