[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2017 - Fashionably Late Edition

Dave

Staff member
Holy shit, guys! I got home from work today and there was a package waiting for me. And it's HUGE!

2017-12-11 15.48.32.jpg

So I cracked that bad boy open and...well...HOLY SHIT, GUYS! A pressure cooker! I remember you all talking about how awesome they were and how I said I should get me one, but I didn't expect this! Someone went above and beyond.

2017-12-11 15.49.12.jpg 2017-12-11 15.53.37.jpg

Now, because we're moving we also got another gift - two huge boxes, already put together and TOUGH! So really it was 3 presents in one. I can't wait to get to the new house this weekend and fire this bad boy up!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

@blotsfan according to the Amazons, both pieces should be there now. One claims 'delivered,' the other 'left in mailbox.'
Spoilered for size.

So a few days ago I got this:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Which contained these:

IMG_0468.JPG

I promptly wore them to the Bills game, which if you saw any pictures or video, not only did they prove their good-luck capabilities, but they also their abilities to withstand horrible conditions.

Today I got this:
FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Which contained these:
FullSizeRender(2).jpg

The reference book really seems to be surprisingly detailed. From my initial skimming I saw ASCII codes, to temperature conversions, to densities and melting points of all sorts of metals.

I love the Bills lego set! I don't have time to assemble it this minute, but I'll post another pic once I get the chance to assemble it. Thanks Secret Santa!

Puralator came today with a package from amazon. XD For a moment I was like "SECRET SANTA?"

No.

Just normal stuff I ordered. :p

I can tell the anticipation is going to kill me!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@stienman it looks like they tried to deliver your gift but didn't so I guess you have to go to the post office. Sorry about that.

@stienman it looks like they tried to deliver your gift but didn't so I guess you have to go to the post office. Sorry about that.
The snowstorm prevented USPS deliveries. They didn't even come out. However, to pacify Amazon and others with guaranteed delivery times they mark the deliveries as "attempted but failed". I could complain but I don't blame them for bad weather.

They will deliver them today most likely. I won't have to go to the post office unless something goes really wrong. In the worst weather we end up getting mail every other day, so I expect it'll be the same this time around.

But even if I do, it's no big deal, it's a small town and the PO is between work and home.

Thanks for the update! I'll let you know when it arrives, though I expect you'll still find out before I do (tracking technology has really improved over the decades, let me tell you).

Also, thanks for choosing the nice theater for the gift certificate! We love going there and will put it to good use.

@GasBandit, first part of your gift is lurking in Amazon limbo. Which, for a bit of a cop-out gift, is somewhat irritating.

Part 2 is pending some freed-up fundage. And should be considerably less of a cop-out, but will definitely not make it by Christmas, proper.

Dave

Staff member
So weird question for my Secret Santa. Was the second part an iPhone charging cord? Because we got one in the mail today which was (a) earlier than the Monday stated and (b) something nobody ordered here that we know of. And with the other thread talking about Amazon scams, I thought I should ask.[DOUBLEPOST=1513205075,1513205060][/DOUBLEPOST]It does look like a cool and DURABLE cord, though!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

So weird question for my Secret Santa. Was the second part an iPhone charging cord? Because we got one in the mail today which was (a) earlier than the Monday stated and (b) something nobody ordered here that we know of. And with the other thread talking about Amazon scams, I thought I should ask
Yes! It said it wasn't coming until Thursday, so I wasn't going to mention it until tonight. It came too early? I guess?
The third item now says it was shipped on the 6th (liars!) but that it will arrive Monday (liars?).
It does look like a cool and DURABLE cord, though!
Didn't it ship with a note? There was supposed to be a note. You should read the note.

Dave

Staff member
I have found the note!

"Can be used to tie up a sagging muffler in a pinch."

Very nice! Thanks!

On my way out the door to see Lindsay Stirling, but I got my gift today and will post pics tomorrow. :)
Ok, so I lied, but I still have not reached 2016 @PatrThom levels of lateness, so I'm not doing that bad.

-------

I opened up my gifts to see that I got them from Santa @klew ! Thank you Santa Klew!

I shared the Legos with my daughter but I've been so busy this week they remain unopened.

IMG_20171210_202425.jpg

Some books including a beta reader edition D:

IMG_20171210_202349.jpg

More easily portable board games! This is great because we're going up to the mountains at the end of the month and board games that take up less space in the car are wonderful. :)

IMG_20171210_202228.jpg

I always love getting new dice, both sets are metal, but the d20s are already traitorous and showing a preference for my husband. :eek:

IMG_20171210_180317.jpg

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@droomwereld minion: if you could inform your mistress the package nummer
4715721567937389 of the Canadian postal service is NOT to be destroyed, that would be nice.

Spoilered for size.

So a few days ago I got this:
View attachment 26218

Which contained these:

View attachment 26219

I promptly wore them to the Bills game, which if you saw any pictures or video, not only did they prove their good-luck capabilities, but they also their abilities to withstand horrible conditions.

Today I got this:
View attachment 26216

Which contained these:
View attachment 26217

The reference book really seems to be surprisingly detailed. From my initial skimming I saw ASCII codes, to temperature conversions, to densities and melting points of all sorts of metals.

I love the Bills lego set! I don't have time to assemble it this minute, but I'll post another pic once I get the chance to assemble it. Thanks Secret Santa!
Finished!

IMG_0473.JPG

I second @Dei ’s recommendation. The first 4 are the best, but the next 3 are still worth reading. I did not know there was an 8th until just now.

—Patrick

Last edited: