[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2017 - Fashionably Late Edition

Hello everyone! I have been busy with work and personal life so much that I literally forgot to set all this up. For that, I am very sorry. I think we still have enough time to pull it off, so let's give it a go!

What is it?
It's a Secret Santa between your fellow halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • To sign up, send me a PM with your email address, shipping address, and any gift rules/restrictions. Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts). Also, please specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally.
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so when you sign up. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - I'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case. So far we've always been able to match everyone that wanted to participate and meet their shipping requirements.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
  • Who can sign up?
    To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than April 15, 2017 with more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate (for obvious reasons). If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to Dave so there may be exceptions, but his final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you. This goes for those who may be disincluded as well.
  • The deadline for signing up will be November 30th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent an email or PM shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for.
  • Recommended gift value is $5 to $25. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food please).
  • ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS SENT IS DECEMBER 15th! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY DECEMBER 15th WILL BE TIED DOWN AND LEFT TO BURN IN THE FIRE-RAVAGED CALIFORNIA COUNTRYSIDE. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not CERTAIN you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
  • Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
  • You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
  • UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS. Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol, so when in doubt, choose another gift.
  • CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping.
  • SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and ship your stuff by Dec 15th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
As people sign up, I will post a list showing their names. When we move on to the next step, I'll be sure to update that too.

The names so far...
  1. Tinwhistler
  2. steinman
  3. Dei
  4. Dave
  5. blotsfan
  6. GasBandit
  7. Hylian
  8. Emrys
  9. Chad Sexington
  10. klew
  11. Bubble181
  12. LittleSin
  13. Officer_Charon
  14. Dirona
  15. PatrThom
  16. evilmike
  17. Celt Z

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I'm in, but I'll be spending considerably less this year thanks to moving expenses. So if I get matched with you...sorry.

I've already received the greatest gift from all of you this year. Thank you again. Money is still tight so I won't be able to participate this year.

Man, I would so love to participate this year but it's going to be tough enough to afford presents for family so I will have to bow out. Been hanging out here for more than 10 years so just know that I love you guys and everybody gets the present of my continued participation in our shared corner of the interwebs.

I'm going to have to bow out this year. I'm not going to be home for Christmas, and 'net connecting might be spotty.

I'm in, and already have the gift ready, since it is an awesome one.
Any amazon product with the review, "As UPS discretely unloaded my 55 gallon drum, the driver accidentally spilled it into my driveway. Any amount of cars can now fit into the garage." is bound to please its recipient.

Who doesn't need more garage space?

Remember, you’re not really “in” until you send me a PM with your info. If you’ve sent it before in previous years, please just copy & paste it into a new PM. It helps me stay organized if I can get a PM from each participant.

Remember, you’re not really “in” until you send me a PM with your info. If you’ve sent it before in previous years, please just copy & paste it into a new PM. It helps me stay organized if I can get a PM from each participant.
What info do you need?

What info do you need?
Send a PM to tress with the following:

• email address
  • shipping address
  • any gift rules/restrictions (specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts))
  • specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally

FYI to everyone, there's a good chance UPS workers will be going on strike sometime next month, so get your shipping in ASAP once Tress sends out the info.

As always, I'm damn easy to shop for. Just answer "yes" to one of the following questions:

Does it have anything to do with ferrets/weasels/Mustelidae in general?
Does it have anything to do with Lovecraft?
Does it have anything to do with MST3K?
Does it have anything to do with Shakespeare?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above, I will love you forever and you will be spared from The Scampering.

So what you want is a lovecraftian version of a Shakespeare play with ferrets playing the main parts set as a torture for the mst3k crew?