HalFitness

If you're looking for a little help with hunger cravings, you might give an EC stack a try (ephedrine and caffeine).

If you're looking for a little help with hunger cravings, you might give an EC stack a try (ephedrine and caffeine).
I've found this helps with learning, too. Unfortunately, the restrictions on ephedrine purchase make this a difficult thing to sustain for any length of time.

Plenty of scientific evidence showing a definite link between healthy weight loss and your intake of dietary fiber, though.

--Patrick

ECA stacks (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) were big news and advocated heavily online in weightlifting forums back in the early 2000's. But..

the marketing of ephedra- or ephedrine-containing stimulant combinations for weight loss and bodybuilding is now restricted or illegal in the United States, Canada and Netherlands due to reports of heart attack, stroke, and death associated with these supplements
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack

Still mentioned somewhat regularly, as far as I've seen. Generally people recommend getting ephedrine from Bronkaid or some such, which ensures consistent dosages that people didn't get in the herbal supplements.

Still mentioned somewhat regularly, as far as I've seen. Generally people recommend getting ephedrine from Bronkaid or some such, which ensures consistent dosages that people didn't get in the herbal supplements.
It's been nearly 20 years since I last hung out on weightlifting/exercise forums, which is why I made the disclaimer. But it doesn't surprise me that they're still mentioned.

I don't know how well it works for weight loss...last time I did ECA stacks, I had a 26" waist. I wasn't looking to lose weight, but to build muscle.

Cajungal

Staff member
This kettlebell makes me feel like that badass giant blond woman from Game of Thrones. I'm not slim yet, but I could probably lift my third grade coteacher over my head.

Dave

Staff member
So my fitbit thinks that any time I'm reading or sitting and playing computer games, I must be sleeping. My sleep schedule is WAY off the charts! I sleep all the damned time!

GasBandit

Staff member
So my fitbit thinks that any time I'm reading or sitting and playing computer games, I must be sleeping. My sleep schedule is WAY off the charts! I sleep all the damned time!
My fitbit says I masturbated 8 miles this week!

Just kidding. I don't own a fitbit.

I find that interesting because I have a huge case of sloth, yet my fitbit only records asleep if I'm nearly perfectly still.

I jumped back on the My Fitness Pal wagon again. Hopefully I will be able to use it instead of making it a tool to beat myself up with like I did last time. My inner voice needs to fuck off, kwim.

Started doing couch to 5k. Have already skipped a couple days, in order to keep on schedule. Wife has started working out too, so we can't work out at the same time - kids kinda still need to be watched.

Having trouble getting back into the groove... but it feels good to be doing SOMETHING again.

One hour of bodyboarding yesterday. Noah and I got new boards with slick bottoms and channels which made it much easier to swim/paddle. I got knocked around a few times, lost my hair tie (again), had a wave hit me so hard when I was standing on shore that it hurt my right knee...and I'm ready to go back out again today despite being sore. I added it to MFP for my exercise for the day and ended up with a huge deficit. :)

Dave

Staff member
Started doing couch to 5k. Have already skipped a couple days, in order to keep on schedule. Wife has started working out too, so we can't work out at the same time - kids kinda still need to be watched.

Having trouble getting back into the groove... but it feels good to be doing SOMETHING again.
I'm doing the Couch to 10K. How long is the program for 5K? 10K is a 14 week program 3 days of the week. Did I get too ambitious?

I'm doing the Couch to 10K. How long is the program for 5K? 10K is a 14 week program 3 days of the week. Did I get too ambitious?
8 weeks, plus the actual 5k run at the end of it. I think you're doing perfectly fine, brother. I was just gonna do C25K then do the 5k210K follow-up. You're just taking that step out, is all, and honestly it might be a better idea. *chuckles*

I've also been doing the 100 pushups workout (hundredpushups.com) on those same run days, and it's definitely waking up my body again... upper body has ALWAYS been my weak point...

Cajungal

Staff member
I twisted my ankle rather badly and I'm pretty bummed out about it. Bye bye progress.
This is me every time I get a really bad sinus infection. I hope you feel better soon. Don't let it get you down--you'll get there again.

I am loving this Fitbit! I don't think I'd like it as much if I were using it alone, but I have 5 friends who compete with me. We walked together after lunch today (inservice day), and I'm taking the stairs as often as I can in order to keep up with them. It's nice to have a tracker system that's an all-in-one. I used to have a sleep app on my phone, plus myfitnesspal, plus a really unreliable pedometer app...it's nice just going to one place. It's a great reminder just having it on. When I've been sitting for more than half an hour, I see it staring back at me, and I get up and move around.

Monday through Friday you can all gasp at the steps I put in.... Saturday and Sunday, those are off days.

I've got CG and Dave as friends, and just earned my "Japan" badge for walking over 1869 miles since April 2015.

My wife bought the fitbit for my birthday last year, thinking to show that I wasn't as active as I said I was during the day. Yeah, that didn't work out so well for her.

By email address or Facebook I think. I wear my Fitbit just so it can tell me how lazy I am though. ;)