HalFitness

Got an invite on my fitbit from a Deborah M. Does anyone know who, or admit to being, this person? Like all personal type things, I don't just accept or invite people willy-nilly.

Dave

Staff member
Do not know her. And for the record, when accepting a friend I NEVER suggest other friends they might want to follow.

Neither do I.

Also, I'm not implying that someone here suggested this or did this, I have several other people that I'm friends with, and I've sent the same message to them, because it may be someone I know, but don't recognize at this moment. As in, using their actual first name and not the name they use every day.

Another 45 minutes in the ocean. I got wax for the body boards so they wouldn't slide out from under me anymore. Big difference! I could actually paddle with both arms. It was so good. My legs and arms are sore.

Dave

Staff member
Same here. Weekends are what I do to stop myself from crying. Weekdays are the couch to 10K. Which, of course, makes me cry.

I got held down by a wave for the first time today. I was only in a few feet of water, but the surge was strong enough to keep me down. It was nuts. Also, I scraped my knee on the bottom.

Dave

Staff member
It'll be very interesting to see how much I keep up. Our Fitbit challenge is over at work. But I get to keep the Fitbit so I'll keep wearing it. But will I be making it to 10,000 daily? So far it looks like a big fat no.

I have three months to drop some inches for the wedding. There is nothing on earth that will keep me from meeting this goal other than hospitalization.

I have three months to drop some inches for the wedding. There is nothing on earth that will keep me from meeting this goal other than hospitalization.
Hospital food might actually speed the process.
...not that I'm recommending it as a course of action.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My phone had everything for fitness - my running app, my fitbit counter. I know I could work out without it, but it's my motivation since the challenge is over.

Can't join the fitbit bandwagon. I just can't justify spending that much scratch on a glorified pedometer, thought he social aspects seem like they'd be fun and help encourage me to keep up with everyone.

But, I *am* down 2 more pounds from last month. All the new jeans I bought a few months ago no longer fit properly, and I am gonna have to go get some more :D

And even better news: My wife asked me to get her a rowing machine last year. I'm finally comfortably below the safe weight limit for the machine. By the way, what's up with that? "Hey, you can use this machine only if you're a little over weight...all you really overweight people---sucks to be you"

Can't join the fitbit bandwagon. I just can't justify spending that much scratch on a glorified pedometer, thought he social aspects seem like they'd be fun and help encourage me to keep up with everyone.

But, I *am* down 2 more pounds from last month. All the new jeans I bought a few months ago no longer fit properly, and I am gonna have to go get some more :D

And even better news: My wife asked me to get her a rowing machine last year. I'm finally comfortably below the safe weight limit for the machine. By the way, what's up with that? "Hey, you can use this machine only if you're a little over weight...all you really overweight people---sucks to be you"
What type of Rower are you looking into? The concept 2 rower is one of the best on the market and I have seen some people who I can guarantee are bigger than you on there rowing away.

what's up with that? "Hey, you can use this machine only if you're a little over weight...all you really overweight people---sucks to be you"
They're either worried you'll exceed the mechanical limits of the machine, or that you'll die because your heart can't survive the unexpected increase in activity.

--Patrick