HalFitness

What type of Rower are you looking into? The concept 2 rower is one of the best on the market and I have seen some people who I can guarantee are bigger than you on there rowing away.
I'm not looking into one..i bought a cheapish one from nautilus. I didn't want to spend a grip of money on something that might end up just sitting in a corner unused.

But I've lost a lot of weight in the last couple years. Gone from close to 300lbs to closer to 200 lbs. I'm in a good place :)

I just always found it weird that some exercise equipment companies would make products that wouldn't support the people who could really use them.

It's because working out isn't just for overweight people. ;)

Also, I tend to use my Fitbit as more of a glorified silent alarm clock than anything else. ;)

I just always found it weird that some exercise equipment companies would make products that wouldn't support the people who could really use them.
I assume it's because the methods to build muscle (create controlled tears*, rebuild, repeat) are different from the methods to lose weight (do everything as inefficiently as possible to maximize calorie consumption).

--Patrick
*Doesn't matter if you pronounce it "tares" or "teers," it works either way. :)

It's because working out isn't just for overweight people. ;)
Yeah, I know...I just found it discouraging and depressing to shop for exercise equipment when I was close to the 300 mark...it was hard to find stuff that would support my weight.

I just found my fitbit charger after having lost it like a year ago. I'm trying to be more active even though it's tough right now. My Nike+ app on my phone keeps pausing my session because I walk too slow :( so I'm not getting accurate measurements.

Does the fitbit get funny if you're a slow walker?

Basically it's measuring the "jolt" of taking a step, so unless you are walking very smoothly or holding a shopping cart (the only thing I've found a problem with) it seems to count even slow steps.

Can't join the fitbit bandwagon. I just can't justify spending that much scratch on a glorified pedometer, thought he social aspects seem like they'd be fun and help encourage me to keep up with everyone.

But, I *am* down 2 more pounds from last month. All the new jeans I bought a few months ago no longer fit properly, and I am gonna have to go get some more :D

And even better news: My wife asked me to get her a rowing machine last year. I'm finally comfortably below the safe weight limit for the machine. By the way, what's up with that? "Hey, you can use this machine only if you're a little over weight...all you really overweight people---sucks to be you"
So I got me a new pair of jeans today 2" smaller in the waist, just to see how they fit.

Perfect fit! Yay :)

BananaHands

Staff member
Been trying the C25K app to help me get back into running. It's really good at giving you prompts and not pushing you too hard.

Because the crippling losses you'd suffer would put a damper on our friendship? You're right--I couldn't handle that.

/trashtalk
Can't afford a Fitbit right now.
But I still have the shirt for walking 250 miles in 30 days from just a few years ago.
/rightbackatcha

--Patrick

My wife asked me to move the scale from the upstairs bathroom a couple weeks ago after her surgery, when she couldn't get up and down the stairs very easily.

I know 'they' say you shouldn't weigh every day, but I eat too much and gain a little, weighing helps motivate me to get back on track the very next day. So, I've been jonesing to use the scale. I weigh naked, so I couldn't really use it when it was in the kitchen.

Finally, she said I could move it back upstairs. I was so afraid that without the constant feedback, I'd have gained 5 pounds over the last 2 weeks. Nope! Lost 2. :D

We were going to return my Fitbit Alta, because as nice as it was, I didn't want to pay that price, and in the past few days, we instead got second-hand Fitbit Flex and a Charge. The Flex would constantly lose connection to my phone (and it doesn't let me see my progress), while the Charge, ironically, doesn't want to hold a charge. All that work this weekend, plus swimming and the gym this morning, and my numbers look like I've been in a coma since Friday. :mad:

I finally fixed my forms and techniques for bench, squat, and dead-lift. I have no more back pain and they're progressing again, which is a great feeling after plateauing for months on end. I should be in the 300/400/500 range within the year. :D

My sprints have been doing better than even I expected, 6:30 for a mile, hardest one yet but I'm hoping it'll get under 6 minutes before the year is over as well. All in all it's been a good year for gains.