Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

TFW you go through your news feed and find out that the soldier who crossed the border into North Korea not only had ties to your hometown... but he also graduated from the same high school as you.
:facepalm:

Dave

Staff member
TFW you go through your news feed and find out that the soldier who crossed the border into North Korea not only had ties to your hometown... but he also graduated from the same high school as you.
:facepalm:
Dude was a royal fuckup and a terrible person. He wants North Korea? Well, ya got it. Have fun, dumbass.

...Yanno, that name sounded familiar. I wonder if he visited my old neck of the woods at some point.

No way I could verify it now, though.

She seems to be a longtime anti-human trafficking advocate (like since the early 2000s) so I don’t think her being in that neccisarily makes her Qanon. Also I’m sure some of the cast just wanted a paycheck. The movie isn’t explicitly qanon, it’s just got bad vibes.

The movie isn’t explicitly qanon, it’s just got bad vibes.
The movie is pretty standard action thriller with a plot about saving some kids from human sex trafficking. Taken did a similar plot thread a long ass time ago yet isn't a QAnon classic. It's not like anyone anywhere is saying sex trafficking doesn't exist.

The reason it's become the QAnon darling seems to be tied mostly to the main actor, who is a QAnon believer himself, so it's one of those WWG1WGA things about supporting their own. That seems to be my takeaway from what little I could look into it.

The movie is pretty standard action thriller with a plot about saving some kids from human sex trafficking. Taken did a similar plot thread a long ass time ago yet isn't a QAnon classic. It's not like anyone anywhere is saying sex trafficking doesn't exist.

The reason it's become the QAnon darling seems to be tied mostly to the main actor, who is a QAnon believer himself, so it's one of those WWG1WGA things about supporting their own. That seems to be my takeaway from what little I could look into it.
Caviezel is playing the part of Tim Ballard, who the movie claims is a former government agent turned sex trafficker fighter, but in reality is a known fraud and religious kook.

Ballard founded a charity program called Operation Underground Railroad that's supposed to help victims of sex trafficking, but it's actually a qanon money funnel that overexagurrates their role in saving victims of trafficking and, in some instances, tries to revictimize them, such as one recorded incident where children rescued were illegally filmed in order to try to produce footage for a reality TV show and then later released those children without any of the help or care they promised.

The production company that distributed this movie is one that usually hucks Mormon related religious grifts but will make pretty much any propaganda you ask them to.

Ballard also claims to talk directly to god and also employs psychics to find trafficking victims

Other places I frequent call it a documentary exposing real pedophile circles, and claim that it's the "only" movie right now being constantly plagued with technical issues, fire alarms, lights going on, sound troubles, etc etc as The Libtards in Power don't want to be exposed and all that jazz.
How Soros and Clinton and whoever are influencing the technical installation in random cinemas they don't mention, oddly.

GasBandit

Staff member

Some choice bits:
Caviezel, who previously played Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, is also drawing attention to the film in other ways. For years, he's been a prominent promoter of the false, violent QAnon conspiracy theory — specifically, the baseless claim that an international cabal of elites is abusing and killing children to extract a substance called adrenochrome.

These wild claims have become deeply enmeshed with narratives about child trafficking in recent years, from the QAnon predecessor Pizzagate conspiracy theory, which falsely alleged a pizza parlor in Washington, D.C., was home to a child sex ring, to false claims that online retailer Wayfair was selling children in the guise of furniture.

In press appearances promoting Sound of Freedom, Caviezel continues to spout QAnon falsehoods. On a recent episode of former Trump adviser Steve Bannon's podcast, Caviezel claimed "the whole adrenochrome empire" is driving demand for trafficked children. "It's an elite drug that they've used for many years," he asserted, falsely claiming it is "10 times more potent than heroin" and "has some mystical qualities as far as making you look younger."

Despite Caviezel's comments, Sound of Freedom itself doesn't contain any references to adrenochrome or other conspiracy theories. It was actually filmed before QAnon conspiracy theories became a widespread phenomenon.

Executives at Angel Studios, the film's distributor, have publicly rejected any association with conspiracies. So have Tim Ballard, the former federal agent Caviezel plays in the movie, and his organization, Operation Underground Railroad. (Angel Studios declined NPR's interview request. Operation Underground Railroad did not respond to NPR's questions.)

But Ballard recently told right-wing podcadster Jordan Peterson that claimed adrenochrome harvesting is real. His statements, and Caviezel's, have an impact on how Sound of Freedom is being received, said Mike Rothschild, author of The Storm Is Upon Us: How QAnon Became a Movement, Cult, and Conspiracy Theory of Everything.

"It's being marketed to QAnon believers, it's being embraced by this community and its leading actor is a huge part of the QAnon community," he said.

Been seeing a lot of astroturfing for this one. Theatres being bought up and having empty seats, Facebook comments praising it, etc.

GasBandit

Staff member
Seems like the whole "Small Town" kerfluffle might actually be an engineered attempt to bury a different Jason Aldean story -

GasBandit

Staff member
And fox is not to be outdone... they'll see your "slavery was good for black people" and RAISE you "the holocaust was good for Jews."

Meanwhile, in California:
Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania:
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAAA

—Patrick

My kneejerk reaction to this is to see an ailing old man with a family and feel a deep sympathy, but then I remember who he is and what he's done and fuck him.
My kneejerk reaction was "remind me what party is always harping on about the old age and failings of the other party's candidate again?", but that's because I'm an embittered bastard.