Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

My great grandparents were 96 and almost 100 when they died, and they looked almost 20 years younger than McConnell. But when you spend so much of your time being an absolute ghoul, I guess you start to look the part.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hope Klannie Oakley is ready to get up and leave her work meeting to drive to her kid's school every single time one of her rancid crotchfruit skins their knee on the playground. Oh you want the school nurse to do that? But "healthcare has no place in public schools"

According the the Twitter X whateverIDGAF fact check under his ...is this a Tweet anymore?-He's about 465 days too early to request this. But when is honesty or accuracy a factor in politics anymore?
Yes, it's not about accuracy, it's about the fact he snuck in 1488, which is a well known neo-nazi "dogwhistle" that white supremacists' use to find each other. Either he thought he was being super clever, or he just does not care and openly wants people to know he thought Hitler had the right idea.

It says something about him that this wasn't put in the Milkshake Duck thread since there wasn't really anybody out there who thought of him as a pre-reveal MD anyway.

--Patrick

I just assume this is the equivalent of all the misspellings and other errors you get in those Nigerian prince emails, deliberately placed there so as to weed out the people who would be too smart to fall for it anyway.

—Patrick

Brain Drain in Florida

It's no surprise that professors are starting to leave after DeSantis and his goons spent the past year riling up their white trash voters against educators. Speaking as a history professor, I wouldn't want to teach at a Florida university. At the very least I'd have to sacrifice my professional integrity.

GasBandit

Staff member
Senator is a statewide election. He’s in there because a majority of Kentucky keeps on voting him in.
It's bizarre because Kentucky's Governor is a Democrat, elected in 2019, and before that he was Attorney General (elected in 2015).

So CLEARLY a majority of KY voters demonstrably CAN and HAVE voted Democrat. But mysteriously, that never seems to happen for Mitch's Senate seat.

It's bizarre because Kentucky's Governor is a Democrat, elected in 2019, and before that he was Attorney General (elected in 2015).

So CLEARLY a majority of KY voters demonstrably CAN and HAVE voted Democrat. But mysteriously, that never seems to happen for Mitch's Senate seat.
Well a majority of KY voters on an off off year election cycle which can’t possibly be the majority of KY voters.

Also don’t think it’s overly mysterious that McConnell would be able to marshal significantly more resources for his re-elections than somebody with the name Blevins.