Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

But urban people actually know what's good for rural people better than they do.
I rated this "funny" because, well, I couldn't choose.
On the one hand, this is true. A LOT of people, especially when voting Republican, are voting directly against their own best interest.
On the other hand, intellectual leftist elites saying this and being horribly paternal about it, is exactly why those rural voters vote the way they do.
On the gripping hand, the white rural community simply isn't anywhere close to a majority, and that they have a pretty much 50% say in how your country is run ins ridiculous.

Fun little story, but Jaime Harrison, the guy running against Lindsey Graham, has been flush for cash and has been taking out a lot of negative attack ads. The thing is, he isn't directing them at Lindsey Graham, but instead independent conservative candidate Bill Bledsoe. Bill dropped out of the race and endorsed Graham, but did so too late to remove his name from the election ballot. The ads, which focus on Bill being too conservative and a bigger ally to Trump then Graham, could set the stage for a split vote with conservatives who felt Graham has been too lenient, or not enough of an ally to Trump. It's pretty devious.

On the one hand, I don't think it will work to an extreme. Conservatives that vote Republican usually do it as an automatic thing, and wouldn't vote for an independent candidate anyways. However, considering how close the race is, even drawing away a handful of idiots who simply want to stick it to the libs could make or break their senate race.

Dave

Staff member
IF they will be counted. And add in the fact that the major networks will "call the election" well before all votes are counted and you have quite the upcoming clusterfuck. If they call it for Trump and then mail-in ballots flip states, you'll see shit you only see on TV from other countries.

IF they will be counted. And add in the fact that the major networks will "call the election" well before all votes are counted and you have quite the upcoming clusterfuck. If they call it for Trump and then mail-in ballots flip states, you'll see shit you only see on TV from other countries.
I doubt any network other than fox will try to call it. If it goes for Trump on election night, and no one calls it, he’ll just call it fake news, since they call it every year. Then start attacking mail in ballots.

Dave

Staff member
Whenever anyone says all military people are heroes I point to shit like this. No, they absolutely are NOT all heroes. I could tell stories about some of the yahoos I served with.

Whenever anyone says all military people are heroes I point to shit like this. No, they absolutely are NOT all heroes. I could tell stories about some of the yahoos I served with.

I used to know someone who did background checks for the military when they wanted to give someone security clearance. She used to say it completely destroyed what she thought of the military after seeing how much human trash gets recruited.

figmentPez

Staff member
I doubt any network other than fox will try to call it. If it goes for Trump on election night, and no one calls it, he’ll just call it fake news, since they call it every year. Then start attacking mail in ballots.
OANN exists, and they most certainly will call it for Trump if it's anything less than a landslide (and maybe even then).

OANN exists, and they most certainly will call it for Trump if it's anything less than a landslide (and maybe even then).
I'm pretty sure that already called it for him. They are going to say he won, no matter what the votes look like. If he lost every state in a landslide they would just claim that Democrats stole the election, fake ballots, dead people/pets voting, etc.

The stress is killing me. I am pretty positive most of the time since so many more people are voting then in 2016, but there is that little part of me that is just like "He might win again or steal it." and it's pounding the walls of my brain constantly. I can get no rest.

Dave

Staff member
I'm going to do my part and then let it go. It'll either be really good or really bad and it'll be out of my hands at that point.

I try not to stress on things over which I have no control.

figmentPez

Staff member
I would argue they only became influential once Trump took office and they started parroting for him to get his attention.
How does that change my point? Yeah, they were a crappy network most people had never heard of, but now they're one of the news networks for Trump supporters and conservative christians. They got there because Trump promoted them, but they got there. It's a terrible thing that people are paying attention to them, but what they say about the election can influence what some fanatical people will do. If OANN says that Trump won the election and that conflicts with reality, then it very well could cause a violent reaction.

"There's nothing explosive in the air. Well, maybe oxygen, but it's not going to react right now."

What about methane? It has quite a presence recently.

"I wouldn't call methane a major component of the air."

There's enough to be explosive. You can't deny that.

"I would argue that it's only ready to explode because an incompetent caused a gas leak."

That would be my point.

Intelligent, Articulate and Factual Takedown of one corrupt Oedipus. But that question is like "I've never seen any Road Runner cartoons, but why is this like a 'Wile E. Coyote - Super Genius' moment'?"

Summary: about 9 million people in Texas voted in 2016 in the presidential election.
So far, more people than that have already voted in early voting this year.