Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Someone needs to get Jay Rockefeller on the phone and ask him what would Robert Byrd do? The man knew the Senate rules better than anyone.

Is this where I can make a small political rant about the MAGA kids? Because I want to make a small political rant about the MAGA kids. Either way-HERE I GO-those kids are dicks, their parents failed to raise them right, and at least SOME OF THEM hoped to get hit on screen so they could sue who hit them for a large some of money. ENDETH THE SMALL RANT!

Also on the subject I'm working to make myself more political, to get over my fear of my idiotic followers shit-talking me on Twitter for my left-leaning political beliefs....or opinions on the Simpsons, honestly its more me not caring what strangers think.

Getting in the grill of a Native American Vietnam vet is some shitty, POS MAGA bullshit. Fucking white kids. That smug look on that kid's face all over the video and in pictures is one of the most revolting fucking things I've ever seen.

That's the thing that jumped out the most for me: it wasn't the MAGA hat or getting in the old guy's face. It was the smugness. It screamed "I want you to hit me because then I have all the power." At some point, he looked the guy up and down, like he was sizing him up.

The whole debacle was disgusting and I hope that bratty ingrate never lives it down.

Sad thing is, he and his team probably won't see any consequences at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they receive a very gracious invitation to the White House.

His school is going to shrug about it while he laps up the attention back home. Expect some of them to start YouTube channels to try capitalizing off this.

After pressure from the Archdiocese the school is claiming they are considering expulsion.

Whether or not that actually happens, though...

Is this where I can make a small political rant about the MAGA kids? Because I want to make a small political rant about the MAGA kids. Either way-HERE I GO-those kids are dicks, their parents failed to raise them right, and at least SOME OF THEM hoped to get hit on screen so they could sue who hit them for a large some of money. ENDETH THE SMALL RANT!

Also on the subject I'm working to make myself more political, to get over my fear of my idiotic followers shit-talking me on Twitter for my left-leaning political beliefs....or opinions on the Simpsons, honestly its more me not caring what strangers think.
Alright, So I've been busy with school so I only heard of this story while reading about it here, and I think maybe I'm missing something.

So after a little searching, this is the video that I see used in clips when referring to this story:

In some clips, I saw comments referring to the "full" video, so I dug for that a little bit too, and found this:

And a much (much) longer version of the event here:

Initial reports made it out that the students in question approached the N.A. veteran with the intention of surrounding and mocking him. However the unclipped videos seem to show the opposite. The N.A. veteran approached the group of students, stopped directly in front of the students and continued drumming. IMGUR comments and other sources claim students were chanting "Build the wall", but I've yet to hear it in any clip, so if someone has a clip of it, I'd love to hear it. All I hear was school chants. So, all I'm seeing is a guy walking up to a group of students chanting and pounding a drum, and a clip of a student standing there with a grin on his face. I guess I was expecting to see the students being in the instigators, or perhaps trying to be violent, but I'm not seeing it. Feel free to educate if I got it wrong, though.

Initial reports made it out that the students in question approached the N.A. veteran with the intention of surrounding and mocking him. However the unclipped videos seem to show the opposite. The N.A. veteran approached the group of students, stopped directly in front of the students and continued drumming. IMGUR comments and other sources claim students were chanting "Build the wall", but I've yet to hear it in any clip, so if someone has a clip of it, I'd love to hear it. All I hear was school chants. So, all I'm seeing is a guy walking up to a group of students chanting and pounding a drum, and a clip of a student standing there with a grin on his face. I guess I was expecting to see the students being in the instigators, or perhaps trying to be violent, but I'm not seeing it. Feel free to educate if I got it wrong, though.
That's the thing I've been wondering -- what did these kids do that they deserve to be expelled? It's absolutely ok to have a negative opinion about the kid because of his hat or his attitude, but advocating for society to mandate punishment because of either is a different issue.

I'm not sure why. She's not going to get the support that certain other, already popular Democratic women would get if they announced they were running.
She won the popular vote by 3 million, so she might think she has a shot.

But it doesn't matter; those millions weren't in the places they needed to be to make a difference. Once you hit saturation levels in New York, the rest is runoff. It has to be someone who inspires people to register and hit the polls, enough to overcome the GOP cheating in places like Florida and Georgia. She just doesn't have that charisma. The next Democrat candidate needs Obama "yes we can" levels of energy, and the party needs to not choose the safe AKA boring choice, whoever that will be this time. Safe and boring doesn't inspire our generation to get off our asses.

I hate that it doesn't matter. Even if Gibbles the Goblin King is the Democrat candidate, I'll be voting blue because the opposition is a mind-controlling leech monster.

She won the popular vote by 3 million, so she might think she has a shot.

But it doesn't matter; those millions weren't in the places they needed to be to make a difference. Once you hit saturation levels in New York, the rest is runoff. It has to be someone who inspires people to register and hit the polls, enough to overcome the GOP cheating in places like Florida and Georgia. She just doesn't have that charisma. The next Democrat candidate needs Obama "yes we can" levels of energy, and the party needs to not choose the safe AKA boring choice, whoever that will be this time. Safe and boring doesn't inspire our generation to get off our asses.
Basically, we need AOC, but she's 6 years too young to run. I guess Kamala Harris it is then... unless O'Rourke runs.

Basically, we need AOC, but she's 6 years too young to run. I guess Kamala Harris it is then... unless O'Rourke runs.
I wish so bad I could vote for AOC. It'll be good for her to get the Congressional experience under her belt first though, because despite Republicans backing Trump, they will say she's too inexperienced when that time comes in however many years. That's assuming Congress doesn't infect her.

Of those who've announced they're running, Harris would be my go-to. O'Rourke is also a good choice. I don't think Warren is going to cut it, and the others whose names I can't remember are unfortunately people whose names I can't remember, so unless one of them becomes a surprise Barrack Obama, I don't know how far they're going to get. But I do expect to hear another dozen "I'm running for president" announcements in the next couple months.

If things go really well, one of them might be Mike Pence. :awesome:

I wish so bad I could vote for AOC. It'll be good for her to get the Congressional experience under her belt first though, because despite Republicans backing Trump, they will say she's too inexperienced when that time comes in however many years. That's assuming Congress doesn't infect her.

Of those who've announced they're running, Harris would be my go-to. O'Rourke is also a good choice. I don't think Warren is going to cut it, and the others whose names I can't remember are unfortunately people whose names I can't remember, so unless one of them becomes a surprise Barrack Obama, I don't know how far they're going to get. But I do expect to hear another dozen "I'm running for president" announcements in the next couple months.

If things go really well, one of them might be Mike Pence. :awesome:
I'd have had more respect for Warren if she had campaigned against Bernie.

Warren would be my choice of the current options, but yeah I can't imagine who could plausibly be the democratic nominee that I wouldn't vote for.

I love how supporters of each announced and unannounced Democrat candidate are already playing "gotcha!" over each other's choices.

Meanwhile, there's Trump. And the Republicans don't care. No one's trying to pull up That One Time on their own party, because there's Trump. There isn't a decent bone in his body.

Democrats are going to tear each other apart bad as Fox News thinking they have an angle with AOC's dancing video from high school, and we get Trump until 2024.

NRA:

Today, the men and women of the @NRA honor the profound life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. King applied for a concealed carry permit in a "may issue" state and was rightfully denied. We will never stop fighting for every white citizen's right to self-defense. #MLKDay