Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

we investigate the backgrounds of FBI / CIA / NSA agents to a much greater degree than we investigate the history of Supreme Court judges, and I want to know why.
No need to waste time investigating someone who has already shown where their loyalties lie.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I may be mistaken. The security checks I'm familiar with did talk with family and friends and delved into past associations, but nothing as deep that would have dredged this up.

Dave

Staff member
He lied about so much stuff. And not just big stuff, but little stuff. Just weird and very Trump-like.

In other news... Vermont's only black, female lawmaker has resigned, following what she describes as extensive racial harassment, and a stunning lack of response from local law enforcement. Go Vermont.

In other news... Vermont's only black, female lawmaker has resigned, following what she describes as extensive racial harassment, and a stunning lack of response from local law enforcement. Go Vermont.
Old white men chasing off all those pesky Others from positions of power, it's working! It's working! Keep it up!

Sigh.

Zappit

Staff member
I really hope they find something on this guy. Something to show what a piece of shit he really is.

Or just prove he lied under oath.

I really hope they find something on this guy. Something to show what a piece of shit he really is.

Or just prove he lied under oath.
Boy, he'd better hope they can't find any video or something of him doing it. That would be embarrassing.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump...ordered the FBI to investigate.

*faints*

I was wrong.
You could still be partially right. I'm not clear on exactly what Trump is having the FBI investigate. No article I've read has defined what the limits are of the limited investigation the FBI will be doing this week. Will they only be investigating Dr. Ford's claims? Will they be investigating all the claims made public? Flake said that he expected some witnesses to back down. Is there witness intimidation going on? Are they counting on this not being a trial in order to let them get away with witness tampering? I have a lot of questions. This whole business still stinks.

Yeah, Trump already said the investigation is "limited", thus likely will be focused on only Ford's claims and will ignore all others. He even gave it a week deadline. I am pretty sure this is just them making sure the FBI comes back with either a "We found nothing" or "We couldn't find anything in the time we had", as either of those will be a boost to Ole Kava once the vote happens. Not really feeling this is going to change anything.

If the FBI claims to find anything worth further investigation, it's a leftist Deep State plot and further proof the FBI is against him and them.
If they fail to turn up anything bad enough in the short timespan allotted, it'll be proof the democrats were lying and being evil and obstructionist.
How can he lose, in the eyes of his followers?

I'm guessing Trump is ordering the FBI investigation of Kavanaugh because he thinks that means the entire FBI, so they will pause Mueller's investigation.

Because that's how that works. :rolleyes:

His followers already don't care if he's guilty.

BOYS'RE'LL'BE'BOYZZZ
To be fair, his opponents probably don't care if he's innocent either. Throughout this entire affair my thoughts have been, "This is why we have a legal system, right?". I'm not a fan how the left and right these days both engage in old Chinese-style struggle sessions.

I mean, yeah, opposition couldn't be about his outbursts, lying, past, or general distaste for his "I deserve this" attitude. Not like Republicans were against Hillary for these reasons not 2 years ago.

But what the hell, lets put a guy like that on the highest court in the land for a lifetime appointment, just for politics sake.

Christ, I wasn't a fan of Gorsuch, but at least he is qualified. This guy is a joke. His strength of character is lacking, and it was evident in that charade put on the other day.

figmentPez

Staff member
Wow, I'm so surprised. A rapist is stopping another rapist from being properly investigated. Who could possibly have predicted such a thing? I for one am shocked that criminals do not like the idea of criminals being held accountable.

/SARCASM

figmentPez

Staff member
Holy fuck, what a shitshow. Press secretary Sanders says "the Senate is determining the scope" , Trump lied "[the FBI] have free rein to do whatever they have to do."

They're determined to confuse as many people as they can, and I wish I could say that they'll fail. People are stupid, though, and they'll assume finding the truth is too hard, and just believe whatever helps them sleep at night.