Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Dave

Staff member
Russia is also saying that Trump gave them verbal assurances and made verbal agreements. And nobody knows what those are.

I mean, considering what I do for a living, I’m not exactly happy with the rather casual attitude the current government seems to have towards online privacy and policy, but it’s not like I expect they’re going to find anyone BETTER at it, especially on such short notice. I mean, this isn’t exactly a profession you qualify for by taking a 90-day class from ITT Technical Institute*.

—Patrick
*yes I know they’re defunct

Dave

Staff member
Oh NOW Manafort isn't going to be on a witch hunt. Everything else is a lie, but not the stuff about Bernie's guy. You watch.

And I absolutely refuse to believe (until proof is offered) that Bernie knows anything that was going on. Dude is such a straight arrow.

B

BErt

And I absolutely refuse to believe (until proof is offered) that Bernie knows anything that was going on. Dude is such a straight arrow.
The pointing fingers of social media are jumping on how he was 1 of only 2 senators to vote against the sanctions originally. And then same day this info comes out he is publicly speaking about demanding that Trump act on Russia.

I dunno man. Everything is a circus.

Dave

Staff member
Well the guy did these emails BEFORE joining Bernie, so I think I can be cautiously optimistic. Maybe he got played as well.

Oh NOW Manafort isn't going to be on a witch hunt. Everything else is a lie, but not the stuff about Bernie's guy. You watch.

Bernie's actually kind of a scumbag... he routinely uses election tricks in his home state to deny other liberals the chance to run against him by letting people nominate him for the Democrat primary, winning it, and then refusing to take the seat... instead running as an independent later in the year, which he wins handily every time.

Bernie's actually kind of a scumbag... he routinely uses election tricks in his home state to deny other liberals the chance to run against him by letting people nominate him for the Democrat primary, winning it, and then refusing to take the seat... instead running as an independent later in the year, which he wins handily every time.
If he wins the Democratic primary, then he not stopping other liberals from running against him, he's just beating them at the primary stage. If he's going to run as an independent out of personal preference regardless of the fact that he's the Democratic candidate as well, doing it this way prevents a Republican from winning the general election if he and another liberal candidate were to split the liberal votes. Unless he loses the primary and still runs as an independent, there's nothing scumbag-y about it, it's actually the most responsible way to do it.

Last edited:
If he wins the Democratic primary, then he not stopping other liberals from running against him, he's just beating them at the primary stage. If he's going to run as an independent out of personal preference regardless of the fact that he's the Democratic candidate as well, doing it this way prevents a Republican from winning the general election if he and another liberal candidate were to split the liberal votes. Unless he loses the primary and still runs as an independent, there's nothing scumbag-y about it, it's actually the most responsible way to do it.
Ranked choice voting!
/GasBandit

Massachusetts sets its own laws in order in the event of Roe v. Wade repeal.

This reminds me, I should check how individual states are doing with their net neutrality laws.