Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Yes. Yes it is.
Ha! The only benefit to cheetos trade war with China.

Apparently the McRib is only brought back when pork drops below a certain value. China the 3rd largest American pork buying country in the world has stopped buying it completely, almost collapsing the market.

I'm sure because there is competition, the free market will work it out. Everything will be just fine. Yay, invisible hand!
Alternatively: What the fuck was the FDA doing? Don't they test for this shit? Or is talcum powder exempt from their testing for some reason?

Alternatively: What the fuck was the FDA doing? Don't they test for this shit? Or is talcum powder exempt from their testing for some reason?
Nope. Asbestos is frequently found naturally with talc, but supposedly talcum powder has been “asbestos-free” since the 70’s. Except that it apparently hasn’t.
But it seems pediatricians have been advising against mixing babies and talcum powder anyway since the early 80’s due to its mineral nature, so...there’s that.

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
FDA Talc

They did testing back in 2009 - 2010 BUT they were reliant on companies giving them samples (only four of nine did), or purchasing end products to test (I couldn't find any sort of indication of how many products they bought). If a giant company like J&J has inside information on when and where product purchasing will occur, they can game the system big time. The FDA does not test regularly, suppliers are not required to do testing, and even if their end product gets caught they may still have deniability.

In short, they're pretty much toothless when it comes to enforcing the existing regulations.

Even back in 2002 when I had first had a kid, baby powder was not recommended on babies, and if you did still want to use it, you were told to avoid talc based and use cornstarch based.

figmentPez

Staff member
Baby powder is what's making headlines, but a lot of other products use the same talc (make-up, deodorant, crayons, chewing gum, paint, paper, plastics, and it is even applied to plants as a carrier for insecticides and fungicides). Also, baby powder gets used for things other than babies. There are lawsuits alleging it causes ovarian cancer when used as a "feminine hygiene" product.

If I recall correctly, a lot of default passwords were set to like "00000000" or something that could be entered really fast in a crisis.

The asshole said immigrants make the country "dirtier" when they come to the US. I think advertisers have a right to take their money elsewhere.

You know, there was a time I at least gave Fox News some credit, because a lot of the earlier shows actually had moderate and often assuring voices that were not strapped to Trump's dick. It was mostly when the late shows came on that it just keeps turning into a shit show.

Then I found out about Fox Nation. For those that don't know, it's an app that allows you to watch all your "favorites" like Fox and Friends anchors doing cooking shows with the Trump kids, or Pirro screaming about liberals, all in a handy easy to download app.

What's stupid about it? The app only works during the early hours and "shuts down" once the Fox News "prime-time" madness starts up. They are literally competing with their own early more moderate news segments but make sure you are a-okay for watching Tucker Carlson tell people that immigrants make us dirtier. Now you can just hear hate speech and feel scared truely 24/7. Hurrah!

Lose election to the senate after a disgusting ad campaign calling your opponent a literal ISIS member, get appointed to the senate two months later by governor.
John McCain's last act on this earth was putting off his death just until it was too late for his seat to be decided by election in 2018. Burn in hell.

John McCain's last act on this earth was putting off his death just until it was too late for his seat to be decided by election in 2018. Burn in hell.
That's too far. You can't curse someone for not dying in order to help your political goals.

I know you're into hyperbole and all, but c'mon.

That's too far. You can't curse someone for not dying in order to help your political goals.

I know you're into hyperbole and all, but c'mon.
He could've resigned too. The fact that he didn't and also made a decision when to die means that I can and will.

No, he didn't "make a decision" when to die. Though I agree with the whole "call your opponent a terrorist sympathizer, lose the election, get named to the senate anyways" thing being foul, you don't "plan" to die.

Dude, you're going back on my ignore list again until you can - and pardon my French - grow the fuck up.

He made a choice to cease treatment then died two days later. He decided to stop fighting it and just go. I'd have no problem with that if the politics behind the timing weren't obvious. Again, he could've resigned when it was obviously the end.