Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

A car plowed through people protesting against the Nazi march.
Well, hiding the vehicle is going to be difficult, and with the potential for having a dozen or more counts each of murder, assault, etc. levied at him, it shouldn't be too hard to secure a conviction on the video evidence alone, assuming any of the footage places the eventual suspect as actually being in the car at the time.
Almost 16 months later, the verdict is in:

The Daily Beast said:
Fields was also found guilty on five counts of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count of failing to stop at an accident involving a death.
All of this on top of the 30-count hate crime indictment brought against him by the Department of Justice.
source

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
On the same note, the feds are calling for "substantial" jail time for Cohen. While I like that, I have two caveats. First, Cohen will probably serve in a white collar jail. Ooh aah. Second, "substantial" for a rich guy seems to be a MAX of 5 years, but will probably be more like 2-2 1/2. Fuck that. He should be tried as a poor black man.

At the risk of reigniting all the discussions, but sorta speaking to Gas’ “posted prices” or FMV argument:
WELCOME TO OUR MODERN HOSPITAL WHERE IF YOU WANT TO KNOW A PRICE YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF
What’s that? You want a reasonable price quote, upfront, for our services? Sorry, let me explain a hospital to you: we give you medical care, then we charge whatever the hell we want for it.

If you don’t like that, go fuck yourself and die.
[...]
Yes, ma’am, as a matter of fact, we do have a special room where you can go fuck yourself. Yes, it does cost money to use the room, and no I cannot tell you how much. Want a hint? It’s between $1 and $35,000 per minute. Will you be reserving the go fuck yourself room?
—Patrick

Well, Canada arrested the CEO of Huawei at the behest of our southern neighbors, China retaliated by arresting our own nationals and then Trump FUCKS EVERYTHING UP by using her as a bargaining chip in his bullshit trade war.

Yeah I knew about the Phone Wars as well, but none of this seemed to me like enough for the SHUT. EVERYTHING. DOWN. reaction I'm seeing.

--Patrick

The Chinese tourism bit is partly driven by their new social points system too, isn't it? If your score is too low, they ban you from flying out of the country. They are worried you are going to embarrass China internationally.

It's pretty fucked up and one of the main reasons people are asking for Asylum; if your score is too low (or your parents score, or a relative's score...) then you basically can't DO anything in China except work crap jobs and stay where you are.

By the way, Tencent, who's launching a rival for Steam in China and I think hold more stock in Epic Games than anyone else, are trying to use Epic to rival Steam in the rest of the world are major architects of this social credit bullshit.

By the way, Tencent, who's launching a rival for Steam in China and I think hold more stock in Epic Games than anyone else, are trying to use Epic to rival Steam in the rest of the world are major architects of this social credit bullshit.
If by rest of the world, you mean China and South Korea, you'd be correct. Anywhere else has access to the same Triple A content that Steam already has and the mobile markets (which are where the real money is in that part of the world) are already locked up.

Dave

Staff member
Anyone else watching what's going on in Hungary? Their government has started passing very undemocratic laws that is an insane power grab for the ruling party and big business.

The two latest are real doozies.

Hungarians are protesting in the streets right now & clashing with police. The EU is so far nowhere in sight although this flies directly in the face of EU worker's rights.

Yay for more far right governments!

Hungarians are protesting in the streets right now & clashing with police. The EU is so far nowhere in sight although this flies directly in the face of EU worker's rights.

Well maybe said workers shouldn't have told the EU to go fuck itself by repeatedly voting for the guy that's currently doing this shit because he promised a wall (well, fence) to keep the scary immigrants out.

Orban's been like this for years.

If by rest of the world, you mean China and South Korea, you'd be correct. Anywhere else has access to the same Triple A content that Steam already has and the mobile markets (which are where the real money is in that part of the world) are already locked up.
I meant that Tencent owns most of Epic, so Epic's game store is basically another arm of Tencent. The Epic game store is the one trying to compete with Steam outside of China with all of the exclusives they've bought.