Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I don't know how much of it is covered in the US media. It's an election day here in Germany tomorrow. The members of the Bundestag will be elected and they elect the new Chancellor. So there is a chance that Trump and Erdogan have to deal with somebody else than Merkel.

But let's be real. It will be four more years of Merkel.

I don't know how much of it is covered in the US media. It's an election day here in Germany tomorrow. The members of the Bundestag will be elected and they elect the new Chancellor. So there is a chance that Trump and Erdogan have to deal with somebody else than Merkel.

But let's be real. It will be four more years of Merkel.
Well, she might form a coalition on the left instead of the right this time.

Well, she might form a coalition on the left instead of the right this time.
Right now Merkel's party the CDU (centre-right) formed a great coalition with the SPD (centre-left). More left would only be the Left Party but the CDU would never form a coalition with them.

Getting aggravated by the clickbait article titles that North Korea released Photoshopped images of American military, depicting destruction caused by North Korea. See how I phrased it with that it was not real first? The articles phrase it as "North Korea attacks American aircraft carrier ... in doctored photos" or "North Korea shoots missile at Air Force bomber ... in fake propaganda imagery." A lot of people aren't going to read the whole title. They know exactly what they're fucking doing.

Dave

Staff member
But the kneeling has nothing to do with race and is all about shitting on the flag! That's what I heard!

Small town fire chief makes a post to Facebook saying Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is added to "the list of no good Niggers." It went over about as well as you might expect. Alas, another victim of economic anxiety.
The guy who said it really regrets the fact that everyone noticed, though. Surely that must be worth something!

Stupid asshole. He whines about how this blew up in the media and protests the idea that he's a racist. How dare people hold him accountable for the things he said! It's as though words have meaning!

What did he honestly think was going to happen?

So, how bout Trump refusing to lift shipping restrictions to Puerto Rico, despite the little protectorate desperately needing it to be helped after being savaged by the latest hurricane?

Dave

Staff member
So, how bout Trump refusing to lift shipping restrictions to Puerto Rico, despite the little protectorate desperately needing it to be helped after being savaged by the latest hurricane?
The same restrictions he lifted for Texas and Florida, by the way. I'll bet it has nothing to do with the fact that Texas and Florida are red states and Puerto Rico is filled with brown people.

GasBandit

Staff member
The only times in living memory where rising federal debt did not outpace inflation have been when congress and the oval office were held by different parties.

Republicans love to spend just as much as Democrats, just on different things.

Dave

Staff member
The deficit under the new tax plan would absolutely explode. We'd be cutting our income dramatically while having no way to pay the bills. It's insane. But since it helps rich people out really, really well, the republicans are all over it.

According to some sources, it's more like 11 million millionaires.
But it's the billionaires who are really resting easy. All 550 or so of them.

--Patrick
Yeah, but most of those millionaires don't even qualify for the estate tax. This is a rich of the rich victory.

I'm loath to go with a blanket fuck Wisconsin, but Ron Johnson has taken being a total piece of shit to a new low.

Anyone who voted for him or anyone like him needs to take a long, hard look at themselves. Just what kind of fucking monster are you?

UK Home Secretary Amber Rudd has accused tech companies of sneering at politicians who are trying to regulate their industry. This is the same Amber Rudd who says she doesn't want "back doors" built into the encryption used by messaging apps - she just wants the government & security services to be able to access what was sent using these apps, and doesn't see how that could possibly introduce a whopping great flaw in the security of these apps. The same Amber Rudd that says she doesn't need to understand how encryption works to be able to legislate on it. The same Amber Rudd that wants social media companies to block extremist content BEFORE it's even uploaded.

They're not sneering at you Amber. They're appalled at your wilful ignorance on the subject.