Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Whoa whoa whoa... such LANGUAGE in the political thread! Maybe it's best you take a step back and cool off, mister. I can't remember the last time I've read words laced with such venom! What would the versions of us of 10 or 12 years ago have thought?!
My apologies, sir. I shall be more thoughtful of my words in the future ;)

What a total dipshit. Most people would have forgotten that episode by now if he had just dropped it. I look forward to this suit's eventual dismissal.
I see him going to the WV Legislature and demanding more tax breaks to help fund the lawsuit.

I also see the legislature giving it to him. Regardless of the party in power. (separate subject: the only way to fix WV at this point is to depopulate the state and start over with fresh voters. :p)

I see him going to the WV Legislature and demanding more tax breaks to help fund the lawsuit.

I also see the legislature giving it to him. Regardless of the party in power. (separate subject: the only way to fix WV at this point is to depopulate the state and start over with fresh voters. :p)
Hell, the Okies knew when to look for greener pastures during the Dust Bowl...

Dave

Staff member
Wow this thing is a piece of shit and it's going to pass. And there's nothing we can do about it because they just don't give a shit.

Ha ha ha, there's a clause granting tax breaks to providers that pay CEOs more than 500,000 all while putting as many ways to deny coverage as possible into it.

Just fucking evil man.

No wonder the stocks of all those companies are soaring.

Currently there are 4 Republican Senators opposing the bill-

Rand Paul
Ted Cruz
Ron Johnson
Mike Lee

Though, they are 'open to negotiation'.

Which I suppose is like having them set up like in The Price Is Right, except for the part about "without going over."

Any time I see a picture of Mitch McConnell smiling, I worry.

--Patrick
You and me both. He looks like the turtle that swallowed the canary.

And yet voters would rather be beaten and robbed by the Republicans, then refuse an ambulance ride to the hospital because it was driven by a Democrat.[DOUBLEPOST=1498175789,1498175703][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh look, John McCain once again complains, but then just plans to vote lockstep anyways. :rolleyes:
Maverick. Just another word for coward. :rolleyes:

There's no perfect forum for this, so here's where it's going: Supreme Court clears way to B.C. class-action against Facebook
The Supreme Court of Canada has ruled that a clause in Facebook’s terms of use is “unenforceable” in this country, clearing the way for a Vancouver woman to sue the social media giant for what she claims was a breach of her privacy.
Facebook had argued that its terms of use require that disputes be resolved in California, where it’s based, according to California law.
In a 4-3 decision issued on Friday, the Supreme Court ruled that clause unenforceable in Canada.

Douez’s proposed class-action lawsuit includes all B.C. residents who had their name or picture used in sponsored stories. The estimated size of the class is 1.8 million people.
I support the idea that a terms of service has limits on how binding it can be, especially considering multinationals. If you do right or wrong to a person in a country, you must litigate in THEIR country. It's contract law, so which country was it signed in? Apparently Canada.

It's a lot more clear-cut with something like Amazon or Google who have EXPLICIT subsidiaries incorporated in Canada. For a company that doesn't (which Facebook may not), apparently this is the ruling for Canada on that question.

It was Rob.
Doug was robbed, aye.

. . . but yeah, I know it was Rob. The hate just came flooding back all the same when I read the senator's name. It's a scar, a wound that never healed, a hurt I've never forgiven, an act that drove me into the arms of another team.

And the Patriots have treated me oh so goooood.

In all seriousness though, the media and funding of subversive group stuff is eerily similar. And why this is especially scary is that Turkey is a NATO member, and thus if attacked...
... our current administration would almost certainly leave them in lurch? Because the dissolution of NATO is something Putin's wanted forever?

Our current government is not the kind that honors deals. Donald didn't get rich paying people what they were owed.

... our current administration would almost certainly leave them in lurch? Because the dissolution of NATO is something Putin's wanted forever?

Our current government is not the kind that honors deals. Donald didn't get rich paying people what they were owed.
I don't have time to do the math, but how much of daddy's handouts are still in play? Has he made even one dollar on his own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fun fact: a cop recently got away with killing a nonviolent man just because he was carrying a gun that he was legally licensed to carry while in the process of getting his carry permit.

Fun fact 2: the man was black

Fun fact 3: despite being obstensibly an organization to protect gun rights and gun owners, the NRA has not issued a statement on this

Fun fact: a cop recently got away with killing a nonviolent man just because he was carrying a gun that he was legally licensed to carry while in the process of getting his carry permit.

Fun fact 2: the man was black

Fun fact 3: despite being obstensibly an organization to protect gun rights and gun owners, the NRA has not issued a statement on this
For reference on the Philando Castile shooting:

After the shooting, his girlfriend was handcuffed and held in a police car:

The officer has been fired. (ABC News)

Philando Castile's family has reached a $3 million dollar settlement with the city. (The New York Times)

The statement released by the NRA :

As the nation’s largest and oldest civil rights organization, the NRA proudly supports the right of law-abiding Americans to carry firearms for defense of themselves and others regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation.

The reports from Minnesota are troubling and must be thoroughly investigated. In the meantime, it is important for the NRA not to comment while the investigation is ongoing.

Rest assured, the NRA will have more to say once all the facts are known.​

Contrast this with an editorial by David French, writing for the National Review:

Philando Castile was quite literally following the police officer’s instructions when he was shot. The officer asked for his license and told him not to reach for his gun. Castile reached for his license while verbally assuring the officer that he was not reaching for his gun. The officer shot him anyway.

It’s imperative that juries understand that not all fear is reasonable, and some officers simply and wrongly panic.

The vast majority of officers are up to that challenge. A few are not. They must be held accountable. Justice demands no less.​