Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

"arguing on the internet is pointless because you have 0% chance of changing anybody's mind." And we've been at this so long the same arguments keep coming around and around and around.
I don't know about that... i haven't seen you use the ol' "we're a republic, not a democracy" thing in quite a while...

What if i pass a law that says you have to sacrifice a new born each new moon (best way to make sure those peskly lawful good paladins can't come visit)?

Do you take breaks from your protest to find one each time?

Life is complicated, which is why i find statements like yours too broad to work.
Okay, yeah, under extreme circumstances - like your proposed law that is so fucking nuts no regime no matter how extreme or axe-crazy has ever instituted *in recorded history* - you clearly don't have to obey that law. But if you can't see a helluva lot of room between respecting the rule of law & "Welp, it's the new moon. Time to get my legally required baby-killing done." then I don't know how to discuss this with you.

I'm just gonna leave this here as WVU goes for yet another yet another yet another NCAA rifle Championship...

Those neckbeards in the earlier pictures would probably end up in a crying heap before figuring out how to work this baby... :p

Okay, yeah, under extreme circumstances - like your proposed law that is so fucking nuts no regime no matter how extreme or axe-crazy has ever instituted *in recorded history* - you clearly don't have to obey that law. But if you can't see a helluva lot of room between respecting the rule of law & "Welp, it's the new moon. Time to get my legally required baby-killing done." then I don't know how to discuss this with you.
It's almost like i used an unrealistic scenario to prove a point without getting into real life examples that would muddy the waters or lead to Godwin-ing accusations.

That being said, the Aztecs came close with the whole ritual sacrifice thing.

And now Sessions has rescinded the DoJ's previous stance on pulling back support for private prisons. He wants more.

Of course he does.

Last edited:
Delta is brushing it off as a "security measure," but CBP was demanding identification as passengers left a flight from SF to JFK.

We have reached full "papers please" fascism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GasBandit

Staff member
Delta is brushing it off as a "security measure," but CBP was demanding identification as passengers left a flight from SF to JFK.

We have reached full "papers please" fascism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pfft, we hit that almost immediately after 9/11. I've had to show my driver's license every time I've flown, since, at the minimalist kabuki theater they call "airport security."

Pfft, we hit that almost immediately after 9/11. I've had to show my driver's license every time I've flown, since, at the minimalist kabuki theater they call "airport security."
This was as people were disembarking from the flight. The flight attendant was even quoted as announcing "please have your papers ready" as the plane taxied to the gate. A bit different from having to show ID at check in.

The Arizona senate has approved a new bill aimed at so-called "paid protestors". The bill is ridiculously over-board and has enormous potential to abused:

SB1142 expands the state’s racketeering laws, now aimed at organized crime, to also include rioting. And it redefines what constitutes rioting to include actions that result in damage to the property of others.
But the real heart of the legislation is what Democrats say is the guilt by association — and giving the government the right to criminally prosecute and seize the assets of everyone who planned a protest and everyone who participated.

Necronic

Staff member
Here's a great interview with Tucker Carlson and Bill Nye on climate change. I say great, not because it's of any actual quality, but because it is such a clear example of how absurd the argument from Tucker's side is.