Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

In retrospect, I'm probably only about 60% certain (so barely out of the "idk" territory) on the direction Scalia would go on this. I'll have to see if I can dig any interviews or writings after work.

Necronic

Staff member
Ok I'm in rampage mode a bit so I'm gonna keep going off on guns for a second.

I really hate gun fetishists so much. My family armory is large. Like Ruby Ridge large. And I think guns are cool and more people should get exposure to them.

But fuck me do I hate fetishists. There are so many people out there that fetishize guns and clearly don't know a god damn thing about how they work.

For people on the left, hey fine they don't like guns that's great you at least have an excuse for not understanding. But the right wing jackoffs who fetishize guns piss me off to no end. If you're going to like guns at least take the time to learn about them.

I've seen so many jackoff range ninja types over the years and I am spoooooo tired of them. As a gun enthusiast I vastly prefer some shrill liberal who's never held a gun being afraid of them to some dickhead putting a laser sight on his snub-nose 38.

Or the fucktards who rapid fire on the range.

Or the shitbirds who don't listen to the range master and squeeze off a round after cease fire is called.

Or the guy shooting steel on the wrong range.

Some of these mistakes are due to inexperience, and that's ok, people make mistakes. I'm personally not super experienced. But it's the arrogance and the cockyness and attitude of the range ninjas that piss me off more than anything.

You remember the jackoffs open carrying in a Red Robin that took those pictures? Absolute, blatant range ninjas. Like you could tell those guys went out and bought the guns that they thought would look the absolute coolest. And it was blatantly obvious that neither of them could have hoofed their guns half a mile if asked.

Want to know my favorite 2 guns? M1 carbine (.30) and a Winchester 3030. My guess is that most of these guys go straight for the .223, I wonder how many of them have even held a 1911. Like there is a rich and wide world of guns out there but I swear with half of these fuckheads if it doesn't have rails on it it's not worth looking at.

I really wish more people had more normal exposure to guns.

Guns are awesome.

Gun fetishists are sad and gross.

Totally unrelated, but you just wrote a pretty great copypasta.

Ok I'm in rampage mode a bit so I'm gonna keep going off on animes for a second.

I really hate anime fetishists so much. My family collection is large. Like Japan large. And I think animes are cool and more people should get exposure to them.

But fuck me do I hate fetishists. There are so many people out there that fetishize animes and clearly don't know a god damn thing about how they work.

For people on the left, hey fine they don't like animes that's great you at least have an excuse for not understanding. But the right wing jackoffs who fetishize animes piss me off to no end. If you're going to like animes at least take the time to learn about them.

I've seen so many jackoff dub ninja types over the years and I am spoooooo tired of them. As a anime enthusiast I vastly prefer some shrill liberal who's never watched a anime being afraid of them to some dickhead putting a Linkin Park song on his AMV.

Or the fucktards who hardcode subs.

Or the shitbirds who don't listen to the licensing deal happens and torrent stuff after cease distribution is called.

Or the guy dropping hentai on the wrong tracker.

Some of these mistakes are due to inexperience, and that's ok, people make mistakes. I'm personally not super experienced. But it's the arrogance and the cockyness and attitude of the dub ninjas that piss me off more than anything.

You remember the jackoffs open watching in a Red Robin that took those pictures? Absolute, blatant dub ninjas. Like you could tell those guys went out and bought the animes that they thought would look the absolute coolest. And it was blatantly obvious that neither of them could have hoofed their animes half a mile if asked.

Want to know my favorite 2 animes? Strike Witches and Hellsing Ultimate. My guess is that most of these guys go straight for the Naruto, I wonder how many of them have even held a Cowboy Bebop. Like there is a rich and wide world of animes out there but I swear with half of these fuckheads if it doesn't have waifus on it it's not worth looking at.

I really wish more people had more normal exposure to animes.

Animes are awesome.

Anime fetishists are sad and gross.

I don't think you quite understood the point I was making there. A lot of the democrat argument for stricter gun control and increasingly socialized health care is that "literally all of the rest of the civilized world does this, why do we have to be so backwards" and yet the rest of the world also has much tighter immigration controls and much less leniency on illegal aliens (especially Mexico), but suddenly the "rest of the world" comparison no longer applies there. I was highlighting the inconstancy, not actually saying we should be more like the rest of the world for its own sake.
And i was pointing out that "the rest of the world" has way too many different takes on that sort of stuff to make that "comparison" in either case. You can only pick an actual country, or bloc of countries that have some sort of agreement about laws, if you want to compare.

Absolutely not. Sanctuary cities are currently one of the great instances of "constitutional dissonance," and part of what encourages further illegal immigration. Government officials must enforce the law or step down, same as Kim Davis. If officials pick and choose what they will enforce and what they won't, the rule of law - which is the very foundation of our country - crumbles. That way lies either anarchy or despotism.
Yeah, they're not exactly the best compromise.

But if you really want to help trafficked people, stopping immigration won't do it... they'll get abused where they're from, just for less money to the abusers.

I'd like to think we're not as bad off as Romania, but the pessimist in me says we're as like heading that way more each day, in which case this entire thread is moot, as laws will cease to have meaning and collapse will be imminent.
Well... how are your roads.

Frankly, it wouldn't be so bad over here if they actually invested in stuff 1st and then stole... but we're paying more for km of highway then Germany, and it still isn't 100% done (the road prt is done at least), though you can finally go form the capital to the sea in 3 hours now... and it started in the late 80's...

Necronic

Staff member
Here's a nice gun fetishist/range ninja for any ladies out there looking for that special someone (maybe a wee bit nsfw)

GasBandit

Staff member
Here's a nice gun fetishist/range ninja for any ladies out there looking for that special someone (maybe a wee bit nsfw)

The most hilarious part of that are the guitar hero controllers.[DOUBLEPOST=1487798350,1487798249][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well... how are your roads.
They're pretty good for the most part, though we have probably more than our share of construction, too. But definitely Road Warrior quality, should it come to that :D

Yeah, I'm with @Eriol on this one. If there's a law in your country that you feel is unjust, don't just pretend that law doesn't exist. Write to whoever represents you in Government. Encourage your friends & family to do the same. Contact the media. Stage peaceful protests. Tell your Government "This law is unjust. Either you change it or the first chance we get we will vote you out & replace you with people who will." If there are no alternatives standing for election who agree with you get into politics yourself & try to change the system from the inside.

Basically if it ain't broken, don't fix it. If it is broken, don't ignore it - *fix it*!

What if i pass a law that says you have to sacrifice a new born each new moon (best way to make sure those peskly lawful good paladins can't come visit)?

Do you take breaks from your protest to find one each time?

Life is complicated, which is why i find statements like yours too broad to work.[DOUBLEPOST=1487798875,1487798365][/DOUBLEPOST]
more towards "this law means what I think it does."
That has literally been the job of judges since forever. Hell, the english law system is based on it even (precedent is basically "what judges have ruled about this law/thing before).

As Kim Davis did? She didn't see the Obergefell ruling as just, so she disobeyed.
And now she's in jail... oh, wait.

And, looking at wiki, it seems she got what she wanted because now their marriage licences no longer have the clerks name on it.

Necronic

Staff member
Some more shining examples of gun fetishists to follow

It's tempting to mock the guy on the left for being fat, because let's be honest a gun on a guy that can't walk a quarter mile without dying isn't really all that threatening, or capable of defending much more than a nacho bar.

But that's a red herring folks. The really funny part is the camo boonie hat. That and the fucking high cap banana magazine on the massive rifle that the smurf is holding. Can he even put that to his shoulder?

The most hilarious part of that are the guitar hero controllers.[DOUBLEPOST=1487798350,1487798249][/DOUBLEPOST]
They're pretty good for the most part, though we have probably more than our share of construction, too. But definitely Road Warrior quality, should it come to that :D
A while back in my neighbourhood we got those street margin rocks (i forget the word) that actually where pretty sturdy... lasted like a whole year, maybe more, without damage... but oif course they felt the need to replace them... while "we don't have the money" for other stuff...

And what really "amused" me was that, unlike before, with the ones that got ruined after a winter, they where actually removing the old one individually and putting them in the trucks.

I'm pretty sure the firm in charge sold them to someone after (yay double dipping).

And now that winter is gone, our roads are full of holes again...

But sure, the foreigners are the ones ruining the country to make more of a profit.[DOUBLEPOST=1487799352][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which is kind of a big slap in the face to all the immigrants who did their due diligence and came the right (legal) way.
True, true!

Necronic

Staff member
It doesn't get better than this folks:

I really hope that's his yellow corvette. Needs that gun to keep the trim at bay.

Necronic

Staff member
Oh snap there's more on this guy. I'll give him props for having a cool gun in this one at least. Looks like an old Springfield maybe?

There's a difference between "immigrating" and "conquering." We didn't join the tribes, we murdered them to death :p
Haven't u heard? Mexicans are a dominant culture... soon you'll have taco trucks at every corner... then you'll be easy pickings for what will later be termed "the toilet genocide".

On the subject of guns and how dumb the hangup on the language of 'assault weapon' is, I spent last weekend at a shooting range shooting one of these:

It was my dad's birthday present (to himself) and so we took it out to the range to put it through its paces. It shoots very well, and was a lot of fun. It's an AR-15, and is one of the most common guns on the 'assault weapons' lists that politicians like to wave around to pretend they care.

Mechanically speaking, I don't see how it is any more dangerous than something like this:

A semi-automatic .22 rifle. One of the most common guns in the united states. If you know someone with guns, there's almost definitely one of these in their gun cabinet. But no one ever complains about these, clearly this is different than an 'assault weapon'.

For the record, I'm for improved gun-control laws. I just find the constant use of assault weapon bans to be empty and hollow, a politician's way of providing lip service and appearing as if they are trying to help without actually having to do anything.

GasBandit

Staff member

A semi-automatic .22 rifle. One of the most common guns in the united states. If you know someone with guns, there's almost definitely one of these in their gun cabinet. But no one ever complains about these, clearly this is different than an 'assault weapon'.

For the record, I'm for improved gun-control laws. I just find the constant use of assault weapon bans to be empty and hollow, a politician's way of providing lip service and appearing as if they are trying to help without actually having to do anything.
I learned to shoot on a rifle very much like that one, only instead of a detachable magazine it had an internal tube magazine that ran along under the barrel that seemed to hold (memory is hazy) 20-someodd rounds.

Necronic

Staff member
There are a few differences. An AR-15 223 has a shit ton more propellant in it. It also (usually) has a surprisingly minimal amount of recoil (if it's a well made gun). 22 will as well of course. 22 is going to be a lot less accurate as well.

AR will be lighter than that 22 and have a higher capacity (more than likely). Your 22 also doesn't have rails for sick optiks

Here's the thing though. A 22 is actually really dangerous. I've heard it referred to before as a meat-axe as it doesn't have enough power to travel through bone so it can end up bouncing around through the body just making you into a human slurpee in a skin sack.

I learned to shoot on a rifle very much like that one, only instead of a detachable magazine it had an internal tube magazine that ran along under the barrel that seemed to hold (memory is hazy) 20-someodd rounds.
Same here. Mine was also pump action. Kind of looked like a shotgun but it was a 22.

Last edited:
On the subject of guns and how dumb the hangup on the language of 'assault weapon' is, I spent last weekend at a shooting range shooting one of these:

It was my dad's birthday present (to himself) and so we took it out to the range to put it through its paces. It shoots very well, and was a lot of fun. It's an AR-15, and is one of the most common guns on the 'assault weapons' lists that politicians like to wave around to pretend they care.

Mechanically speaking, I don't see how it is any more dangerous than something like this:

Politicians are just trying to protect gun owners from firearms that are a bitch to maintain.