Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
More games have been added to Bundle Stars May Madness Sale notably:

- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide $10.19
- W:ET-V Collectors Edition $15.29
- W:ET-V DLC Schluesselschloss - $2.54
- W:ET-V DLC Drachenfels - $7.64

Anyone who knows more about the game want to chime in on what's worth getting?

GasBandit

Staff member
The game itself is definitely worth 10 bucks picking up.

It is Left 4 Dead Warhammer Edition. With a heavier focus on melee, and a wider variety of weapons options that all behave differently.

As for the DLCs, your mileage may vary. Sluicing Schloss (thanks Google voice) is a survival level where waves of enemies will continue to come at you until you die. Drachenfels is a full co-op map, one of the more challenging ones, in fact.

But only the person hosting the game actually has to have the DLC levels for everybody to play them. So if you know somebody, like, say, me, who owns all the DLC already, you don't need to actually buy it yourself if you are playing with them.

But I would definitely recommend picking the game up. Especially now that you're going to have a computer that can play it well.

There's no vs or mod levels, so it's more repetitive than L4D plus you have to actually acquire upgrades for weapons in game over time as opposed to the weapons being static. So take that as you will.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh, and the Collector's edition throws in some digital artwork, the soundtrack, and some cosmetic hats. Nothing required to play, but not the most ridiculous price bump for cosmetics I've seen, either.

Gameplay looks like this:

Bundle Stars has an insanely good deal on the F.E.A.R games. 93% off for all three.

I've never played them before, but a friend of mine used to rave about them. Anyone know if they're good enough to get?

They also have an insanely good deal on Mortal Kombat X and all its DLC.

MKX is a legit good game... now. It was an awful port when it was released, but the PC version is great now and especially at that price. I love the game, and Cassie Cage is the best character ever.

I've only played FEAR 1 and 2. Decent shooters, interesting story, fairly good horror aspect except for an over-reliance on jump scares.
I'll echo this. Fear 1 and 2 are great, skip their expansions. Fear 3 isn't BAD, but it feels like a bit of a departure from the series, despite taking place in the same story.

fade

Staff member
I liked the FEAR games. I even liked 3, but like everyone else says it's different. Not as scary, and the plot does some weird things. I tried the FEAR expansions, and they're pretty bland. They're non-canon, too, since they make story changes that don't work with the FEAR 2 story.[DOUBLEPOST=1495557377,1495557295][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't like MKX. I'm not a lightweight, but I just felt like the fatality animations and the x-ray animations were a bit unnecessarily realistic. Nobody needs that.

I liked the FEAR games. I even liked 3, but like everyone else says it's different. Not as scary, and the plot does some weird things. I tried the FEAR expansions, and they're pretty bland. They're non-canon, too, since they make story changes that don't work with the FEAR 2 story.[DOUBLEPOST=1495557377,1495557295][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't like MKX. I'm not a lightweight, but I just felt like the fatality animations and the x-ray animations were a bit unnecessarily realistic. Nobody needs that.
Fear 3 is HELLA fun if you can find a friend to co-op with though. The entire thing is a competition between both players to see which side "wins" and which ending you get, since you are ostensibly playing with a villain and a hero as a duo. The other co-op modes are fun too, between clearing a set number of enemy waves to fighting enemies as you run to escape an encroaching wall of DEATH. It's not THE BEST Fear game, but it has redeeming features in it.

Dave

Staff member
I love the video of the guy playing Racket without all the wires tangling up his feet, which is what really happens in the game.

GasBandit

Staff member
And let me tell you, playing Majicka 2 with Terrik is an experience. Mostly a lesson in betrayal. And betraying the betrayor.

Just, for anyone else considering it, remember to apply the +3gb enabler so that it doesn't run out of memory and crash.
...I assume this is something that only applies to 32-bit systems? Because that's what the 3GB switch was for.
And yes, 2.50 is a bargain, and I've already set an alarm to remind me to buy it when I get home from work today. If anything, I wonder if they fixed the "bug" where it was actually cheaper to run TGV engines for everything even though the top freight loco was supposed to be better at hauling heavy freight.

--Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
...I assume this is something that only applies to 32-bit systems? Because that's what the 3GB switch was for.
No, it applies to both 32 and 64 bit systems. Railroads was designed for much earlier computers, and they made the 2gb limit assumption in the game's code, not just relying on windows to define the limit. Comes a point in the game where it will just hit the 2gb memory limit imposed by itself and it'll crash.

Well it actually seems the entire RRTycoon collection is on sale for $2.99 on Steam (until Tue).
...so you might as well spring another 50c and get the other two included with it.

--Patrick