Games on SALE!

Bundle Stars is offering Batman Arkham Origins and all its DLC for $4.99. And honestly, that's a good price for the game. It's in solid last place of the four games, but the story is fun, it has some good boss battles, and city is fun to explore (even if most of it feels like a copy/paste job of Arkham City). I don't think it's quite as smooth or refined as the other games (even Arkham Knight, once it was all patched properly), but it's okay. I find during combat, the flow is just a little off and the timing from button press to a hit isn't quite as smooth as the other games. But it's still worth at least playing once, I think.

Similarly, they're also offering Arkham Knight (without DLC) for $7.99. And that's a decent price for that game, too. The PC port, while still not perfect, at least runs smoothly now with little to no glitches (that I've encountered, compared to when it first launched). Still way too much Tankmobile Batmobile stuff, but the game as a whole is quite good. They also have the Season Pass for $5.99, but eh, I don't know. I didn't think it was worth it.

Last edited:
Hello PS3 and PS4 owners. Here's a ton of Nordic/THQ games for like 15 bucks. Most of them are really good.

https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-nordic-playstation-bundle

1$ Level
----------
Deponia - PS4
Red Faction - PS4
Book of Unwritten Tales - PS4
Super Dungeon Bros - PS4
ArcaniA - PS4

Beat the average (11.63 as of my posting)
------------------------------------------------
Battle Worlds Kronos - PS4
Destroy all Humans - PS4
Destroy all Humans 2 - PS4
Legend of Kay - PS4/PS3

15$ Level
-----------
MX vs ATV Supercross - PS3
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore - PS4
Darksiders - PS3
Darksiders 2 - PS3
Darksiders Warmastered - PS4
Darksiders 2 Deathfinitive Edition - PS4

figmentPez

Staff member
I saw that, but I don't have any knowledge of any of those games. Are they worth it?
The Darksiders series is pretty good, I'd definitely consider the pair worth $15. They're kind of a mish-mash of a lot of different genres, but most prominently Zelda style dungeon exploration combined with spectacle fighter. Neither is perfect, but they're both pretty solid. The worst thing you can say about them is either that they don't feel as polished as Zelda (and that's not much of a knock), or that their aesthetic is potentially polarizing. Personally I love the corny dialogue, and the 90s grimdark comic look is well done for what it is, but I can see the trappings being annoying. Both games have been posted about on the forums before, if you search I'm sure you'll find more said.

Darksiders 1 feels like it pulled a bunch of powers and features from other games and combined them very nicely into one experience. For example, you get a portal power late in the game, and I kid you not the portals are blue and orange. The combat can be a bit one-dimensional, and the storyline isn't anything special, but all in all I had lots of fun playing it.

Also, Uriel is hot.

Haven't really played Darksiders 2 yet, but I hear good things about it. It's a pity we probably won't be getting any more Darksiders games, because the remaining two horsemen looked like they'd offer distinct playstyles, such as Strife using guns and Fury being quicker and more agile than the male Nephilim.

I played a little bit of Darksiders 1, but there wasn't anything about it that kept my interest. The combat was dull, the story was stupid, and every character was horrendously over-designed (as one would expect from Joe Madureira).

Steam has a sale this weekend on Stellaris which is a space strategy game. My cousin says its what Masters of Orion 2 should have been, I have been wanting to get it and for 40% off, how could I say no? Several of the DLCs are on sale as well, except for the newest one that came out this week.

Every time I look at one of those games I feel like it should be everything I want in a game.

Then I play them and realize they are everything I don't want in a game.

figmentPez

Staff member
If you've been logging into Chrono.gg to collect your daily coins, new games have been added to the shop. Dropsy, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, and Slayaway Camp join Brigador as the current offerings.

fade

Staff member
Elite Dangerous is on sale on Steam. I remember some of you giving it a good review. Is this worth $20?

Elite Dangerous is on sale on Steam. I remember some of you giving it a good review. Is this worth $20?
I don't think you would like it. And not because I'm suggesting you don't like anything (but you still don't :p) but because you've shown disinterest in sandbox gaming experiences. Elite Dangerous is a game I like a lot, but it is one that fully requires you to set your own goals and make your own fun.

I also wouldn't recommend playing it without a HOTAS flight stick.

fade

Staff member
It's not really sandboxes I don't like, it's repetitive gaming. That was my issue with Skyrim. Left click left click left click.

It's not really sandboxes I don't like, it's repetitive gaming. That was my issue with Skyrim. Left click left click left click.
Most PC games are going to involve a lot of left clicking!

Elite Dangerous can definitely get repetitive, as it is a space sim, so there are a lot of things you do a lot of. Like traveling, warping, and docking.

figmentPez

Staff member
Wasn't sure where to post this. One of the current Twitch Prime Loot items is an Injustice Comics Pack on Comixology. Injustice: Gods Among Us Vol. 1 and Injustice: Ground Zero #1

figmentPez

Staff member
Saints Row 2 is also free on GOG.com. I'm not sure if the GOG version has any optimizations, though I've heard about a mod called the Gentleman of the Row that should improve both.

figmentPez

Staff member
SR2's been free on Steam for a few years now, hasn't it?
I don't recall it ever having been free before, and I can't find anything with a quick search. It's been really cheap, and it's been part of GOG Connect. I got it as part of a Humble Bundle a while ago.

GasBandit

Staff member
For more information on getting SR2 to run right (it was a REALLY bad console port, you guys), check this thread on steam. It details what the options are, the most common bugs and how to fix them, and exactly what you're getting into if you decide to go with the "Gentlemen of the Row" mod route.