Games on SALE!

Overkill is giving away 5 million copies of Payday 2 between now and when Payday 2: Ultimate Edition launches. Owning Payday 2 will also give you a free copy of Payday 2 VR when it launches.

Just go to the Steam page and install. You'll have to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition if you want any of the DLC when it hits, but all future DLC not included in the Ultimate Edition is going to be free.

GasBandit

Staff member
Overkill is giving away 5 million copies of Payday 2 between now and when Payday 2: Ultimate Edition launches. Owning Payday 2 will also give you a free copy of Payday 2 VR when it launches.

Just go to the Steam page and install. You'll have to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition if you want any of the DLC when it hits, but all future DLC not included in the Ultimate Edition is going to be free.
The weekly L4D people might wanna snag this, if they don't already have it. Seems like a good thing to try.

I had Payday 1, and it was basically "Left 4 Dead robs a bank" but, like, hard as hell.

@Terrik @Dei @figmentPez @Officer_Charon @Null and maybe even @Snuffleupagus if we can tear him away from season 5 (obviously not tagging AshburnerX because he posted it :p)[DOUBLEPOST=1496949490,1496949437][/DOUBLEPOST]
And here I thought Payday 2 went F2P :p
Wait, what?

I have heard nothing good about Payday 2 since the changes though.

Ah, looks like they rolled back their pay to win shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have heard nothing good about Payday 2 since the changes though.

Ah, looks like they rolled back their pay to win shit.
You know, now that you mention it, I thought I'd heard something about Payday 2 turning to shit. I guess we can find out now, for free :p

The weekly L4D people might wanna snag this, if they don't already have it. Seems like a good thing to try.

I had Payday 1, and it was basically "Left 4 Dead robs a bank" but, like, hard as hell.
Payday 2 is more like "Left 4 Dead, except you have more freedom on how you want to complete your objective on each map and the action ramps up the longer the cops have" For instance, the basic starting bank job...

- You can storm the place with heavy weapons, armor, and lots of health and ammo, then drill the outer door before also drilling the inner door to get the goods. This will take awhile, be loud, and you'll have SIGNIFICANT police resistance.

- You can do the above, but have someone bring C4/a concrete saw for the inner door, cutting your drill time in half. Maybe your Ghost brings EMP devices to prevent people from calling the cops for awhile. Maybe your Technician brought his turrets to deal with the cops.

- You can be smart: go in light, observe the bank manager's movements from a safe distance, snag him somewhere out of sight of the cameras and guards. He'll usually drop a keycard. Use the keycard to get into the camera room (or maybe your Ghost has EMP devices that pop electronic locks), deal with the guy manning the cameras (you'll need to use their pagers and impersonate them to convince HQ everything is okay). You then get the patrolling guards (out of site of the civvies) before picking the lock for the teller room. Deal with both tellers manning the silent alarm, your Mastermind tells everyone else to get down on the fucking ground. Cuff who you can, put a bullet in everyone else. Have your Technician deal with drilling open the vault while everyone else keeps an eye out for civilians wandering into the area. Once you're in, your heavy breaks out the concrete saw and starts opening all the safety deposit boxes while the rest of the gang bag up the money and start moving it to the Lootmobile.

Of course... everything can go VERY wrong. Hope you can hold out long enough to get your minimum number of bags into the Lootswagon.

They ALSO have included the Heists of the original game in a recent update/dlc. Thankfully, I bought all the DLC back when it was 85% off...

I know which way Terrik is going to want to do things.
Sometimes it's just unavoidable, like on Green Bridge, the first and last day of Rats, and Heat Street. You're always going to want at least one main and one side arm designed for fighting the cops, with another set designed to minimize you noticeably and stealthily deal with issues on a quiet heist.

"Well, they got Jimmy and Richard, but the good news is, we got away with the loot. Now we just need to split it, 50/50."

*hammer click* "Or, you know, not." *gunshot*

@Terrik @Dei @figmentPez @Officer_Charon @Null and maybe even @Snuffleupagus if we can tear him away from the Doomfist waiting room (obviously not tagging AshburnerX because he posted it :p)[DOUBLEPOST=1496949490,1496949437][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait, what?
FTFY

Reactions: Dei
You know, now that you mention it, I thought I'd heard something about Payday 2 turning to shit. I guess we can find out now, for free :p
Logged a few hundred hours, it's not that it turned to shit... it just changed things enough that specific items that are otherwise practically unattainable almost require a pay to win model.

AKA: Gun was nerfed that even a head shot won't kill a cop when it use to before. Special components which you can pay for, bump it up over the 1 shot threshold and thus the reason why so many people were angry at the changes. You could say this was accidental if the case was for a specific gun but the overall changes and the research the PD2 community found was this was intentional on almost all fronts.

PD2 is a great game and I'll pay for PD3 but the business practices at Overkill are not to be trusted.

I have almost 700 hours in it, apparently. Gave up on it because the highest difficulties are almost impossible without a steady group of 4, and I usually have 2-3 people wanting to play the same thing at the same time, tops.

The DLC is vaguely pay to win, but they did roll back on the microtransaction bullshit they were trying to add, and the game is fun if you're in a group that wants to play in the same ways. Definitely worth giving it a shot and seeing if y'all enjoy it.

I have almost 700 hours in it, apparently. Gave up on it because the highest difficulties are almost impossible without a steady group of 4, and I usually have 2-3 people wanting to play the same thing at the same time, tops.

The DLC is vaguely pay to win, but they did roll back on the microtransaction bullshit they were trying to add, and the game is fun if you're in a group that wants to play in the same ways. Definitely worth giving it a shot and seeing if y'all enjoy it.
I would agree with the "pay to win, but only sorta" thing: the guns in the DLC are generally better than guns in the base game, but the guns in the base game also have some very strong contenders (Locomotive shotgun as a sidearm, AK 7.62, CAR-4) for best in slot for some builds. But really, this issue is moot because you can't buy DLC right now: you can only upgrade to the Ultimate Edition when it's release and then you get all DLC anyway.

The whole drills/safe thing doesn't matter anymore: you can'y buy drills anymore, so it's all random now.

I would agree with the "pay to win, but only sorta" thing: the guns in the DLC are generally better than guns in the base game, but the guns in the base game also have some very strong contenders (Locomotive shotgun as a sidearm, AK 7.62, CAR-4) for best in slot for some builds. But really, this issue is moot because you can't buy DLC right now: you can only upgrade to the Ultimate Edition when it's release and then you get all DLC anyway.

The whole drills/safe thing doesn't matter anymore: you can'y buy drills anymore, so it's all random now.
I'm sure some of the shenanigans has been rescinded after community outrage, thus many consequent changes.

I should play it again, it's been awhile and I LOVE the soundtrack.

Me at 1:45

figmentPez

Staff member
Bundlestars has a WB Pick & Mix Bundle where you pick 3 games for $9.99. Choose from 14 titles, including:

- Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
- Batman Arkham City GOTY
- Batman Arkham Origins
- Mad Max
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Marvel's Avengers
- LEGO Jurassic World
- LEGO Batman Trilogy

--

the Humble Ocean's Day Bundle pay $10 or more for 11 games. I think the highlights are:

- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Aquaria
- Abzu

but Neo Aquarium - the King of Crustaceans might be intriguing just for how bizarre it is, and I'm not familiar with some of the other titles.

--

Greenman Gaming is having an E3 Sale Noteworthy titles:

- Bioshock Infinite $6.37
- Psychonauts $2.50
- Civilization VI $34.16

Last edited:
One week until the (rumored) start of the Steam summer sale. Is your wallet ready?
My wallet is, but my wishlist isn't. There isn't really much that I feel I really want to get this sale, unless they go on sale for peanuts.

I might get Witcher 3, the Assassin's Creed games I don't have yet, maybe Dishonored 2 and XCOM 2, or possibly some of the indie classics like Rimworld or Stanley Parable if they go down far enough...