Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
I expect Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood to hit 10 bucks each. Those are my ONLY two planned purchases.
They should hit lower than that. I picked up The New Order for $6 on Steam not too long ago.

I'm hoping for Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition to hit $10, but I'm not sure it'll drop to 50%-off so soon.

Every time I see something for Dragon's Dogma I mistakenly think it's Dragon's Crown and momentarily get interested.

Every time I see something for Dragon's Dogma I mistakenly think it's Dragon's Crown and momentarily get interested.
Dragon's Dogma is actually pretty cool. It's basically single player Monster Hunter meets Dark Souls, except your player character can be anything from a young child to a fat man/woman to a grandmother because the character creator is pretty damn good.

fade

Staff member
My wallet is, but my wishlist isn't. There isn't really much that I feel I really want to get this sale, unless they go on sale for peanuts.

I might get Witcher 3, the Assassin's Creed games I don't have yet, maybe Dishonored 2 and XCOM 2, or possibly some of the indie classics like Rimworld or Stanley Parable if they go down far enough...
You know, Witcher 3 GOTY was just 50% off on GOG.

GasBandit

Staff member
I did not know that.

Oh well, I'm not really dead-set on getting Witcher 3 though. Partly because I started Witcher 1, got about an hour or two into it, and then got bored.
Witcher 3 is on a whole other level.
Trying to play Witcher 1 first also killed my interest, at first, unfortunately. Witcher 2 helped a little, I guess, but...

Between the two of them, I've been perfectly content to wait until Witcher 3 GOTY goes under 10 bucks.

According to steam I've played Witcher 1 for 5 hours, 2 for 8 and 3 for 80 and I'm no where near done. 3 is great. I legitimately hated the other 2.

Witcher 3 is phenomenal and one of the few AAA games in years that really drew me in. And I hadn't played a single bit of Witcher 1 or 2 before playing it. It was a bit awkward at first because I was unfamiliar with the world and its characters, but eventually, I caught on and then couldn't put it down.

As for the Steam sale in general, I honestly don't think I'll get anything. I have a back log of games to play right now. Any games I'm particularly interested in (Full Throttle, Thumbleweed Park) are too new to have any significant discounts.

Last edited:
There's a reason Witcher 3 won like every gaming award there is. I'm pretty sure it won best sports game. And the company that makes it is one of the few gaming companies out there that are pro-consumer and don't try to shit all over their customers.

I actually really liked Witcher 2 (and 1 was an ok try for a first game), but 3 is on a whole other level, and since both are games that take tens to hundreds of hours to complete, you can't be faulted for wanting to go straight to 3. And you can do so either completely blind and pick up the past events through context as you go, or you can watch a youtube primer to get the story so far.

fade

Staff member
There's a reason Witcher 3 won like every gaming award there is. I'm pretty sure it won best sports game. And the company that makes it is one of the few gaming companies out there that are pro-consumer and don't try to shit all over their customers.

I actually really liked Witcher 2 (and 1 was an ok try for a first game), but 3 is on a whole other level, and since both are games that take tens to hundreds of hours to complete, you can't be faulted for wanting to go straight to 3. And you can do so either completely blind and pick up the past events through context as you go, or you can watch a youtube primer to get the story so far.
I want to watch the youtube primers, but I'm not sure how much I can take of, "Heeeeey YouTube, it's WackyName coming at you with another exciting episode of Blah. Thanks for waiting through my pointless production company logo. Now wait through pointless title sequence, after which I'll babble about stuff you didn't click to hear for 5 straight minutes before I finally get to the content you wanted!"

I want to watch the youtube primers, but I'm not sure how much I can take of, "Heeeeey YouTube, it's WackyName coming at you with another exciting episode of Blah. Thanks for waiting through my pointless production company logo. Now wait through pointless title sequence, after which I'll babble about stuff you didn't click to hear for 5 straight minutes before I finally get to the content you wanted!"
http://lifehacker.com/5849342/skip-...ideos-with-the-wadsworth-constant-bookmarklet

GasBandit

Staff member
All hail Wadsworth. Though, I try to only say one sentence of empty nonsense in my videos, after my self-produced vanity card :D

Me: Hooray! Steam sale has begun! Time to get games super cheap!
*Steam currently experiencing heavy load*
Me: :(

Meanwhile, Bundle Stars is also having a big sale. And as usual, for some completely unknown reason, the majority of AAA games they're offering are Warner Bros games. Including the F.E.A.R. trilogy for 91% off, which I didn't get in time when it was last offered. I might this time.

But seriously, I don't understand why they're almost exclusively Warner Bros deals.

figmentPez

Staff member
Me: Hooray! Steam sale has begun! Time to get games super cheap!
*Steam currently experiencing heavy load*
Me: :(
Not only that, but even if you can get in, a lot of the games aren't showing their sale prices yet.

"Today's Highlighted Deals: *Grim Dawn at full price*"

Things will sort themselves out.

Also, they're giving out "stickers" instead of "trading cards", but I'm not sure if that makes any practical difference yet.

Dave

Staff member
You can tell it's super sale time because I'm low on cash. :rofl:

No, this doesn't bother me at all. I'm saving for my trip at the end of July.

figmentPez

Staff member
Also, they're giving out "stickers" instead of "trading cards", but I'm not sure if that makes any practical difference yet.
Update: Stickers and trading cards. Cards work like usual. Stickers aren't tradeable. Not sure what they do, but supposedly they unlock pages that you get to keep if you fill them out, but I think they may just be participation ribbons.

Anyway, I'm thoroughly underwhelmed that Planescape Torment is only 15% off. Really?