Funny (political, religious) pictures

GasBandit

Staff member
Mary had more children than just Jesus.
"Mary gave birth to Christ without having known a man's touch, this is true - but she did have a husband. And do you really think he would have stayed married to her for all those years if he wasn't getting laid? The nature of God and the Virgin birth, those are leaps of faith. But to believe a married couple never got down? Well, that's just plain gullibility!" - Rufus, the 13th apostle

There's no definitive proof inthe Bible about God's choice of pronouns, let alone their gender.

But yes, I meant God as the "her" in the sentence. Since there was no-one else mentioned I assumed that was clear, sorry.

"Mary gave birth to Christ without having known a man's touch, this is true - but she did have a husband. And do you really think he would have stayed married to her for all those years if he wasn't getting laid? The nature of God and the Virgin birth, those are leaps of faith. But to believe a married couple never got down? Well, that's just plain gullibility!" - Rufus, the 13th apostle
Mary was a beard.

That movie has one of my favourite quotes about religion:

"Humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it. I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier."

There's no definitive proof inthe Bible about God's choice of pronouns, let alone their gender.

But yes, I meant God as the "her" in the sentence. Since there was no-one else mentioned I assumed that was clear, sorry.
Doesn't it reference Yahweh having a wife?

Ashera was the wife of a Canaanite god. Like the Romans, the Israelites incorporated a whole bunch of other gods into their own pantheon before going monotheistic. Baal, Astarte, and a whole bunch of other gods and demons mentioned in the OT were all considered gods at some point or another by a tribe, often temporarily alongside Jehovah/Yahweh.
Christians tend to pick and choose which pieces of the OT still apply anyway.