Former President Trump Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, house rule #26 is a house rule, not a law, and house rules literally say the majority party in the house can change the house rules whenever they want (albeit with the technicality of a vote first).

How likely is it that he will become the new speaker? I would say nil but many thought the same about him as president.
It would be more difficult than it was for Kevin to get elected speaker last time.

Not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

Because every single democrat would vote no, if even 5 republicans vote no, he doesn't get in (currently the GOP is up by 9 seats in the house).

Yeah, house rule #26 is a house rule, not a law, and house rules literally say the majority party in the house can change the house rules whenever they want (albeit with the technicality of a vote first).

It would be more difficult than it was for Kevin to get elected speaker last time.

Not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

Because every single democrat would vote no, if even 5 republicans vote no, he doesn't get in (currently the GOP is up by 9 seats in the house).
Aside from the legal issues... If Trump were to be nominated, which five can you imagine who'd commit political suicide by voting against him?

Great Immortal All Powerful Leader has withdrawn hus lawsuit against the wvil no good communist nazi liberal judge that is heading the totally bogus No Jury!!! Trial 7 against him out of the goodness of his totally huge heart.

TBH, as a former Ken Buck constituent, who only is not because CO picked up another House seat, I am horrified that he is one of the more"reasonable" Republicans now.

figmentPez

Staff member
I thought that conservatives were going to try to spin this as some sort of miscarriage of justice, and paint her as a underdog who can't win in a system stacked against her, but apparently they're going with spinning it as "all felony charges dropped" and just "charged with a misdemeanor", pretending that they don't understand how plea bargains work.

Powell's guilty plea in Georgia could have implications for her involvement in special counsel Jack Smith's federal case against Trump in Washington, D.C., according to Scott Fredericksen, a former federal prosecutor and independent counsel. He said Powell's plea may be "the single most important development" in either of the probes dealing with the aftermath of the 2020 election.

Powell was identified by CBS News as likely being the unnamed and unindicted individual known as "Co-conspirator 3" in Trump's federal indictment, in which he was accused of engaging in alleged schemes to overturn Joe Biden's victory in 2020.

"If she is cooperating with Willis, she should be available to be interviewed by Smith and testify," Fredericksen said. "She may insist on some kind of protection or immunity from Smith in Smith's case, but her ability to testify directly to what Trump may have said about the plans to overthrow the election could make her a critical witness." (CBSNews)

Dave

Staff member

GasBandit

Staff member
Like the saying goes, if the penalty for a crime is a flat fee, it's only illegal for poor people. Punishable by a fine means legal for a price.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hypocrisy is of no consequence to these people. All they care about is pwning the libs, and anything said to that end - no matter how false or self-contradictory, is permissible in the mind of a MAGAt.

While I know international cuckups are completely irrelevant these days... He managed to claim Orban was the strong leader of Turkey today and did a great job protecting their land border with Russia.
Orban is the leader of Hungary and neither country has a border with Russia.

You know, it would be so, SO easily for Trump's lawyers to plead mental incompetence. But then the GOP couldn't run him for President. Or they could. They did for Reagan. Hell, they could make it their campaign: "Want another Reagan? Ready in every way! 2024".

While I know international cuckups are completely irrelevant these days... He managed to claim Orban was the strong leader of Turkey today and did a great job protecting their land border with Russia.
Orban is the leader of Hungary and neither country has a border with Russia.
The sad thing is that's probably not even the craziest thing he said during that speech.

He seemed very proud of himself because he figured out the letters 'U' and 'S' could be used to abbreviate United States and could also be used to spell the word 'us'.

The most depressing part for me in all of this shit is that if Trump is allowed to run he absolutely could win again. The first time I was “there’s no way. This guy is a clear idiot and narcissist. There’s no way.” And America let me down and we found out the hard way that there are a lot of terribly like-minded asshats that like someone in power who makes them feel like their intolerant mindsets are justified. Now here we are 8 years later and all this shit that he pulled is out in the open and it feels like he hasn’t lost a single supporter. When he said that he could kill someone on 5th Avenue and wouldn’t lose a voter he is absolutely right. He’s an idiot, but a good portion of America are even bigger idiots.

Ex-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows granted immunity, tells special counsel he warned Trump about 2020 claims: Sources

Former President Donald Trump's final chief of staff in the White House, Mark Meadows, has spoken with special counsel Jack Smith's team at least three times this year, including once before a federal grand jury, which came only after Smith granted Meadows immunity to testify under oath, according to sources familiar with the matter. (ABCNews)

Still hoping he rolls COPD or a massive infarction right around the end of next Summer. I mean, he’s practically already there. Someone just give him a sack of double bacon cheese around the end of June, wouldja?

—Patrick