Former President Trump Thread

Although Trump was not required to appear in person this week, he ran the risk of being found in contempt of court in yet another court case—against his former lawyer, Michael Cohen. He claimed to be unavailable for depositions on Monday and Tuesday in that case, citing the AG’s bank fraud trial, so he is expected to appear both days in New York City.
Snickerdoodles!

GasBandit

Staff member
He got a myopic-approximation of Melania for a lawyer because Melania's been MIA for 2 years, lawl. He's pathologically incapable of not buying arm candy.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ok, I know this is all very serious stuff and all, but just to confirm... Trump's lawyer is a hot gamer chick?
I think it's more likely that she's an idiot with a dudebro boyfriend who insists on making tech decisions for her, and got her a gaming laptop because all he knows about computers is marketing hype.

A real gamer chick would insist on having her business laptop be separate from her gaming rig.

if the court really wants Trump to shut up, the only way they’re going to do it is if they put him in one of those Hannibal Lecter hand trucks.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
He could transfer it all to his wife but she'd have to have control. I would laugh my ass off if he did that to shelter everything and she just walked away with it.

He could transfer it all to his wife but she'd have to have control. I would laugh my ass off if he did that to shelter everything and she just walked away with it.
It's designed to stop exactly that. Though Melania had him do that last month, when she had their marriage contract rewritten for a 3rd time ( in her favour ).

Dave

Staff member
But he has a week to give them a list of assets. A lot of shit can be hidden LEGALLY as the order to stop it wouldn't go into effect until after that.

How likely is it that he will become the new speaker? I would say nil but many thought the same about him as president.

How likely is it that he will become the new speaker? I would say nil but many thought the same about him as president.
I highly doubt they would have the votes for that even if the tried. Also technically because of his felony charges he can't even try, but that's not stopping the GOP lately.

figmentPez

Staff member
I had no idea you could be the Speaker of the House without being an elected member of congress.

The only reason I could see them actually try to get Trump as Speaker is if they're planning on having the president and VP die somehow so they can have a "legal" coup.

Trump legally cannot be Speaker of the House.

House Rule #26, approved by the 118th Congress: “Any member of the Republican Leadership shall step aside if indicted for a felony for which a sentence of two or more years imprisonment may be imposed.”

I'm dreading visiting the in-laws this weekend. I just know they've been glued to FoxNews and shouting at the TV during this whole mess.

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump legally cannot be Speaker of the House.

House Rule #26, approved by the 118th Congress: “Any member of the Republican Leadership shall step aside if indicted for a felony for which a sentence of two or more years imprisonment may be imposed.”
If they want Trump to be Speaker, they'll either change the rules or ignore them. They do not care about looking like hypocrites.

Also, that rule says the leader will step aside if they're indicted, it doesn't say that they can't be elected to a position if they're under indictment. You know those weasels will argue any technicality they can.