Former President Trump Thread

More fun from Rogue POTUS staff: Trump once again declines to read intelligence briefing, more interested in suggesting his clothing line to staffers and getting pouty that Arnold Schwarzenegger called him out in a Twitter video.

Canada probably isn't drowning in this political septic tank 24/7 like the U.S.
You're our largest trading partner. Canada right now feels like a teenager in the back seat after watching daddy drain a bottle of rye and say to mom in the front seat, "watch this" and flooring it towards a 90 degree turn with a moose in the way. On black ice.

Last edited:
Are you just now getting wind of this? I assumed the moment Trump took office, he would put together a team that would automatically grant US Citizenship to all businesses under Citizens United/Corporate Personhood, thereby allowing them to vote, get married, apply for financial aid, etc.

--Patrick
No, I figured exactly this was going to happen. People kept going on about Hilary's "Wall Street pals" and I kept thinking, "Trump basically IS Wall Street." It doesn't surprise me in the least that he's going to abuse his power in order to make his own businesses and his buddies as much money as possible. I just hoped that maybe there might be ways the opposition could stop him, but he's basically steamrolling everything.

GasBandit

Staff member
So how's that "lesser of two evils" bullshit excuse working for you?
I did a search and went all the way back to february of 2016 trying to figure out who you're addressing here with this comment, but nobody seemed to fit the bill.

No, I figured exactly this was going to happen. People kept going on about Hilary's "Wall Street pals" and I kept thinking, "Trump basically IS Wall Street." It doesn't surprise me in the least that he's going to abuse his power in order to make his own businesses and his buddies as much money as possible. I just hoped that maybe there might be ways the opposition could stop him, but he's basically steamrolling everything.
I can't remember where I read the article, but it basically posited that since Trump has been elected, he and his administration have been treating it the same way that corporate takeovers usually go, that is:
  1. Assume power
  2. Install your cronies into as many of the decision-making roles of the slave company as possible
  3. Keep the slave company running on the thinnest of margins possible while diverting as much of the resources/profit as possible into the coffers of the master company
  4. When the slave company fails, too bad, guess everyone has to go under, too bad we couldn't save it, we tried, we promise
  5. Withdraw tentacles back into safety of master company
  6. Keep all that harvested wealth
  7. Find a new company to take over, repeat.
--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I did a search and went all the way back to february of 2016 trying to figure out who you're addressing here with this comment, but nobody seemed to fit the bill.
It came from somewhere else but I don't like to argue with stupid so I vented here instead.

I dunno what it entails, but I saw its an increase of 20 agents for the city. Does that really make much difference?

Dave

Staff member
I dunno what it entails, but I saw its an increase of 20 agents for the city. Does that really make much difference?
They are creating a federal task force to deal with violence in a city that is not even in the top 10 for the murder rate per capita. The ONLY reason they are picking Chicago is because of Obama's ties to the city and because it was an alt-right rallying cry about the minorities and violence.[DOUBLEPOST=1486170623,1486170524][/DOUBLEPOST]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

The list only looks at cities over 100k population. Camden's murder rate doubled in 2016, from what I google.
We're #1! We're #1!

...wait, that's not good.

(Not surprising, though, because the year before they cut their police force by 42%. Not that Lord Dampnut would try to clean up his own backyard first.)

GasBandit

Staff member
We're #1! We're #1!

...wait, that's not good.

(Not surprising, though, because the year before they cut their police force by 42%. Not that Lord Dampnut would try to clean up his own backyard first.)
Well, in the meantime, please endeavor to do your utmost to avoid getting murdered to death, grab a Bartles and Jaymes to drown out the constant cacophony of gunshots and screaming, and thank you for your support.

How the fuck can that stand?
Didn't Trump say a while back that the laws about conflict of interest aren't applied to the President, so he doesn't actually have to divest, but he'll be doing it because he's such a nice guy?

So duh, of course he'd only do enough to seem he did it, but not really...

Didn't Trump say a while back that the laws about conflict of interest aren't applied to the President, so he doesn't actually have to divest, but he'll be doing it because he's such a nice guy?

So duh, of course he'd only do enough to seem he did it, but not really...
Yeah, but constitutionally the president cannot profit from the presidency.

He's been pretty blatant about keeping all of it. He's essentially going to spend the presidency squeezing every penny he can from America into his own funds while letting Bannon transform all non-financial aspects.

He didn't have an (R) next to name. As someone else said, the election where the Republicans get the popular vote while the Democrats win the electoral college will be the last election we see the electoral college.

Just a primer for you; when President Bush visited Halifax to give a 15 minute speech to thank us for our actions during 9/11 they took over 30 rooms in our hotel for two weeks to build the emergency facility for the travelling press corps.

Guess what hotels the celebrity president is visiting this weekend?

Just a primer for you; when President Bush visited Halifax to give a 15 minute speech to thank us for our actions during 9/11 they took over 30 rooms in our hotel for two weeks to build the emergency facility for the travelling press corps.

Guess what hotels the celebrity president is visiting this weekend?
There's no Trump Halifax? :p