[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

If only it were useful as more than just a cube power.

--Patrick
Fun fact, people playing Diablo 1 probably saw lots and lots of orotz because it was the highest level effects that were possible on a ring, but none of them were legit. The internal item level of both of those effects combined was too high for any monster in the game to drop them.

Well, only made it to P300 cuz I ran out of GR stones quicker than I thought and collected the other set pieces slower than I thought.
Still, something I should be able to easily remedy today with a bunch of T11 multiplayer rifting.
Fun fact, people playing Diablo 1 probably saw lots and lots of orotz because it was the highest level effects that were possible on a ring, but none of them were legit. The internal item level of both of those effects combined was too high for any monster in the game to drop them.
I never saw one.
What I did see were rings/staves that were worth so much money that it was more efficient to keep them in my inventory than actual stacks of gold. Not that I could actually use them for anything, of course, they were just stupid valuable.

--Patrick

Finished the Journey. Huzzah.
I threw together an IK/Frenzy build working with Focus & Restraint (constantly gaining Fury like mad everywhere, constantly throwing it away for resets with Seismic Slam; empowering Frenzy with Bastion's Revered and Undisputed Champion). I know it definitely isn't any sort of meta relevant build, but it worked like a charm. Considering I'm wearing a Shin Mizu of all chest pieces (don't have the relevant IK part), there was plenty of room left for improvement...and it was great fun. With Fury of the Vanished Peak, Bastion's Revered in the cube, wearing Fjord Cutter and Echoing Fury, I think it should easily clear GR80 - I lack the necessary pieces to try it, but still.

I never used to like the Barb much, but it's really grown on me these last two seasons.

So because plague, for the remainder of the season, all Treasure Goblins will be doubled doubled except for spawned gobs (shrines, gob packs), gobs in the Realm of Greed, and Insufferable Miscreants.

I should finish my journey, dangit.

--Patrick

So because plague, for the remainder of the season, all Treasure Goblins will be doubled doubled except for spawned gobs (shrines, gob packs), gobs in the Realm of Greed, and Insufferable Miscreants.

I should finish my journey, dangit.

--Patrick
Need anything on the euro side? Haven't played in a while but I'm certainly willing to be of assistance.

Haven't played Diablo 3 in ages. To be honest, I'm entranced by POE.
I have some issues with PoE's mechanics and some choices the devs may have made, but really my BIGGEST complaint with it is the size and frequency of its updates. Maybe this wouldn't be as much of an issue if I had a SSD, I guess. Or maybe if Steam didn't insist on preallocating 2-3GB every time.

--Patrick

I have some issues with PoE's mechanics and some choices the devs may have made, but really my BIGGEST complaint with it is the size and frequency of its updates. Maybe this wouldn't be as much of an issue if I had a SSD, I guess. Or maybe if Steam didn't insist on preallocating 2-3GB every time.

--Patrick
Huh, hasn't been a problem for me, space wise, and I LOVE that it updates so often and has seasons. I was skeptical at first with that part, but I think it keeps the game fresh.

This last season I thought they went too far in the difficulty, but they heard the community and dialed it back. They care enough to properly balance classes and do what they can to add new content every three months. Plus, and I can't stress this enough, it's free to play (for real, FREE TO PLAY), and no money put into the game is pay to play.

I don't have a SSD, but probably would benefit from it. Game runs smooth on my system and after playing a bit went all in and bought an Orbweaver for simplicity. Just tons of fun for me.

Ok, so I'm really looking forward to the next season and play the new necromancer builds.
And I was watching This video and this is the first time I ever heard you can get the Challenge Rift bonus on your seasonal at the start.
That's just mindblowing. That's a huuuuuge bonus. Man.

Ugh I’m not even done sorting through my seasonals yet.
I never do the PTR so I don’t know how the novae work, but I’ll find out soon enough.

—Patrick

Seasonal boss list was just published. Steps 1-3 of the Journey are easy as ever, step 4...Malthael T4. Oof. Some builds will have no problem with that at all, but quite a few builds will realyl struggle without their 6-piece bonus. I'm going Necro (what a surprise) and yeah, that's going to really hurt - the 4-pice bonus for Inarius is dependant on number of enemies so you can't keep that up, and the 2-piece doesn't do much. Sigh.

Bone Armor is cumulative, meaning so long as you keep it refreshed, it will maintain its maximum stack count, unlike the WD's Soul Harvest, which resets each time you cast it.

Probably going to go DH for this season. The last two have both been Barb, and I want the fun of running the Shadow set again.

--Patrick

Bone Armor is cumulative, meaning so long as you keep it refreshed, it will maintain its maximum stack count, unlike the WD's Soul Harvest, which resets each time you cast it.

Probably going to go DH for this season. The last two have both been Barb, and I want the fun of running the Shadow set again.

--Patrick
Everybody and their dog is going DH, because their new set and updated uniques are so strong :p

Yes, I know about Bone Armor - but you can't go in with 5 or 10 stacks - they'll wear off during the beginning animation usually; you can build it back up by 10x Mal, but that's hardly a winning strategy ;-)

In the mean time, the season's been going on for 2h20min and I just saw someone be the first in Europe to unlock Superhuman - that's GR45 without set items on hardcore. Seriously, the F? I know that conquest is broken ass easy these days, but still.
Oh, and Speed Demon's unlocked too.

Everybody and their dog is going DH, because their new set and updated uniques are so strong :p
I don't know about the new sets, I just know Shadow is strong.
Yes, I know about Bone Armor - but you can't go in with 5 or 10 stacks - they'll wear off during the beginning animation usually
...but it lasts a full 60 seconds? Just make sure to cast on something right before you go in, then just have to refresh it on Mal once in a while.
In the mean time, the season's been going on for 2h20min and I just saw someone be the first in Europe to unlock Superhuman - that's GR45 without set items on hardcore. Seriously, the F? I know that conquest is broken ass easy these days, but still.
Oh, and Speed Demon's unlocked too.
The new Dreams stone has made GR45 very easy, yes.
And remember these are people who MADE PLANS and are sticking to them, and also have three friends who got the day off with them to share gear and max exp gain so they can high-five each other later.

Season doesn't start for us here for another 2h45m, and I've only just cleared out my mail.

--Patrick

Finished the Journey. Mal 4 was still the biggest hurdle, though :p
But in the end I took him down with all the wrong skills, so I guess he wasn't that hard after all... The Circle of Julian's Love I found which meant I could spam him with mages all day long helped though, don't know how I'd have done enough damage otherwise.

"The Journey" means all the way up through Guardian, though.
You've just done the first 4 chapters, enough to complete Haedrig's gift.

--Patrick

I know people use the term that way, but technically according to Blizzard themselves, the Journey is just the four chapters, and everything afterwards are extras

according to Blizzard themselves, the Journey is just the four chapters, and everything afterwards are extras
That's not what they say on their own seasonal announcement pages (they refer to Guardian and Conqueror, etc. as "part of the season journey"), but maybe it's a language thing?

--Patrick

Trying to create a seasonal character, can't create a seasonal character, keeps saying the season hasn't started yet. It's been going on now for almost 4 hours! AAAIGHHH.
...turned out my original login was from before the season started, so I had to start a new session before it realized it was season time. D'oh!

--Patrick

Aaand ended up going Crusader instead. Gonna be a cactus tank.
Pretty much done with the first four chapters. Even though I'm only level 46, I've done all the other stuff that doesn't have a level requirement attached. Too wiped to continue, though. It's been a hard day. The rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

--Patrick

For the curious, I'm currently running more-or-less this build I threw together. It's easily running T16/GR75 at P300 with low-level gems and far-from-perfect stats. I know the generator variation is strictly speaking more powerful, but so far I'm having fun with it. Any comments appreciated ;-)

<tap> <tap> This thing still on?
Ok, looks like they've finally decided to bring the COVID-extended season 21 to an end, tentative end date Nov 8th or so, meaning only about a month late. Played massively the first couple weeks, then didn't touch it until I wrapped up the journey last week sometime.

--Patrick