[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Yes. My brother hadn't played since right after the release of the expansion, and he booted it back up a few months ago for last season, as a way to stay in touch during quarantaine.

Haven't played since the beginning of the season, I rarely play much beyond the Journey. It's a new game to play for a month every four months! That runs on my pc! Yaaaay

Every so often I pop back in but hasn't held my interest. I hate that radom item drop is so important to a characters development.

Zappit

Staff member
If you like Diablo 2, consider Path of Exile.
I’ve thought about the mods. There’s another one coming out soon I’ve been hearing about recently. I might wait and check that one out. They rebooted the skills to change up the balance, and uh, the Necromancer can have multiple golems active at once. As a primarily Summon Necro player, I like that.

Or even Grim Dawn.

--Patrick
Yeah, I liked Grim Dawn. I didn't love chasing ultra rare items though. There is an end game replayability Path has that I felt Grim Dawn lacked. On the other hand, you always know what killed you in Grim Dawn.

It just depends on what you want most in that style of game.

Started the season. Man, with doing the Challenge Rift you're supposed to have it easy, but I pretty much completely crapped all over my start.
I'm a WD this season, and as the one and only upgrade I can do, I got...the Spider Queen's grasp. Which, FYI, is a completely useless legendary that doesn't add any damage.
Next I managed to gamble away 475 blood shards - that's 19 gambles - and get ZERO legendaries. Not even a useless one. Which means I can't shadow clone level for a while longer, I guess. Le sigh.

Dave

Staff member
They are zoomy. They have what amounts to a dash action, and I love it.
The monks I've played always have good speed and fucking AMAZING survivability, but their damage was not to scale. So nothing could kill me, but I took forever to burn anything down. Not good for timed dungeons.

The monks I've played always have good speed and fucking AMAZING survivability, but their damage was not to scale. So nothing could kill me, but I took forever to burn anything down. Not good for timed dungeons.
They are a good farming build, which is why ot is a good starter. Second will be either a Necro or WD. I dont love the other classes, tbh.

Monks have been adjusted but you pretty much have to go with specific builds. For timed things, there are some fairly effective Tempest Rush farming builds.
I just started a Mage. I've never played one to max level so this should be interesting.
Mage was my first char. These days, it's mainly Vyr + Chantodo.

--Patrick

Yeah. Currently grinding to 70 since that's when the real end game begins. Just hit 59, so only 11 to go before Paragon points start kicking in.

Just started playing today, though by "playing" I mean "sorting all the stuff from last season."
If Blizzard keeps introducing new sets, then they need to get on giving us another stash page.

--Patrick

Just started playing today, though by "playing" I mean "sorting all the stuff from last season."
If Blizzard keeps introducing new sets, then they need to get on giving us another stash page.

--Patrick
I always avoided this by only playing seasons. Everything non-seasonal eventually evaporates in the mail because I never open it

I know, I know. But I want a "lab" where I can try combos out before I waste all the time grinding for them only to be disappointed. I may have more space soon, though, because I think they finally fixed the "bug" where you could wear/stack two of the same legendary item if one of the two was a "legacy" version with a [slightly] different effect. If that turns out to be the case, then I have a lot of doubles that're going to suddenly become singles.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Can't get a Ring of Royal Grandeur to drop to save my life. Getting a little tired of acts 1-4 bounties.
I had one drop when I was about 50th level. I still have it and plan on at least extracting it.

But man I fucking HATE the Wizard armor. They force you to use the Hydra and then the 3rd & 4th parts of the set are just trash. Until you get the last two pieces it's just worthless.

Until you get the last two pieces it's just worthless.
The intention, of course, is that you will wear the set after grinding for the Serpent's Sparker wand and maybe also the Winter Flurry off-hand, giving you one additional hydra (with its 5 additional heads) on your side. These days, sets are actually puzzles that you have to figure out what other legendary items Blizzard expects you to pair them with...but those other items are NOT actually part of the "set," we swear...

--Patrick

Act IV has a chance to give an item from the other acts, so if you have a build that can clear quickly, you might as well just run all five bounties in T4 or higher in open games until you get one. There's no way to trade them (can't trade items from caches, they're immediately acct bound).
And I got my sorting done today, so I'll be starting my trip to 70 soon enough.

--Patrick