[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

I had a chat with a moderator over that over on icy veins. WD is listed as a b-tier speed runner with mundunugu as the suggested build. Because chicken isn't surround enough to solo split farm T16 bounties within the time limit.
I think that's too reductive towards the end game, honestly, as most players will definitely be helped with some T10 or T13 chicken runs. And this season, you can even use Mundu and chicken at once!

chicken isn't surround enough to solo split farm T16 bounties within the time limit.
...so what? Speed is speed. If I can farm T13 or T14 eight times in the time it takes you and your "better" build to farm T16 only five, won't the extra three inventory loads of potential stuff help compensate for that? Elitists who are like, "If you're not doing T16 every time then you might as well just uninstall" had better be able to produce a Diablo-related paycheck to justify why they need to take the game so seriously.

In other news, FINALLY got my Cosmic Wings last night! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..!

--Patrick

...so what? Speed is speed. If I can farm T13 or T14 eight times in the time it takes you and your "better" build to farm T16 only five, won't the extra three inventory loads of potential stuff help compensate for that? Elitists who are like, "If you're not doing T16 every time then you might as well just uninstall" had better be able to produce a Diablo-related paycheck to justify why they need to take the game so seriously.

In other news, FINALLY got my Cosmic Wings last night! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..!

--Patrick
The reason I prefer using my crusader over my necro for t16 bounties is that time to kill is irrelevant, everything dies the moment I enter the screen regardless. The only limiting factor is actual traversal from point a to point b, and in that regard the crusader with 100% uptime on horsey is much, much faster

The only limiting factor is actual traversal from point a to point b, and in that regard the crusader with 100% uptime on horsey is much, much faster
...this is the reason I called out the chicken build, since it's the one that can get you from A to B the fastest, and bounties are all about the fast. Yes I agree it's underpowered compared to other builds...but it's the fastest.

--Patrick

...this is the reason I called out the chicken build, since it's the one that can get you from A to B the fastest, and bounties are all about the fast. Yes I agree it's underpowered compared to other builds...but it's the fastest.

--Patrick
If I build a WD I'll have to try that. I'll just have to swap Old Town Road playing in the background to the chicken dance

Dear game, if I'm using the Butcher's Sickle as my weapon, that's not by choice - you just haven't given me anything useful to work with yet.
Giving me that weapon as my very first Primal of the season is a Jackass move. Giving it worse stats than the regular ancient one I'm wearing is just doubling down on it.
No SS because D3 doesn't play nice with Greenshot, but Sheesh.

Dear game, if I'm using the Butcher's Sickle as my weapon, that's not by choice - you just haven't given me anything useful to work with yet.
This year, my guaranteed primal was a Skorn :confused:, and I went all the way up to GR85 before I finally got my first Ramaladni's Gift to be able to socket my weapon. But that's fine, because I still haven't found an ancient version of the weapon I want, either (for that matter I've only found 2 of them total so far, both "regular," neither one with a socket). Guess I used up all this season's luck on the wings. :awesome:

--Patrick

I actually got a SECOND primal Butcher's Sickle. And I've found 4 ancients of the same weapon.
in the mean time, just now my very first Voo's Juicer dropped - and I've been pouring all my mats in upgrading Ceremonial Knifes for ages, and Voo's used to be the one I was completely sick and tired of seeing because it was so omnipresent. Luckily it was a semi-decently rolled Ancient, so I'm using it.
Jewelry wise it's also weird...I'm still using a Rogar's Huge Stone and Leoric's Gorget, simply because anything more useful in those slots just refuses to drop. Non-ancient, too.
my offhand is still non-ancient despite throwing literally all of my Blood Shards since the beginning of the season into mojo's. Don't get it - here as well, Gazing Demise used to be the one you got far too often and was completely useless for most builds. Le sigh.
On the other hand, I'm easily cleaning out GR75 in 3 minutes with a build that's aiming at speed rather than sturdiness or damage, so I guess I can't complain :-P

1607435472628.png

I've gotten this far, could probably do the set dungeons immediately if I (Barb) bothered to switch from Savages over to IK.

d3jour.png

That, and clearing rifts just to pump gems is booooooriiiiiiing.
EDIT: I have not actually done the 3x35 yet even though it is marked above, I just forgot to uncheck it. I think I'm at 29/29/33 and doing GR85s, could probably turn it up to 90 if I could get a socket in my other weapon.

--Patrick

Yeah, I've got two complete sets and a third 5 pieces so I could go and do a set dungeon too, I guess, but I've been lazy. Also, I don't necessarily have all the needed other items for some of the set dungeons...Though I'm sure I have what it takes or one or two and we don't need more this season.

I'm actually debating what second class to take to dinish my third conquest - Necro is my standard choice but I might go for Barb or Sader just for the variation. Does mean less useful drops (STR vs INT) from my WD though.

I'm actually debating what second class to take to dinish my third conquest - Necro is my standard choice but I might go for Barb or Sader just for the variation. Does mean less useful drops (STR vs INT) from my WD though.
If I have to light up multiple characters for a conquest or something, I will usually do complementary classes (ones that share the same prime stat) for just that reason.

--Patrick

1607534405624.png

Just one conquest and the set dungeons to go. I've never tried Sprinter before; I know I can make this into a super zoomie build but I haven't played the campaign in so long I'm pretty sure i'd have to try a few times. On the other hand, both Years of War and Masters of the Universe requires me to level a complete secon toon. on the gripping hand, I prepared forthat so the Gem of Ease is one of my level 70 gems...WHich I intended to also use for the augment after leveling the second character.
Undecided, will just keep doing GRs while I decide :)

Been having a weird issue the past few days. Whatever I try to name a loadout, it is immediately renamed "---".
All of them. If I equip an older one, save it again - bam, name changed.
Very confusing, and doesn't seem to be a general bug as I see noboy else complaining. Anyone got a clue?

And while leveling a fourth gem (since Gem of Ease is not likely to stay a part of my arsenal), I built a non-chicken build and managed to solo a GR70 in 1min 46. Man, if only the T10 2min rift was a conquest this season, I'd be finished. I mean, in groups it's more achievable, but I don't think I've ever managed to do sub-2 minutes wit this ease. It wasn't even the greatest of lay-outs.

After a few test runs with a not-terribly-optimized-but-fast build I'm afraid that doing Sprinter alone just isn't in the cards. I can finish Act I in a little 20 minutes - I can probably cut off a little bit more with better knowledge of what to skip and adding in the Chicken (I was doing it with my regular old farming speed build), but I'd have to get the time to below 16minutes to have a decent chance...And that's the part of the game I know best. I don't actually think I've finished the whole campaign more than 3 times, 5 years ago. So yeah, no. Second character it is.

Ok, just the two conquests remain (since leveling gems for Guardian gives you the first one anyway).
The first one won't be too hard, but the second...ugh.

--Patrick

Since I really haven't bene motivated to go do a set dungeon and make 6 builds to go do a GR55, I've been pushing a bit more than normal. I *think* this marks the first Season I've ever gone over GR100 solo. Hurray for me.

I can't remember if I already did it to say I did in an earlier season or not.
Whatever, I'm still one ancient weapon (or about ten more rift runs to level gems) short of being able to run them regularly. "Only" running GR95 right now, could probably do 96 or 97 but that might risk losing that extra upgrade attempt.

--Patrick

Finished the Journey.
For who it may concern, and like me doesn't pay attention: the new sets, which don't have a Set Dungeon, obviously can't count for the "8 set dungeons mastered" conquest, but they do now count for the "reach GR55 with 6 sets" conquest - so you can do 5 on one character.

you can do 5 on one character.
THAT is very welcome news.
Also I discovered that the shadow clones are not considered a shrine/pylon effect. It doesn't matter if you equip the shrine gloves or pylon amulet (or both!), the shadow clones last exactly one minute; no more, no less.

Still looks like I will need to go HC to get that last conquest, though.

--Patrick

Patch notes for 2.7.0

Lots of changes here, especially for single player games. Followers can now equip 14 items, a bunch of skill reworks including a Cheat Death passive on each Follower,and a bunch of items whose powers will work on you if equipped on the follower. Obviously won't impact group play much but this pretty much completely changes single player play.

Also some other changes, most interestingly (for me and some others here) a full rework of the Rathma Necro set. Seems like it could be fun, closer to the WD Zuni set, you're more or less supposed to create a massive wall of summons. I might try it, never really used Revives before. But while you need lots and lots of minions for CDR and DR, your damage will have to come from Bone Spirit and Army of the Dead. I'm not entirely sold on the balance, but it should defintely play differently from what it used to be. What with all the recent items focussing on Skeletal mages, they were the only way to play this set, and now it'll be different, at least.

Last edited:
While the list of items/sets whose powers will work if equipped on the Follower is limited, I'm curious to see if it'll allow RORG to be used. Being able to equip Cain's (25% chance for extra GR keys) and the Sage set (double DBs), Flavor of Time (double pylon effects), Gloves of Worship (10min shrines), all at the same time would have a pretty significant impact on farming. Avarice band is also an option that could be crazy powerful in some buids. Goldwrap is absent, which I'd say is a good thing as it'd just completely break the game even further.

I actually think they may not allow RORG to count for the Follower. but we'll see.

S22 has ended, S23 is nearby.
They've nerfed and rebalanced the reworked RRathma set so often that it's now somehow pretty much identical to all the other Necro sets, with a "dedicated minion" playstyle somehow still not allowing your minions to do any real damage. The Firebirds set, on the other hand, has been nerfed, buffed and then buffed again to be one of the strongest sets in the game right now. BOOOH.

I know the devs don't like full-minion playstyles because they're lazy, but people do want to play that way. Just let us. Don't make it the number one strongest build, but at least makea viable minion build, perhaps. Because with the current way the set works, it's....a minion build that doesn't want or need the dedicated minion legendary gem, doesn't have minions do damage, and doesn't use most minion-oriented items (like T&Ts). Wyut? I mean, I guess I'll play it, anyway, but still.

S22 has ended, S23 is nearby.
They've nerfed and rebalanced the reworked RRathma set so often that it's now somehow pretty much identical to all the other Necro sets, with a "dedicated minion" playstyle somehow still not allowing your minions to do any real damage. The Firebirds set, on the other hand, has been nerfed, buffed and then buffed again to be one of the strongest sets in the game right now. BOOOH.

I know the devs don't like full-minion playstyles because they're lazy, but people do want to play that way. Just let us. Don't make it the number one strongest build, but at least makea viable minion build, perhaps. Because with the current way the set works, it's....a minion build that doesn't want or need the dedicated minion legendary gem, doesn't have minions do damage, and doesn't use most minion-oriented items (like T&Ts). Wyut? I mean, I guess I'll play it, anyway, but still.
They seem to be deathly afraid of people just building minion builds to farm or something. All I know is that the main reason I've never bought Necro is because Zuni Witch Doctor builds actually let me DO what I could in Diablo 2 (have a big army of minions) and have fun, but I'm constantly worried they are going to ruin it.

Yep...I understand that non-interactive builds are easily botted, but there are better solutions than simply not allowing that type of build to ever be competitive.
Sadly, the WD is still a better DII Necro than the Necro. I like playing both, but yeah.

The thing I want to die is that each set has a practical REQUIREMENT that it be paired with a handful of specific legendary items. UE with Dead Man's Legacy + Yang's Recurve, WW Barb with Skull Grasp + Bul-Kathos weapon set, Rathma + Jesseth, etc.

Look, if you're going to make them so essential to maximizing how each set works, then just make them part of the set already. There's absolutely NO POINT to having thousands of items in the game if every set is always going to end up with the same thirteen pieces of equipment Every. Single. Time.

--Patrick

Tried the Boss Mode conquest today, finished with about a minute to spare....Then realized I completely forgot about Cydeae. Who puts two big spiders (it can be said Azmodan is one as well, but at least he's distinctive enough) in their game, anyway?!
Finished in 20:18. Blergh. Necros really aren't built for this conquest, with a WD it's a cakewalk.
I'll probably get it next time, but I don't feel like trying again :-P