[Movies] Dammit, Frozen (spoilers)

Well, that looks awful.
From what I understand, the special fx on OUAT usually look early-90's quality, not just this particular instance. But given the popularity of Frozen and the show is made to showcase Disney's properties? They'd be stupid NOT to bring her in.

True story: I actually modeled my latest Skyrim character on Elsa. A Breton destruction mage specializing in ice magic, with platinum blonde hair.

I call my Frost Atronach "Marshmallow".

(And then I joined the vampires in Castle Volkihar, so now I have glowy eyes, which totally doesn't fit Elsa, but hey, it's a game)

I'm far more into Pixar movies than I ever was in Disney movies simply because I'm not a huge fan of that pointless singing and the crutch of "true love" present in each and every movie.

I finally managed to watch it a few nights ago with some lady friends and let me just say... OVERRATED!

I've probably heard Adele Dazeem's "Let it Go" probably 200+ times (twice a day) and I actually really like it. Thankfully!!! It was probably the best song in this movie simply because it actually felt right. It was strong, was sung perfectly and ACTUALLY CARRIED THE PLOT FORWARD. I know I'm not a fan of all the singing but honestly can someone please tell Disney you shouldn't put 4 song within the first 30 minutes of their animation films? The snowman felt right but the others? WTF!

MY NAME IS BLA BLA AND THIS IS MY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

Jesus Christ.

The animation and visuals were beautiful though were better in Wreck it Ralph and Rapunzel. The villain swerve was done very well and the climax of the movie was solid. Far better than the extremely predictable Disney movies of past.

The old crutches were still there but let's be honest, they will never be able to provide the varied and awesome experiences each and every Pixar movie can bring. It's sad considering they took a huge step front with Wreck it Ralph but ughhhhhhh..... I guess the the suits at Disney love the predictability of good ol' green these Frozen type of movies bring.

I liked it. But I didn't love it.

The storyline didn't feel cohesive, Olaf was mostly fucking annoying (though he had a few nice zingers) and most of the songs were bad.

@Far from it.

If the last 3 movies are Rap, Frozen and WIR I'd place them WIR > Rap > Frozen

Last edited:

Cajungal

Staff member
@GasBandit I love that pic

But I'd rather they sing something from Frozen than some of the other crap I have to hear. It's been a good year for music in the classroom, actually. My 4th graders voted on "We Are the Champions" for an experiment that required a few bars of music.

GasBandit

Staff member
Really, when I saw it I thought it was just an ok kids movie. Not intolerable to sit through (and I can tell you there is some intolerable crap out there for kids). I can understand how it'd be ruined by hype for someone just now watching it though.

My best friend's wife, though, she hates it. So much. It's all their 4 year old daughter ever wants to watch.

Cajungal

Staff member
Sure, if I had to see it every day I think if hate it too. My sister had to watch it a dozen times over a weekend with her younger daughter a few weeks back.

It's all their 4 year old daughter ever wants to watch.
I am there with your friend's wife. It's an ok movie until you see it for the 50th time and have listened to the soundtrack on repeat, plus constant singing of the three main songs (Let It Go, For the First Time in Forever, and Do You Want to Build A Snowman). Then you start wishing you could go on a mass killing spree in Arendelle.

Last edited:
I am there with your friend's wife. It's an ok movie until you see it for the 50th time and have listened to the soundtrack on repeat, plus constant singing of the three main songs (Let It Go, For the First Time in Forever, and the reprise of For the First Time...). Then you start wishing you could go on a mass killing spree in Arendelle.
I've learned to never speak the words "Let it go" ever again. It always ends with a 9 year old singing that song.

Woman is making the man a favor.

6 years though? Wow. That marriage must have suuuucked.[DOUBLEPOST=1401985480,1401985401][/DOUBLEPOST]And and LOL Japan.

Now I understand.

Sat down and watched it, in its entirety.

I'm somewhat glad that I knew the plot twist, and about other parts of the movie, but there's just one thing that bothered me about it:

There wasn't enough dialogue. I mean, you don't watch someone grow up by singing the same song three times. And it seems like more people would remember things from the past, outside of Elsa.

Yeah, we have the earworm of a tune as a lynchpin for the whole movie - but compared to other Disney movies, of more classic vintage? It stunk.

Oh, and there were a few times during that little dance sequence with Anna during the coronation that I could have sworn I was watching a Christmas stop-motion special.