[Movies] Dammit, Frozen (spoilers)

And speaking of Frozen... as I'm shoveling my back porch this morning, the first thing that popped into my head was "Someone must have pissed off Elsa!". The snow is up to my knees, and since I'm not short, that's a good amount of snow!

Here's a fun "the trolls are dicks" thing I read today:
Usually trolls are depicted in fantasy films as evil, but probably none of us batted an eye at their kinder depiction here because it's a Disney film, so that kind of thing happens. BUT trolls in the folklore for the northern regions where this movie takes place typically view trolls as kidnappers of children who would sometimes replace those children with changelings. Some of us assumed Kristof was the child of one of the ice harvesters during the opening song, until he mentions that it was just him and Sven until the trolls take them in. Except he's just a kid--it seems unlikely he would've been out there with tools and sled on his own. The movie never shows he and Sven having been alone when they were young; he says that, long after he's been adopted the troll who says she's going to "keep them". And it's established at the beginning that the trolls have the power to mess with memories. They could've easily made Kristof and Sven remember being alone until the trolls, even if the truth was different. Kristof's real father might have just lost track of his son out on the ice and gone searching for him, never knowing he'd been taken by trolls.

Not the best Disney flick I've seen, but I liked it and was singing "Let it go" all the way home. I agree that a lot of the songs were shoehorned in(troll song being the most forgettable) , and yeah Weaseltown guy was a red herring but I like red herrings so I'm okay with it.
Now I knew Hans was evil the moment I looked at him and thought "Oh man I'm gonna wanna punch this guy in the face the end of this aren't I?" And sure enough- ANNA PUNCHES HIM IN THE FACE! That was fun.

BananaHands

Staff member
Frozen was okay. Seemed rushed. I think it would have been better if they dropped the dude with the moose and just had Hans tag along until the end with a big reveal that he's actually some character from Game of Thrones in terms to evil crap.

But I agree with @Gusto in that this was no Tangled. Tangled was amazing.

http://io9.com/cast-of-frozen-sings-for-fans-live-and-heres-why-th-1520159957
Frozen cast sings live!
<3 Idina <3

Also, this article:
https://medium.com/disney-and-animation/7c0bbc7252ef
Someone who absolutely hated the film. Interesting perspective.

I don't think I ever gave my $0.02 about the movie...
I thought it was fun, but I don't know why everyone is going crazy over this movie. Visually, it was amazingly beautiful. I'm not crazy about 3D (I'd much rather watch a movie in 2D than 3D) but this was absolutely stunning.
The plot was alright. Olaf wasn't nearly as obnoxious as I thought he would be. I thought for sure he would ruin the entire film.
I thought it was bizarre that Kristoff never mentioned seeing Anna when she was a kid. Also weird that Anna never found out about what happened when she and Elsa were kids.
Songs were 'meh'. I LOVED "Let It Go" but the other songs were just okay. I thought the music was "Tangled" was better.
I guessed that Hans was bad, and also guessed the ending of the movie from the start. Also guessed Olaf's ending. This didn't ruin the movie for me by any means... I tend to keep guesses to myself and it's just fun when I'm right. :3 (I do the same thing with books... And actually I'm rarely correct with my guesses.)
The trolls were completely useless...
Not a bad movie by any means, and I will probably buy it at some point, but I'm just not gaga about it like most of my friends seem to be. Loving the Elsa cosplays though!
Anyway, taking Twiggy and our niece to see the movie tonight since neither has seen it, and we want to spend more time with this niece. :)

Someone indicated they can't hear the song anymore without laughing at how well it applies to farting.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I tried

Don’t let them in, don’t let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

and so forth.

I'm going to an outdoor viewing for a charity event on Friday. I'll finally get to see what everyone has been talking about. I'm excited!

Due to the fact that the local Wal-Mart (the only major retailer in my fair city) is less than three weeks away from moving to its new Supercenter facility across the way, they are completely out of copies of Frozen. :(

Despite the fact that it's going to turn all my boys gay, we snagged a copy of it at Target last night. They only had a handful of the blueray version left, and if we had waited until today we would likely not have been able to get one. Target added a DVD to the shrink wrap with a few extra special features. Doubt they'll be anything particularly interesting, but who knows.

Amazon still has it in stock though.

And here I am sitting in the clerks office at church, listening to a few young women singing songs from Frozen in the foyer. I'm impressed, you have to have pretty good range to sing Anna's first time in forever song and then switch to Kristoph's reindeer song...

Surprised they aren't releasing a 3D blueray version. I guess they're splitting it up so they can make the 3D fanatics pay twice? Probably something more mundane like a desire to reprocess the movie for better home 3D or something. Still, the capitalist squeeze theory appeals to me.

Zappit

Staff member
Frozen is gay propaganda? Oh, fer...Honestly, if I ever get a genie, wish 1 is that that sort of willful, over dramatic ignorance causes taste buds to grow in one's anus.

Yeah, then everything is twisted. That Aslan lion that crowd likes? Encourages bestiality AND suicide. The Wizard of Oz? Atheist propaganda: Oz, a metaphor for God, is revealed as a phony. See? We can play that game, too.

More Frozen (and Disney) stuff - The "Secret" 'Frozen'-'Tangled'-'Mermaid' Connection and Other Disney Conspiracy Theories

#1) I'd heard about the first part (Rapunzel/Eugene in Frozen), but not the Little Mermaid part and the part that the parents from Frozen going to the Tangled celebration does make some sense.

#2) Possible - a little out there.

#3) Again heard of, not surprising, somewhat out there, but less than #2.

Not so sure about #4 and 5, they seem a little bit more out there than #2.

Last edited: