Coronavirus Thread

Well, looks like my wife tested positive. We’re not sure where she would have gotten it, but my best guess would be from the doctors office, but we don’t know. She had to go to urgent care for stomach issues last week, which had been going on for a month, so we didn’t think much of it when she started feeling other symptoms this week too. She got a COVID test to rule it out just in case.
It sucks. Hopefully we didn’t expose my parents, but they’re going to get tested just in case. I’ll be getting tested today too. I guess it goes to show that even if you wear a mask and try to limit exposure, it can still happen.

GasBandit

Staff member
2 of the 3 people who work in our inventory department just got put on 2 week quarantine for direct exposure to a family member who has tested positive.

Without our inventory department working, we may as well shut the doors and turn off the lights.

We've moved some other guys in there to help out in the meantime, but I am, of course, wondering if this isn't the event that finally leads to the 'rona rolling through here like a tsunami.

Some of you may or may not know that when Dolly Parton is not secretly boosting literacy rates, she’s also quietly helping fund coronavirus research.

This went places.

Thank you, Dolly, for continuing to make a difference.

—Patrick
I saw this on the news the other night, and it's further proof this woman is a treasure.

GasBandit

Staff member
Stay safe, big guy.
I actually have very little contact with the guys in inventory, so I'm probably safe - however, there's always a chain of dominoes. But even if I don't catch it, Inventory interacts MUCH more with our installers... and if installers start testing positive, we're done for the season here.

Of course, in 2 weeks, it'd be elementary from it to spread from inventory through install, to the Project Managers, and from there to Programming (where I am). That's what I mean by the tsunami - as far as I know, the family members who tested positive didn't get tested until symptoms arose, and that's probably how things will go for employees here, too.

I had a "pretty bad cold" last week that now I wonder if it wasn't something more. Maybe I should just go get tested for the heck of it. Who knows who all else I might have infected (or WILL over thanksgiving)... though I kept my mask on pretty much every waking moment I was not in the house while I was symptomatic. But then again, contagiousness starts 2 weeks before symptoms...

I actually have very little contact with the guys in inventory, so I'm probably safe - however, there's always a chain of dominoes. But even if I don't catch it, Inventory interacts MUCH more with our installers... and if installers start testing positive, we're done for the season here.

Of course, in 2 weeks, it'd be elementary from it to spread from inventory through install, to the Project Managers, and from there to Programming (where I am). That's what I mean by the tsunami - as far as I know, the family members who tested positive didn't get tested until symptoms arose, and that's probably how things will go for employees here, too.

I had a "pretty bad cold" last week that now I wonder if it wasn't something more. Maybe I should just go get tested for the heck of it. Who knows who all else I might have infected (or WILL over thanksgiving)... though I kept my mask on pretty much every waking moment I was not in the house while I was symptomatic. But then again, contagiousness starts 2 weeks before symptoms...
TBH that's the first though I had last week.

GasBandit

Staff member
You had cold symptoms and didn't get tested? Dude.
If I'd run a fever, I would have. But literally the only symptoms I had were cough, congestion, and not feeling energetic enough to play multiplayer VR.

So maybe "bad cold" was even overselling it.

I've had pretty much non-stop cold symptoms and shit since March TBH. Due to allergies and wildfires making air quality shit. I didn't get tested, but I also pretty much never leave the house, and my symptoms never changed.