[TV] Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly, last season was just horrible. This season seems to be regaining some of what I thought was lost last season.

We're halfway through season 2 and fucking loving it. Total disagreement on loss of quality--the show just keeps getting better. I liked how mid-season 2 had a couple grim episodes for the group, and yet was still hilarious as always.

Can't imagine anything can top the season 1 paintball episode though. I'm gonna need to get season 1 at some point just to watch that again and again.

Damn Alison Brie is hot. Working my way through season 2. Just watched the Christmas episode.

I loved the Bottle episode, and the return of Annie's Boobs. I think more episodes need to feature Annie's Boobs.

Quite frankly, last season was just horrible. This season seems to be regaining some of what I thought was lost last season.
Did you accidentally watch the Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men or something and not realize it? Because last season was absolutely hilarious. The only thing that was not up to snuff was Chang's role in the whole thing. And thats about the only thing they could possibly improve on in this season (And they did, by actually giving him some authority again).

I pretty much hated the whole pierce as an out and out villain arc.
That did wear thin but it made for some great moments/episodes.

"Sitting atop Draconis, naked as the day he was born is.... Pierce Hawthorne."
Added at: 12:35
And honestly it wasn't any less aggravating than half of season 1 wherein Pierce is graciously donating his perceived talents towards helping almost every member of the group and others (Von, the Dean).

That did wear thin but it made for some great moments/episodes.

"Sitting atop Draconis, naked as the day he was born is.... Pierce Hawthorne."
Added at: 12:35
And honestly it wasn't any less aggravating than half of season 1 wherein Pierce is graciously donating his perceived talents towards helping almost every member of the group and others (Von, the Dean).
I do have to agree some of that was getting too long, but I really think the whole two-part finale with the climax of Pierce's Arc, and Fort Hawthorne especially, really made up for the arc dragging as much as it did, and I have a feeling that on repeat viewing, knowing that there IS such a good climax to it, the arc will probably play better for me.
The only real complaint I have with second season is Chang, who in the first season was one of my favourite side characters, losing his perceived authority. I think it made his "Chang is crazy!" humour not really funny anymore. Suddenly it was just, "Man, Chang IS crazy."

Today is also the day that I learned the Community characters actually have Twitter accounts and really did live tweet #AnniesMove.

ElJuski

Staff member
I was down on this thread until somebody had the fucking balls to say Season 2 was bad; they are wrong. That is all.

If the ratings aren't there, there's not much that can be done. It's not been screwed over up to now, not by NBC at any rate. Sucks, but business is business.

Status
Not open for further replies.