[TV] Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, everyone! Community will be back on March 15th at 8pm EST.

Bad news, everyone! It's going to be bumping Parks and Recreation off the air for 6 weeks.

COMMUNITY WILL BE BACK ON MARCH 15TH AT 8 PM WOOOOOOOO

Also, I loved this tweet from (Lost producer) Damon Lindelof:

"COMMUNITY is back at 8 on the 15th. I have a good feeling about those numbers."

ElJuski

Staff member
Parks and Rec was going to end a few weeks early. And I don't know; this past season of Parks has been good, but not as excellent as the one prior. I think Community tops it--just barely--for me.

Parks and Rec was going to end a few weeks early. And I don't know; this past season of Parks has been good, but not as excellent as the one prior. I think Community tops it--just barely--for me.
Yeah, i watched the last 2 episodes to see what the show was about and i liked it, but didn't find anything special in them (guy from Party Down and Louis CK = very high expectations), even if they where far above the average.

Then i started watching from the beginning and man, the first season and a half i got through so far have been hilariously awesome... i even find it funnier (not better) then Community.

Also, SNL wasted Amy Poehler's talent... she's brilliant in this...

ElJuski

Staff member
If you started from Parks and Rec from any random point in the last few seasons, it would be a stretch to find it enjoyable. You have to get to know the characters before you find their shenanigans hilarious.

If you started from Parks and Rec from any random point in the last few seasons, it would be a stretch to find it enjoyable.
No, not really... like i said, i found it funny enough to start watching from the beginning...it's just that the last two episodes didn't have the same crazy plots that made me choke with laughter... "the four best words in the english language: you wore me down" was great, but the first season had moments like it a few times per episode imo.

ElJuski

Staff member
hence my original statement. Once you get the know the characters, the seasons get better and better. Season 1 is pretty unbearable, comparatively. Season 3 ownnnns

hence my original statement. Once you get the know the characters, the seasons get better and better. Season 1 is pretty unbearable, comparatively. Season 3 ownnnns
Your statement implies that i didn't enjoy the 2 episodes as much because i didn't know the characters... while for me the stuff that made me laugh out loud was more about the situations/personalities and their comments on it... they just struck me as way more absurd in the 1st season and a half...

Now that they're all actually friends it probably wouldn't work without making them seem mean spirited... so it's consistent character development, which is good, but not as funny to me...

Guess it's the same as my preference for british humour over american, Monthy Python and Colbert are on the same quality level, but teh dryer british delivery speaks more to me...

Which is probably why the ending of ep 2.12 where they waited for Leslie to light up the tree was meh for me... too sweet.

When it comes to humour, for me, dead babies >>>>>> everything...

EDIT: And to be clear, it wasn't just the 6 season 1 episodes, Andy living in the pit and other crazy half of Season2 stuff is included.

yup, dead babies. Hilarious.
While on the subject, does anyone know what the film where the Prime Minister solved the unemployment problem by throwing out of work people off a cliff is called?Also, there was something about a tiger, a princess getting kidnapper and a bomb being smashed to bits and only exploding after they swept the pieces with a broom...

While on the subject, does anyone know what the film where the Prime Minister solved the unemployment problem by throwing out of work people off a cliff is called?Also, there was something about a tiger, a princess getting kidnapper and a bomb being smashed to bits and only exploding after they swept the pieces with a broom...
The United States of America.

So, i finished s2 and started on s3... and i got to say, there was a mid-season slump there, and then the end of season 2 picked up and s3 so far was been just as good as Andy-in-the-pit-time...

And i see what you guys mean about s3 and knowing the characters... although that's more like icing on the cake then what makes it funny imo...

So... um... IT'S BACK.

I really liked the new episode. I prefer having Peirce back to being an unintentional dick than being an out and out villain.

I know people are saying "Watch it on TV if you want it to keep going!" but I can't. We literally do not have the ability without paying another $30 a month, which we can't afford. We're going to try watching in as close proximity on NBC.com as possible and hopefully they count that. They should, considering you now have to sit through four commercial sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.