Comic Book News

Marvel seems to believe Bendis is a great way to revitalize a fanbase. They put him on Iron Man after announcing that Iron Man would be the new face of Marvel. Which brought us this bullshit:

I don't like this, not due to the copypasta, but rather due to the fact that Stephen's character would never actually do this.

--Patrick

Love is Love comes out next week and will be square bound paperback, not a floppy.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/12/21/love-is-love-available-december-28?sf47781953=1

This lists who's written stories and the names are crazy. While officially this is a DC/Image project, they got some Marvel writers onboard too, and even some from outside comics. The cause is great, but this looks like it'll be worth picking up for the talent involved even without that.

Love is Love was sold out at my shop.

I'm happy it sold that well, especially since I know my shop bulked up on their order, but I wish I was one who got it. Amazon will have in two weeks, but still.

That quote is from earlier 2016. He'd been writing the script since then and they start filming in a couple months.

I don't have confidence in the DCEU either, but I'm not rooting for failure. Affleck is an incredible director and if there's one movie in this mess with a chance of being solid, this is the one.

Also, don't we have a thread specifically for this? A thread of Nick's own creation? :p

Love is Love was sold out at my shop.

I'm happy it sold that well, especially since I know my shop bulked up on their order, but I wish I was one who got it. Amazon will have in two weeks, but still.
That is why you have a pull list. >.> Unless you had it on your pull list and the shop didn't order enough to accommodate all of them.

That is why you have a pull list. >.> Unless you had it on your pull list and the shop didn't order enough to accommodate all of them.
My pull list is subscription stuff. I've pre-ordered books through them before, but this was a one-shot and I didn't think it'd be an issue. They did order a lot of them, but still sold out. Now they're back-ordered.

Amazon's release date changed though and they will have it to me on Wednesday.

The only way that should happen is if a bunch of people suddenly add it within a month of its release. A month out is when orders for the big publishers get locked in (its longer for the really small guys). We've had that happen a few times in our store, most notably when rebirth came out and we had people up until the night before trying to go down for it and being upset that we told them they weren't getting the first issue.

Now this is all assuming your store can run smoothly.[DOUBLEPOST=1483470881,1483470736][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm fairly sure that Geoff Johns has a life insurance policy that pays off triple if he gets murdered by Alan Moore.
Alan Moore can give a damn if he actually created characters instead of aping other peoples turning them dark and getting offended because other people dared to write comics after him.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...ropping-buy-physical-get-digital-comics-deal/

Marvel is dropping the "buy physical comic, get digital copy" thing. Instead, when you buy a comic, you get a digital code for 3 other comics instead. Which are the same that month no matter what comic you buy. For example, one of the featured free comics this month is...Civil War II #0! So basically, it sounds like this will be a way to promote the latest flavour of the month (see also: big, dumb event) rather than give you a digital copy of the comic you just bought.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...ropping-buy-physical-get-digital-comics-deal/

Marvel is dropping the "buy physical comic, get digital copy" thing. Instead, when you buy a comic, you get a digital code for 3 other comics instead. Which are the same that month no matter what comic you buy. For example, one of the featured free comics this month is...Civil War II #0! So basically, it sounds like this will be a way to promote the latest flavour of the month (see also: big, dumb event) rather than give you a digital copy of the comic you just bought.
I've got several years of codes that I've never used, might actually check one out that interests me this way.

But no matter how many comics you buy in the month, you still only get codes for the same three digital books.
I actually only get comics once a month because I have to mail order. Closest comic store is 90 miles north or south of here, have a gaming store that is trying to do a few comics, but they really don't seem to be too interested in promoting them, it's two small wire racks at the back of the store.

I actually only get comics once a month because I have to mail order. Closest comic store is 90 miles north or south of here, have a gaming store that is trying to do a few comics, but they really don't seem to be too interested in promoting them, it's two small wire racks at the back of the store.
Okay? That doesn't really counter my point. If you order 10 comics, you still only get codes for the exact same 3 digital comics.

Okay? That doesn't really counter my point. If you order 10 comics, you still only get codes for the exact same 3 digital comics.
Since I don't currently use the codes (I have the hard copies) getting a peek into a comic that might interest me might encourage me to actually use a code. So that it's the same comics for a month doesn't matter, because I only get my comics once a month, and I haven't redeemed any codes for comics that I actually own.

Reading a comic book on the computer/tablet just doesn't feel "right" to me. I do read books on my tablet, but comics just don't flow right, especially when there are double page spreads in the artwork. Maybe if I could afford something the size of the iPad Pro it would be different, but the current screens available to me just don't encourage me to read a comic on the screen.

Wow. It starts with issues, and then balloons to volumes, and then deluxe volumes. I'm pretty sure that Saga book is the first three trades. Damn.
It is. The second volume is coming out in a few months, too. I'm thinking of selling my 5 trades and getting the two deluxe eventually. I never got Vol.5 because I have a subscription to it on Comixology (along with Invincible, Sex Criminals, and Chew until it recently finished).

Dave

Staff member
I can't buy any Humble thing ever again or access what I had. It's telling my my password is bad and that I've got 2-factor authentication, which seems to me like someone has hacked my account. And they won't help me fix it without said 2-factor authentication THAT I DIDN'T FUCKING PUT ON!!

I can't buy any Humble thing ever again or access what I had. It's telling my my password is bad and that I've got 2-factor authentication, which seems to me like someone has hacked my account. And they won't help me fix it without said 2-factor authentication THAT I DIDN'T FUCKING PUT ON!!
I think Humble actually added two factor auth automatically a little while ago. How long has it been since you last checked it?

fade

Staff member
I have never been clear on what actually happens to Brock when he becomes Venom. Does his body actually change, or does he wear the symbiote like a suit? If it's just a suit, how is it a symbiote? I found this image from what I'm guessing is early 90s by the artwork:

qUe_9LJZwNTp1o9I3PwCj24wMs2OpqhZtiELydxzM8U.jpg

But I don't know it that's canon or not.

Dave

Staff member
I think Humble actually added two factor auth automatically a little while ago. How long has it been since you last checked it?
Tried a few weeks ago. They told me I need 4 receipts to verify it's me. I don't HAVE 4 receipts. I have 1.[DOUBLEPOST=1485207016,1485206931][/DOUBLEPOST]Ooh! They finally sent me something helpful! An email that will send me receipts. Well then. I might have to withdraw my bitching.

BananaHands

Staff member
I have never been clear on what actually happens to Brock when he becomes Venom. Does his body actually change, or does he wear the symbiote like a suit? If it's just a suit, how is it a symbiote? I found this image from what I'm guessing is early 90s by the artwork:

View attachment 23116

I feel like it comes down to the artist on how they want to draw it. I feel like I remember some instances where his mouth actually changed - but that might have just been Mac Gargan.

GasBandit

Staff member

View attachment 23116

It's called a symbiote because the longer you wear it the more it "merges" with you. At one point, loud noises could no longer separate the symbiote from Eddie Brock because he'd worn it so long it had bonded with him completely. It's implied that the bonding is more psychological (or perhaps even neurobiological) than physical.