Comic Book News

Rumor mill says Peter David will be writing a Scarlet Spider series post-Clone Conspiracy.

It's like the '90s called and said, "Hey, that thing that's been on back order for 20 years? It's ready." This would've been perfect back then, but now? Hrm.

Zappit

Staff member
I swear it's like the Marvel editors are running a contest: Take every bad idea they've had since the 90's and see who can make it work. Fuck all if it doesn't - there's a Marvel movie about to make a billion dollars anyway.

Rumor mill says Peter David will be writing a Scarlet Spider series post-Clone Conspiracy.

It's like the '90s called and said, "Hey, that thing that's been on back order for 20 years? It's ready." This would've been perfect back then, but now? Hrm.
To be fair, it wasn't long ago there was a Scarlet Spider book starring Kaine. It was pretty good, too.

Old school Barry Allen Flash is my shit, every other week he's fighting some new subterranean race or weird scientist and I love it! Kiiiiiiiiiiiinda wish they'd have been just as imaginative with sub-plots though, "Oh no, I can't be late for my date with Iris!" That's almost every issue, and its downright monotonous.

BananaHands

Staff member
Marvel Month-to-Month Sales Chart November 2016: Children and Women Firsts!

Boy, that’s not a good month for Marvel Now!’s new launches. The illusion behind Champions’ and Dr Strange: Sorcerers Supreme‘s numbers have faded out and one of them woke up with a very bad headache. The expansion of Thor’s, Iron Man’s, Black Panther’s and Dr Strange’s success to other titles is not working out and, worst of all, the Deadpool franchise seems to have reached its limit, if not went over it. All hope of revitalizing the Avengers franchise can be forgotten: the franchise is agonizing with very weak debut launches of Avengers, Avengers 1.1 and Occupy Avengers.
I'm glad Renew Your Vows is up there. Maybe it'll make Marvel throw OMD out the window. Also, Clone Conspiracy seems to be a major flop. Kick Slott out.

Anyway, who's ready for the fifth relaunch of Marvel NOW?

DC Solicitations for March 2017

Naturally, I don't care about the monthly stuff, but there're some good nuggets in here for me:

-Volume 2 of Mark Waid's Flash run. This one will include The Return of Barry Allen storyline, which was my first Flash story and made me love the character. So that's exciting.

-Legionnaires Vol 1. This is post-Zero Hour Legion of Superhero stuff. I seem to recall it was good back in the day. Never been a big LoSH fan, but I might check this out. Seems like DC's pushing more LoSH lately. Maybe there're plans for them to appear on Supergirl or Legends?

-Superman/Lois action figures based on the Superman Animated Series! They've done a great job on the Batman Animated figures. So much so that if I had the income, I'd probably be buying some.

And then there's this. Which is an, uh, interesting take on Aquaman.

Legionaires is one of the best LOSH, and my personal favorite continuity. An improvement over the originals in almost every way.

Marvel To Run “Best Bendis Moments” Variant Covers

Guys. Guardians of the Galaxy is almost free of Bendis. Even if it's rumored that Slott will be taking over - at least we'll get Bendis off of Guardians right??

Now, I'm betting he's going to jump on Fantastic Four next and ruin everything for everyone.
So when I told Jude Terror this news and that the first such cover would be on next year’s Guardians Of The Galaxy #18 and he responded “what, will it be a blank cover” I was duty bound to hit him on both cheeks with the side of salmon I’d just bought for Christmas.
Hahaha

BananaHands

Staff member
Please. Fantastic Four isn't popular enough for Bendis to shamelessly ride its coattails.
Marvel seems to believe Bendis is a great way to revitalize a fanbase. They put him on Iron Man after announcing that Iron Man would be the new face of Marvel. Which brought us this bullshit:

Marvel’s Possible Cancellations By Stealth For February And March 2017?

Surprising no one, Solo and Foolkiller are done. Not even sure why they were given their own solos.
A trade ending at #6 is normal, but a lot of those others are probably done.

The X-Men and Inhuman ones aren't even speculation; Marvel is having an "out with the old, in with the new" sweep-up, so the current X and Inhumans titles are ending, to replaced by new ones and special one-shots to get them launched.

I have a hard time seeing Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur being cancelled because Marvel is really trying to boost the character, they like the critical accolades even if the book is lukewarm, and they can sell the trades at school book fairs same as they do with Squirrel Girl.

BananaHands

Staff member
A trade ending at #6 is normal, but a lot of those others are probably done.

The X-Men and Inhuman ones aren't even speculation; Marvel is having an "out with the old, in with the new" sweep-up, so the current X and Inhumans titles are ending, to replaced by new ones and special one-shots to get them launched.

I have a hard time seeing Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur being cancelled because Marvel is really trying to boost the character, they like the critical accolades even if the book is lukewarm, and they can sell the trades at school book fairs same as they do with Squirrel Girl.
I think Moon Girl is in Inhumans Prime now, not sure if that means they're cutting her solo or not.[DOUBLEPOST=1482283660,1482283526][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh my - that Medusa.

I think Moon Girl is in Inhumans Prime now, not sure if that means they're cutting her solo or not.[DOUBLEPOST=1482283660,1482283526][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh my - that Medusa.
Possibly, but I wouldn't assume that yet. Ms. Marvel sure isn't getting cancelled, and Black Bolt is getting a solo.

I'll let her turn ME into stone, if you know what I mean! :unibrow:
She doesn't do that; she just kills people with her hair.