Comic Book News

On another forum, I used to play ad libs with them. I'd post a bunch of primers, the forum members would each take a few and add their bit, and then I'd post the edited Chick tract with their words/phrases.

I still think the best rewrites were when people were inserting @dril tweets into the art.
They probably are.

But I hold that mine pre-dated @dril by several years!

Of course, before that was the one where the tract was reworked and edited to be about converting a guy to serve the Old Ones and read the Necronomicon.

Read this whole Twitter thread. It's a really beautiful little positive story of comics.

Also, fuck you if you think inclusion isn't important.

Surprised she didn't recommend Bombshells.

Also, lol at the guy who didn't know Renee Montoya is gay. I guess they downplay it in New 52? Because sex seems to be half of her coping skills in 52, the other half being alcohol.

I'm just gonna enjoy the new issue of Champions today and count the months until it gets wrapped up in a similar Marvel fuckup. Hey, maybe Miles can have a clone saga!

In the latest issue of The Clone Conspiracy, it's revealed who is behind the Jackal mask.

And it's...

Ben Riley, aka The Scarlet Spider from the original Clone Saga!

Isn't that exciting, you guys?! One commenter at Bleeding Cool put it perfectly: "Stop it, Marvel. I can only get so flaccid."
...God, these events are dumb.

Thank goodness for all the smaller titles and side stories that can unfold while being (largely) untouched by this stuff.

...God, these events are dumb.

Thank goodness for all the smaller titles and side stories that can unfold while being (largely) untouched by this stuff.
Like Squirrel Girl!

I like how one Squirrel Girl panel suggested that there never was a clome saga, that Peter Parker did a bunch of stupid crap and made up the whole clone story to hide it.

BananaHands

Staff member
In the latest issue of The Clone Conspiracy, it's revealed who is behind the Jackal mask.

And it's...

Ben Riley, aka The Scarlet Spider from the original Clone Saga!

Isn't that exciting, you guys?! One commenter at Bleeding Cool put it perfectly: "Stop it, Marvel. I can only get so flaccid."
Absolutely disgusting.

Not only that, but he wants to clone Uncle Ben. Dug up his grave and everything and has his body in a box. You'd think Peter would beat the shit out of him for desecrating his uncle's grave - but we know Slott isn't that competent.

Why did Spider-Gwen go along with pretending to be a Gwen Stacy clone? That doesn't seem in-character for her from reading some of her solo title.

BananaHands

Staff member
Why did Spider-Gwen go along with pretending to be a Gwen Stacy clone? That doesn't seem in-character for her from reading some of her solo title.
Kaine is dying and asked her to. I guess the two of them have been to multiple realities where this nonsense leads a zombie-like plague that ends the world.

Kaine is dying and asked her to. I guess the two of them have been to multiple realities where this nonsense leads a zombie-like plague that ends the world.
Okaaaaaay ... so when did they suddenly develop America Chavez's powers?

I can never tell the difference between this thread and the "bitch about comics" thread.
Really it should've been posted in the bitch about comics thread, but the clone's out of the bag now.

BananaHands

Staff member
Okaaaaaay ... so when did they suddenly develop America Chavez's powers?

Really it should've been posted in the bitch about comics thread, but the clone's out of the bag now.
Spider-Verse. Spider-UK, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Gwen, Spider Ham and Spider-Man India hop around the multiverse fixing problems. I think they go against a council of alternate sinister six members.