[NFL] 2014 NFL Season

Dave

Staff member
How 'bout them Cowboys?!?

Enjoy it, boys, Brees is a'comin' next week. And it's going to be brutal.

Welp, guess I won't have to worry about any pesky cases of "Packer Flu" come January...
What the hell happened today? I didn't see any of the game, or any highlights, or any commentary - just boom "Detroit 19 Green Bay 7" along the bottom of the screen.

Dave

Staff member
In fantasy football this week I'm a winner outright in 4 of my leagues and only need 2 points from Nick Folk to win in my 5th.

Nick Foles is my starting QB in three of them and it kills me to root for Philly as a Dallas fan. I hope they lose in a shootout every week.

Dave

Staff member
I'm the top scorer in three of the leagues, although Bumble is going to pass me here after the massive week he had.

One thing that's funny is that I'm the top scorer in my 24 team league. Think of that. Out of 24 teams I score more than any of them.

I'm 1-2 and this week was my first win. Sometimes luck just isn't with you. I'm also the guy with the highest points against total.

I ran across a couple of interesting articles about the Ray Rice story today:

At theMMQB, Steelers Cornerback William Gay commented:

A lot of people have asked me for my thoughts about the Ray Rice situation. They want to know if I think the punishment has been fair. With all due respect to the commissioner, I couldn’t care less about what the punishment was. My concern is not about how many games Ray Rice is going to play or not play. This isn’t about games or football; it’s about the bigger picture. It’s about life itself. If that situation had escalated, the woman could have died and a little girl could have grown up without a mother.

If we’re going to fix this problem in the NFL, our focus can’t be solely on what the punishments should be. The main priority needs to be helping victims—to show them how they can be heroes. The league needs to be asking, Why is this occurring? And how can we help prevent this? The NFL needs to focus on setting up programs that can help men and women have healthy relationships. Let players know about what facilities or services are available. We, as players, need to continue talking about this. Keep the issue of domestic violence in the conversation to raise awareness. That’s where our energy needs to be.
His mother was a victim of domestic abuse. He talks about it in a PSA for the Women's Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh.

In other news, ESPN’s Bill Simmons has been suspended 3 weeks for calling Roger Goodell a liar over the Ray Rice issue.
SoundCloud

Dave

Staff member
Goes to show how far ESPN has sold out to the leagues. ESPN used to be about sports reporting and now it's nothing but a score-giving love-fest. If the NFL had a dick, ESPN would have worn out kneecaps from all the sucking.

JJ Watt and the rest of the Texans are coming to town.

Gonna be a good game.
I grew up just outside Dallas, and grew up on Staubach and Tony Dorsett. But now I live near Houston and I've watched this team closely, and I've gone to at least a game a year for the last decade...

So I'll bring 4 t-shirts to the party and change them out each quarter.

Dave

Staff member
Fuck Eddie Lacy. In my big league his scoring is as follows:
  1. 7 points
  2. 7 points
  3. 2 points
  4. 12 points
And of course, the week he plays against me.

32 fucking points.

Fuck Eddie Lacy. In my big league his scoring is as follows:
  1. 7 points
  2. 7 points
  3. 2 points
  4. 12 points
And of course, the week he plays against me.

32 fucking points.
Kwik Trip has a promotion where it is selling player photo cups as their "Big Gulp"-like drinks for this season.

I guess I'll have to send you an Eddie Lacy one... ;)

There's an arrogance surrounding this year's Steelers that's makes me glad I'm going to wind up sleeping through this whole season. If getting their teeth kicked in by the Browns didn't get their attention, nothing will. And this lot will deserve to crash and burn.

Apparently the reason he didn't make the trip to Oakland for the pre-season game was because he'd gotten in a fight with Doug Baldwin, and was "dealing with anger management problems."