[NFL] 2014 NFL Season

I haven't mentioned Manziel at all, but the Texans need a QB. Yes, this addition will just add another layer on the defense, but then we weren't getting blown out in most games unless the offense was throwing it away (literally). The defense was keeping the team in games all last year, but the offense wasn't able to give the defense time to rest or points to allow them to win the close games.

I haven't mentioned Manziel at all, but the Texans need a QB. Yes, this addition will just add another layer on the defense, but then we weren't getting blown out in most games unless the offense was throwing it away (literally). The defense was keeping the team in games all last year, but the offense wasn't able to give the defense time to rest or points to allow them to win the close games.
The Manziel comment was just from listening to the talking heads (who I don't think have been right since the Clowney pick) debate whether or not the Texans would take Manziel or Clowney.

I just feel bad they keep shoving the camera in his face after each team doesn't pick him. Way to pour some lemon in that wound.

Meanwhile, Odell Beckham? Um, okay. Not really having an issue with that.

NCAA announces there will be no penalty for Johnny Manziel for his alleged sports memorabilia violations. They have determined that being drafted by the Browns is punishment enough.

Yeah, I know, easy shot.

Clowney, we picked freaking Clowney. We need a quarterback to get the offense going right, and we pick a defensive player with the #1 pick... AAARRRGGGHHHH!
Clowney was the best athlete available at that point in the draft. I don't really like Houston's tendency to pick D-lineman in the first round. Mario and JJ have worked out pretty well, but the others were total busts. I'll need to check what QB's will be available on Friday. Hopefully one of the contenders will still be open.

I think the Vikes intentionally traded up because they knew Bridgewater wouldn't be there.
There is another benefit to taking Bridgewater in the first round. The Vikings will have the option of adding a fifth year to his contract because he was a first round pick which they wouldn't have if he was taken in the second round.

I think the Vikes intentionally traded up because they knew Bridgewater wouldn't be there.
Yeah there was no chance Houston wouldn't take him, and Minny knew that.

I don't know how to feel. I really like Watkins, but I hate giving up our first rounder next year when we're by no means guaranteed to have a low draft pick.

The one bright side of the trade is that we at least look like we have a stacked receiving core. Watkins, Stevie, Woods, Goodwin, Williams...
Wait what?
We traded Stevie Johnson, our best receiver for years for a 4th round pick in 2015?
Thats our Bills!

The one bright side of the trade is that we at least look like we have a stacked receiving core. Watkins, Stevie, Woods, Goodwin, Williams...
Wait what?
We traded Stevie Johnson, our best receiver for years for a 4th round pick in 2015?
Thats our Bills!
But you guys have to be able to pay for Mario Williams.

Anyone check out NFL Now yet? I wasn't paying attention to it because of the lack of live games, but it looks like it's free, with a $2/month pro version. No live games is still terrible (as is $200+ for Sunday Ticket even if it didn't require DirecTV), but this might be a good replacement for my lack of ESPN.

We were a school based on running backs. Our QB just had to turn around, hand the ball off, and not lose the game.

Wow, the Colts really came back strong in that 2nd half. If they'd had Robert Mathis on the field, the Broncos would have been in serious trouble.

Dave

Staff member
I'm in 5 fantasy football leagues. I think I got beat in all of them, although I'll probably beat Charlie in ours.