Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

I don't mind a nice slow leveling experience as long as I have someone to goof off with. It's when I level alone I get a bit impatient. One of the reasons I wish my wife would start playing again.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, I thought I spelled it wrong but was running late and didn't have time to look it up. Or I was lazy. Whichever.

Logged in for the new beta patch, pet battles are a bit addicting.
Oh god, I would kick so much arse at pet battles... I had well over a hundred.

Once some guy just randomly walked up to my toon and started showing off his 12 pets, cycling through them all...

Then I went through my 140+ pets for him...

Oh god, I would kick so much arse at pet battles... I had well over a hundred
Well the amount of pets won't matter, since you can only have 3 active ones ;)

Really though, after playing it earlier today, it's a lot more like Pokemon then I even originally thought. I mean, it's so similar Blizzard had to have some sort of agreement with Nintendo, it's crazy.

You find random "battle pets" in the wild, you can then engage them with your own pets and either defeat them, or capture them. Capturing them involves tossing a wooden trap that lands on top of them, with the battle pet attempting to escape. You can't trap pets unless they are weak from battle. They have pet trainers that are located in zones that you can challenge for lots of pet experience. They even have it so if the pets are dead or injured, you have to take them to a stable master to revive and heal them. (lol poke hospital). Lastly, certain pets types are stronger or weaker versus other pet types.

Either Blizzard is paying loads of cash to Nintendo, or I see them getting major sued in the future.

In case anyone is wondering where I am this week, I decided to finish some leveling goals on another server, so focusing on that this week.

Also, I found out I have a friend on Wyrmrest Accord that plays on the Horde side, so likely I will make one or two characters on that side before RaF is up. Anyone else want to play some hordies?

Dave

Staff member
Maybe once I get this guy to 85. I tend to focus on one toon at a time. I'm thinking about making a Rogue, though. I hate finding chests and not being able to open them. Besides, i think raiding with an RP group might be worth my time with a Rogue. Maybe they'll take their time & sneak instead of rushing in like they are punching a clock, nullifying all my skills.

BTW dungeon queue times on WA suck. Having been leveling an Ghostlands this week all the dungeon queues are like 3-5 minutes. On WA, I was looking at 20 minutes most of the time. Must be a pretty low population battlegroup.

BTW dungeon queue times on WA suck. Having been leveling an Ghostlands this week all the dungeon queues are like 3-5 minutes. On WA, I was looking at 20 minutes most of the time. Must be a pretty low population battlegroup.
I concur. it took quite some time last weekend to get into instances and BGs.

I've discovered that Strat:service is really unpopular right now. Five groups bailed as soon as they saw it was Strat.

You'd think on a RP server, people would be clamoring to get Baron Rivendare's mount. Then again, at 85, you can just solo farm for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1342743136][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I ended up running Gnomeregan THREE TIMES yesterday... god, please let me outlevel that place. When I got Scarlet Monastery, I was ecstatic. In fact, everyone in our group was glad that it wasn't gnomeregan.

Strath is unpopular because it's so densely packed it's downright annoying.

I have said it once and I will say it again, a lot of the dungeons that were long and difficult due to high mob volume were never all that enjoyed. I still argue with people that call Blackrock Depths the "best dungeon ever" when it was the one people hated the most due to the huge amount of space, getting lost, tons of mobs, etc... It would have worked better as a quest zone then a dungeon.

Stratholme had a similar problem, one that was partly fixed with the splitting of the dungeon, but still way to densely packed with mobs with ridiculous skills like anti-magic shell.

This is why everyone friggin loves it when they get to the SM section of dungeons, because SM is tight, quick, simple to understand. It does not overload you but still give you options through the four different wings.

MoP Update

Druids are officially gaining the Stag as the new travel form, replacing the Cheetah. The cheetah is still an option by using a special glyph if someone feels nostalgic for it. There is another glyph that allows other players to ride on your back while in the Stag form.

Also, I can see why people love Pokemon now. I avoided it when I was younger as I didn't see the appeal, but with pet battles I find myself logging on beta just to take part in the pet battle system rather then do anything else. Right now I have my "Dragon Master" team using Frosty (Frost Wyrm Whelp), Phasy (Netherwhelp), and Ony (Onyxia Whelp), and I find myself traveling to different zones just to find rare pets to capture. They added a TON of pets for this system, so much that the collection achievement now goes up to 400. Just going through Durotar I collected two different beetle types, a blue water snake, a small black widow, and a new rabbit type.

I attempted to capture a team of toads in Ashenvale, but they obliterated by whelp team with their water spit and soothing waters heal!

I think my favorite thing is they put a lot of effort into making all the skills unique per pet. I have yet to see much in the way of skill overlap (there is some, but it seems very light). My whelps have unique skills that fit entirely with what they are, and some seem unique to just that pet, like my Onyxia whelp and her Deep Breath.

They also recently changed the rarity system a bit. Before, all items had a random rarity, meaning even items you collected manually, like all the old whelps, phoenix hatchling, armadillo, etc... you would have to keep getting or buying if you wanted to get a rare with high stat allocation. They altered it though, making pretty much all the rare drop and pet store pets into automatic rares with a set high allocation. You can still get a rare pet through the catching system that will edge out these rares, but now getting a rare drop (or putting some cash into the pet store) automatically means it's going to be a good battle pet. I can already see some complaining about the pet store pets being part of this.

Lastly, they are making rare mobs extremely attractive in terms of finding, fighting, and defeating them. Every rare mob in Pandaria now drop special items depending on the rare. Here are some small examples of the items you can get, though I am not going to mention which rare holds the item.

An account bound potion that increased XP gain by 300% for 1 hour. Basically gives you RaF without the friend for 1 hour.
An item that automatically boosts all reputations on Pandaria by 1000 rep.
A turtle shell, that when hurled at an enemy mounted player, will dismount them. Yes, even flying mounts, from 40 yards away. (Sadly not colored blue or red)
Various transformation items, like a compass that lets you look like Mr. Smite and say his catch phrases from old Deadmines.
A CC item that turns an enemy mob into an amber prison for 2 minutes. Can't be used on players. (Basically any class can have PVE CC if they have this item)
A lily pad that gives you when used casts a random druid ability based on your class and spec, though what happens if you are a druid is unknown.
An item that summons a Hozen who you can send out to collect items, he will return after a set time with a bag of resources like herbs and other randoms
A box of stray puppies, calling them out will bring out a bunch of pugs wearing different hats.
A banana you can throw on the ground, which will trip the first mob or player that walks over it (I can see this being disabled in BGs).

Goes on and on. This is going to make finding rares very attractive. Expect a lot of PVP on PVP servers in or around their spawn areas.

Sooo, seeing as I didn't have any ties on my main server and we need high level guildies, I'm transferring my 85 Druid over to this server. She's dual specced feral combat/heal so I could DPS or heal.

For those that can invite, her name is Arlissa, unless the name is taken on the server already. If so, I'll update with the new name.

For those that are interested in seeing some of the changes in MoP but don't have the beta, from what I hear the PTR just went live.

This is good news, it means we will likely see the 5.0 patch next month, and after that a month of the "transitional" content before MoP is released. Late September to early October are looking good.

Sooo, seeing as I didn't have any ties on my main server and we need high level guildies, I'm transferring my 85 Druid over to this server. She's dual specced feral combat/heal so I could DPS or heal.

For those that can invite, her name is Arlissa, unless the name is taken on the server already. If so, I'll update with the new name.
BananaHands -- you on this? I should be back tomorrow or Sunday at the latest, if not.

For those that are interested in seeing some of the changes in MoP but don't have the beta, from what I hear the PTR just went live.

This is good news, it means we will likely see the 5.0 patch next month, and after that a month of the "transitional" content before MoP is released. Late September to early October are looking good.
Was the "Playing with RealID friends regardless of server" thing implemented already, or is that a MoP thing?

Oh, and did I forget to mention, my Druid is max level Inscription with a ton of glyph recipes. So if you guys need glyphs or dust, just let me know.

Dave

Staff member
Was the "Playing with RealID friends regardless of server" thing implemented already, or is that a MoP thing?
I saw Scythe come on last night and could have talked to him. And he was playing a dirty, dirty Horde at the time.

Myabe, depends on what you mean. There is a button in the social panel that allows you to group with friends from other servers for things like dungeons. It does not work for LFR or battlegrounds yet, as far as I know. I actually ran a few dungeons once with a friend on Wyrmrest Accord from my Horde characters on Tichondrius.

Once MoP comes out though (well, 5.0 more specifically, it's not something that will require MoP), the "Cross Realm Zones" will be implemented. This will allow you to group with a friend and then quest with him in any zone, even though he is on another server. They are testing it out right now on the beta and sometimes while questing you might see someone from the other test server questing around.