Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

How do the trial accounts work? Can you make characters on multiple servers?
Yes, you can make as many characters you want up to the 50 max per account. The main limitations is you can't take part in most public broadcast communication, can't trade with other players, can't use the AH, and can't level beyond 20. Most of those restrictions you can blame gold farmers for, as they were abusing trial accounts for laundering stolen gold or advertising.

P.S. MoP just got it's official release date, September 25th. This is also the first year they are selling a Digital Deluxe version rather then just the Regular and Collectors Edition. The Digital Deluxe version gives you the digital goodies that normally come only with the CE, and this year that is both a pet and a new mount.

Dave

Staff member
I'm a sucker. I'll buy the game. When it comes out I may roll a Goblin. I have yet to play one other than a bit (I think I stopped after 6th level or so). That area will probably be pretty empty so it'll be easy.

I'm a sucker. I'll buy the game. When it comes out I may roll a Goblin. I have yet to play one other than a bit (I think I stopped after 6th level or so). That area will probably be pretty empty so it'll be easy.
Cross-Realm Zones mean very rarely will zones be entirely empty now.

The beginner zones I tried on another server were almost totally empty. It was weird.
Most of them will be pretty empty, most players are already at the max level and those leveling alts usually move very quickly.

I was actually surprised when I logged on Wyrmrest and players were filling up areas of the human starting area.

I just got Scroll of Ressed, so I might make a character over there. Saving my free char transfer for something else though. (If only I could transfer 2 characters for free)

Explain cross zones for me, please.
All servers are going to be linked in a cross zone system. Basically think of it like merging all the servers together so that rather then servers, each is basically a little phase or dimension of existence.

So let's say you make a new character named Elfdave on Blackhand. You finish a few quests and move out into Teldrassil, but Blackhand in general does not have a lot of people actually leveling in Teldrassil. The server communicates with his partners and says, "Hey, I noticed Coilfang, Bladefist, Durotan, and Fenris only have like two people in Teldrassil each, how about we link ups?" The other servers answer "Sure thing bro!"

Next thing you know, you are on a quest when three other elves, one from Coilfang, maybe the other two from Bladefist, pop into the zone and you can see them, talk to them, or even group with them. They will be in the zone as long as needed to help make it feel a bit fuller, and then will phase them out when not needed anymore.

Let's say you meet another guy named Legololols and you group together and have a lot of fun, well you might want to continue questing with him. Simply make a group and stay in a group together, and neither of you will phase out for the other. If you really hit it off and want to level with him again in the future, you can add his BattleTag (which are finally getting official in WoW with 5.0), and invite him to group later, allowing you both to once again phase into a communal zone to do the same quests.

So for instance, lets say you really like that character you made on Ghostlands but want to level with my new hunter on Wyrmrest Accord. I can invite you using the BattleTag and we could level through Pandaria together regardless of the server separation.

Dave

Staff member
Hmm. I would think that would make some places harder to quest. Like areas where you have to kill "X" creatures and they are hard to find. I actually like it when I'm questing if an area is sparsely populated. Hell, if I'm the only one in the zone I love it!

Well then I don't know what to tell you! It's going to be happening pretty soon now. The 5.0 patch is expected to come out beginning of September.

I made a dwarf paladin named Rubinet on Wyrmrest if anyone gets a chance to invite me sometime. (Or give me a timeframe to have her logged in)

Hell, if I'm the only one in the zone I love it!
Haven't you heard? You're not allowed to choose h ow you enjoy your games! ActiBlizz will decide for you exactly how, when and where you are allowed to enjoy their games, and you can just sit there and do it their way, or go elsewhere. You're just one in an army of millions desparate to give them their money, after all.
I may be slightly annoyed with Blizzard for the moment - their handling of Diablo III lately really shows a shift in corporate policy from "we value our customers and in return the customers love us" to "our customers really love us and will defend us no matter what, we know what's best for them and we will decide how to enjoy our games".

It's some sort of weird mentality shift. "Everyone" has to be able to enjoy their games (ok, fine by me if they want to appeal to a large audience), so they're "improving" their games for easiest play and very "guided" (never alone, preset skill choices which you can change if you jump through 50 hoops first,...). The gameplay this results in is extremely streamlined, I can see why they'd want to make it that way and i'm sure lots of people will enjoy this type of experience. Unfortunately, people wanting to play their games in their own way are left in the cold. Playing WOW alone is obviously not the way it's meant to be played. Using mods? oh no. heck, even interface and such were 10x more malleable and changable in older Blizz games than in the newer ones.

:devil:[DOUBLEPOST=1343252299][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, Frank, if you haven't redeemed it yet, I'd be OK with you giving it to Scytherexx, He's a much more active player than I am. I only get to play in spurts in the summertime.

(of course that doesn't mean that I don't want that spectral mount)

Unfortunately the battlegroup for this server is kind of lacking. On my main server, I only have to queue for an average of 2-5 minutes, maybe ten during slow hours. On this battlegroup, it takes a minimum of 5 min up to 45.

Unfortunately the battlegroup for this server is kind of lacking. On my main server, I only have to queue for an average of 2-5 minutes, maybe ten during slow hours. On this battlegroup, it takes a minimum of 5 min up to 45.
I dunno, I still get instant queues as a tank! :csi: