World War 3?

Everybody's throwing out lots of accusations all over the place. We'll have to wait 'till the dust settles, and even so. Could still be either side, on purpose or a fringe group overstepping bounds, or a foreign group infiltrating to destabilize. Lord knows IS would love Europe and America to focus fully on Ukraine and leave Israel and Iraq to calmly implode on their own, and they've got BUKs too.

GasBandit

Staff member
I know I say it over and over, but here it rings true again: Russia - always the villain of the world, or in bed with whoever is.

GasBandit

Staff member
Passion.

--Patrick
Oh, Russia's not crazy, just corrupt and power hungry. They're going about this in a very savvy fashion, mostly using proxies to perpetrate their will and make it difficult to prove they're involved, when all circumstantial evidence shows they clearly are the puppetmaster here.

I am imagining some of the dialogue like it's from a cheesy 90's movie.
"So if some of our people just happen to be in the area, and some of our equipment just happens to fall into the hands of the rebels..."

--Patrick

This has to be a joke. The sheer amount of effort it would take to get the plane, acquire the dead bodies, plant the dead bodies, and then getting the plane into Ukrainian airspace without anyone catching on would be ludicrous and it would be FOR NO REASON. They could alter the manifest, but then that would require the complicit co-operation of Air Malaysia and the airport... but we'd find out those bodies couldn't have come from the departure.

This is just insane.

Last night I sent in a report about a trailer off to the side of the road in the night ('cuz it's around a curve and hard to see in the dark). I got a response from someone else on the same highway that basically said, "Yeah! I saw it, too. Just two perfectly good jet-skis sitting there. I might've stopped for them but my car doesn't have a hitch."
People surprise me less and less, and I really wish it were otherwise.

--Patrick

Considering how crappy life is in Ukraine, I really don't blame these people for taking advantage of this. Is it wrong? Yes. But I'd probably do the same in their situation.